300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Investigator - Department Of Health And Human Services

This just opened up today. Anyone know more info on this position, job particulars, etc...

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...28%3a00#duties

I would like some more information as well if anyone has any.

I don't even know where they have offices. They usually list cities, regions, or areas. I didn't see any listed.

I guess we just have to apply and see where we are offered (if we make it that far).

Comment

Region offices listed on the website

* Region 1 - Boston
      Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
      * Region 2 - New York
      New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands
      * Region 3 - Philadelphia
      Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
      * Region 4 - Atlanta
      Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
      * Region 5 - Chicago
      Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin
      * Region 6 - Dallas
      Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas
      * Region 7 - Kansas City
      Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska
      * Region 8 - Denver
      Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming
      * Region 9 - San Francisco
      Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, and Republic of Palau
      * Region 10 - Seattle
      Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington

Comment

I have no idea on the specifics of the job. The duties seem pretty vague.

I went to the DHHS website and then clicked on the "Office of the Secretary" tab (since you'd be working under that section of the DHHS) to see what kind laws you Might enforce. I found some of these possibilities

"Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
        ASPR serves as the principal advisory staff on matters related to bioterrism and other public health emergencies.

Department of Appeals Board
        DAB provides prompt, fair, and impartial dispute resolution services to parties in many different kinds of disputes involving components of HHS.

Office for Civil Rights (OCR)OCR
        enforces Federal laws that prohibit discrimination by health care and human services providers that receive funds from HHS.

Office of Global Health Affairs (OGHA)
        OGHA represents the Department to the governments, other Federal Departments and agencies, international organizations and the private sector on international and refugee health issues.

Office of Inspector General (OIG)
        OIG protects the integrity of HHS programs, as well as the health and welfare of the beneficiaries of those programs."

The Office of the Secretary has alot of branches under it and there were several other branches that I did not include because I didn't think they were relevant to this position. With those, it seems that you could be enforcing OIG related issues, fraud type cases, civil rights cases, and bioterrorism. From my understanding, the F.B.I would have jurisdiction in all of the above EXCEPT the OIG cases. This job was probably created along with the new Health Care Reform so there may be provisions that you investigate those crimes along with the F.B.I. Again, I have no idea. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's mostly an OIG job.

Comment

I was kind of expecting OIG type work myself. I figure this is part of the new Obamaplan.

Thanks for digging up those Regions and office locations BCR02!

Comment

Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
            I was kind of expecting OIG type work myself. I figure this is part of the new Obamaplan.

Thanks for digging up those Regions and office locations BCR02!
            announcement does state the vacancy supports the Healthcare Reform Initiative. They sure didn't waste much time.
            GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
            Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
            Applied - 08/2012
            Phase I - 09/2012
            M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
            Applied - 09/2011
            Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
            VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
            Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
            PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
            BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
            Applied - 06/2011
            Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

Simplest application I have ever filled out! The problem is I have no idea what exactly they are looking for in an applicant: a criminal investigator or someone with medical/administrative knowledge. Reason being, one could potentially tweak their resume for more favorable results. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Any idea when they want to hire? I would imagine soon based on the how quickly this announcement came out.
              Last edited by CISPOS; 03-31-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

OIG Brochure

http://www.oig.hhs.gov/career/oi_brochure/recruit1.htm

Comment

Interesting read.
                  Last edited by CISPOS; 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

What kind of travel do you think is involved with this position?

Comment

Originally posted by CISPOS View Post
                      Simplest application I have ever filled out! The problem is I have no idea what exactly they are looking for in an applicant: a criminal investigator or someone with medical/administrative knowledge. Reason being, one could potentially tweak their resume for more favorable results. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Any idea when they want to hire? I would imagine soon based on the how quickly this announcement came out.
                      I agree. There were no KSAs of any kind. Good luck!

Comment

I threw my name in the hat, curios as to how long the wait will be or even how many they are hiring.

Comment

Maybe they want to steamline the process,thus they eliminate the KSAs
                          "We can close each others eyes real fast, but then nobody's gonna make no money." Miami Vice

Comment

Hopefully, this announcement doesn't go like the SIGTARP announcement last year. They canceled the whole thing and I'm not even sure if the position exists anymore.

I applied for the HHS last night. Having such a quick first cutoff should be a sign that they will move quickly through the first applicants.

Comment

I read the announcement, but I was just wondering how strict are they with combination of education and experience. I graduate college in May with a BS in Accounting and am currently a GS-4 in the Excepted Service. Will that qualify for the 9 or do you need to have at least been a GS-07 with a Bachelors degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6463 users online. 340 members and 6123 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X