300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshals Pay GL-05 vs GL-07

I was wondering if anyone knew what the qualifications were for GL-07. I thought I qualified for GL-07 because I have a BA with 3.5+ GPA. I was offered GL-07 with border patrol but GL-05 with USMS.

Maybe i'm answering my own question but the marshals website says:

GL-7: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS and SUPERIOR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT:

EXPERIENCE:

Have one year of responsible law enforcement experience in addition to the GL-5 experience requirements above

Have the ability to deal effectively with associates, subordinates, the general public, and prisoners.

Have the ability to make arrests and use firearms proficiently.

SUPERIOR ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT:

A bachelor's degree and one of the following Superior Academic Achievement provisions:

A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher for all completed undergraduate courses, or for those courses completed during the last 2 years of undergraduate study.

Rank in the upper 1/3 of your college or university undergraduate class.

Membership in a national scholastic honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies.

Successful completion of graduate education in law, or in a field related to law enforcement (e.g., criminal justice), or completion of one full year of graduate study (minimum of 18 semester or 27 graduate quarter hours).

I thought the FED requirements were the same across the board, so does that mean Border Patrol Agent GL-7 is different than USMS GL-7?

Job qualifications are not the same across-the-board.

Did you apply for a GL-07 slot, a GL-05 or both? Even if you qualify as a GL-07, they may end up only offering you a GS-05...if you applied stating you'd accept a GL-05 offer.

Comment

It's what they want to pay you. Unfortunately that's how it goes.

Comment

Consider that your pay will increase to that step in one year anyway. I'd rather have a good job that I like and struggle a little for a year, than turn down the job and be stuck in some job I hate.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Take it or leave it. You're not going to change their mind. If you want the best job in the world- I would suggest taking it.

Comment

You are all right. I will just have to suck it up. Thanks for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9937 users online. 384 members and 9553 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X