Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good online CJ of Public Admin program?

I will retire from career #1 in 2014 and would like to persue LE as my second career. I'd like to have bachelor's degree to put on my resume when the time comes. Can anyone recommend a a good online school that is respected/highly regarded in the law enforcement community.

I got my degree at Upper Iowa University....it was online. Courses were not a cakewalk but very managable. Teachers and staff were very helpful. I loved my experience with them and am considering getting my masters in PA with them.
    ICE SA

Test: July 2009
    NOR: Sept 2009
    Interview: Nov 2009
    NOR: Dec 30, 2010
    TO: Jan 3, 2011
    Medical: Jan 14, 2011
    Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
    Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
    Met with BI: March 9, 2011
    BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

I continually hear good things about American Military University's programs online. I taught CJ online for Kaplan for a few years, which also has a good program.
      sigpic

Comment

Washington State University has a great online CJ degree program

Comment

Columbia College, is great low cost of 220 per credit hour. Regionally and Nationally accreditation. Great transfer credit for your other courses given, and they give you good credit for your military stuff.

http://www.ccis.edu/online/academics/degrees.asp?BACJA

Comment

I go to Tiffin University (not online but they have Bachelor's and Master's degrees online) so I am bias but they have a great program with professors from every federal agency and local agencies. Check out the website: www.tiffin.edu
            Border Patrol Agent (SWB)
            Applied: 7/14/10
            Exam: 8/18/10
            Exam Results: 8/24/10 (99 w/o Vet. Points)
            TSL 1: 9/10/10
            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/1/10
            Medical/PFT1: 10/15/10
            Oral Board: 10/26/10 (Passed)
            Drug Test: 2/3/11
            B.I. Interview: 3/30/11
            TSU: 7/21/11
            Final Offer: 7/22/11 (Naco, AZ)
            EOD: 8/15/11
            Academy: 8/22/11

Comment

I think a smart move would be to go to a college that supports the Marshals CSCEP program. There is a whole list of colleges you would just need to find out which one is close to you or online. http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/cscep_schools.html

This way you might come out of college with a marshals job, and if not you will still get your degree.

Comment

Colorado Technical University Online....you would like it here...

Comment

Penn State has an online program. They are also ranked in the top 5 in Criminal Justice. The best thing about it is your transcripts/degree are the same as if you were to attend the main campus, absolutely no difference.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7567 users online. 366 members and 7201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X