X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robotdevil
    replied
    Posted to wrong thread
    Last edited by Robotdevil; 04-12-2010, 06:48 PM. Reason: Posted to wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• formerusssnusmc
    replied
    Originally posted by JI603 View Post
    Staying in the Air Force for 4 years, using GI bill to go to a good 4 year college. Getting a solid GPA in a degree other than criminal justice. Doing an internship with an agency that will take you during your 3rd - 4th year. Getting a letter of recommendation from supervisor.

Studying a second language while you're there, and/or taking an extra class a semester, transferring some Air Force experience credits, and taking a CLEP test or two which will get you out of there in 3 years.

Staying out of trouble and away from troublemakers, would have you being pretty competitive right around the 25-26 year old range, with a 4 year degree, military experience, LE work experience (internship) and second language proficiency.

Then you can choose...
    I think this sounds about perfect. After your 4 years and college, then decide what you wanna do. Remember to apply to any of your choices a little before graduating, as they take 1-2 years to hire you.

I would actually suggest doing AF reserves, having them pay for college, then applying to your choices after college. If you want to go active no matter what, then disregard this.

Don't do drugs, don't get more than 1-2 traffic tickets at most the next few years, get at least a 3.0 in college.

Leave a comment:

• Jarhead_FBI_SA
    replied
    Originally posted by tpbman121 View Post
    im sorry if this thread is in the wrong place. i am new to this site. i am planning on going into the air force after i graduate high school this year. i have always wanted to do some sort of law enforcement. my question is what would be a better move:
    1. staying in the air force for 4 years and then going into CIA SPS, FBI police or something along those lines
    2. staying in the air force for 4 years and then going local pd somewhere
    3. making the air force my career

i know all of this is a long way off but i just want to get a feel of what to do.
    Stay Air Force, move into AFOSI, then if you feel like it, go civilian AFOSI.

Leave a comment:

• JI603
    replied
    Staying in the Air Force for 4 years, using GI bill to go to a good 4 year college. Getting a solid GPA in a degree other than criminal justice. Doing an internship with an agency that will take you during your 3rd - 4th year. Getting a letter of recommendation from supervisor.

Studying a second language while you're there, and/or taking an extra class a semester, transferring some Air Force experience credits, and taking a CLEP test or two which will get you out of there in 3 years.

Staying out of trouble and away from troublemakers, would have you being pretty competitive right around the 25-26 year old range, with a 4 year degree, military experience, LE work experience (internship) and second language proficiency.

Then you can choose...

Leave a comment:

• tpbman121
    started a topic CIA SPS and Local Police

CIA SPS and Local Police

im sorry if this thread is in the wrong place. i am new to this site. i am planning on going into the air force after i graduate high school this year. i have always wanted to do some sort of law enforcement. my question is what would be a better move:
    1. staying in the air force for 4 years and then going into CIA SPS, FBI police or something along those lines
    2. staying in the air force for 4 years and then going local pd somewhere
    3. making the air force my career

i know all of this is a long way off but i just want to get a feel of what to do.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7294 users online. 372 members and 6922 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X