300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting backgrounds?

I am currently in two separate processes with two different agencies been about 3+ months since started in backgrounds for both. Sure getting ancy and know that probably still got time but was thinking around the 4 month mark giving a call to see if all is going well ext... would you recommend or not?

Also at first one of the BI used email to get ahold of me twice if i do go through with contact should i contact this one via email as it seemed to be her preferred choice in getting ahold of me?
    Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Ancy at 3 months? hahah.. sorry for laughing I already had a clearance and some took 3-6 months.. They dont even have to do the whole process in my case.. Be patient. During a BI there's nothing you can do, nor can any HR help you besides saying "pending." Many agencies contract parts of the BI out to people all over the U.S. If not, an agent has to fly to your hometown and interview everyone.. This takes a lot of time. There were new rules signed in to law, don't know if its taken affect yet. If so, it should be done in 60 days I believe... (remember it then has to be adjudicated, which can take another 30 days)

If they contact you, you can reply. I did. That background investigator was very nice, helpful, and responsive.
    Last edited by formerusssnusmc; 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by formerusssnusmc View Post
      Ancy at 3 months? hahah.. sorry for laughing I already had a clearance and some took 3-6 months.. They dont even have to do the whole process in my case.. Be patient. During a BI there's nothing you can do, nor can any HR help you besides saying "pending." Many agencies contract parts of the BI out to people all over the U.S. If not, an agent has to fly to your hometown and interview everyone.. This takes a lot of time. There were new rules signed in to law, don't know if its taken affect yet. If so, it should be done in 60 days I believe... (remember it then has to be adjudicated, which can take another 30 days)

If they contact you, you can reply. I did. That background investigator was very nice, helpful, and responsive.
      Per Intel Reform Act of 2004, for fed clearances theres a standard for clearances being done within 60 days, 90% of the time (40 investigative days / 20 for adjudication) and at least 80% of them will be done within 120 days.

Comment

The investigator you met with for your background won't be able to shed any light on your status. Most likely they've completed the work assigned to them and have moved on to other things. After three months it's even possible they won't remember the particulars of your case. At this point, any one of a number of things is happening:

1) Your case is being adjudicated (or maybe it has been adjudicated and the hiring agency is working on some administrative details);
        2) There is continued work in other areas that your investigator has nothing to do with;
        3) There are problems developed in your case, in which case the investigator is not going to be able to discuss it with you. If they need clarification on a matter, you will be contacted for an additional interview; or
        4) The investigator placed your file on top of his/her car and forgot before driving out of the parking lot.

Regardless, don't pester the investigator. If they contact you for any reason, feel free to ask questions at that time since you already have their attention. No news is good news in the background process.

Comment

Originally posted by thebonekracker View Post
          The investigator you met with for your background won't be able to shed any light on your status. Most likely they've completed the work assigned to them and have moved on to other things. After three months it's even possible they won't remember the particulars of your case. At this point, any one of a number of things is happening:

1) Your case is being adjudicated (or maybe it has been adjudicated and the hiring agency is working on some administrative details);
          2) There is continued work in other areas that your investigator has nothing to do with;
          3) There are problems developed in your case, in which case the investigator is not going to be able to discuss it with you. If they need clarification on a matter, you will be contacted for an additional interview; or
          4) The investigator placed your file on top of his/her car and forgot before driving out of the parking lot.

Regardless, don't pester the investigator. If they contact you for any reason, feel free to ask questions at that time since you already have their attention. No news is good news in the background process.
          +1, don't worry about #4, if that were to happen you and everyone else that had anything to do with you BI would be notified.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7648 users online. 371 members and 7277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X