300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IEA'S Krome Processing Center

I would like to know why the IEA'S don't patrol the streets, instead they're in the camp, why
    Last edited by lambda3472; 03-22-2010, 04:55 PM. Reason: Replaced there to they're, thanks to Tr0uble86

Found Here
    ICE IEA
    May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
    June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
    July (7/20/09) - NOR
    August (8/17/09) - TO
    September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
    October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
    March '10 - Cleared Medical
    Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

Good tool to use, thanks Tr0uble86
      Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
      Found Here
      Last edited by lambda3472; 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM. Reason: With a grain of salt

Comment

Huh? Not all IEA's are in camps or detention centers. But detention is a big part of their job, hence their sub organization title of "Detention and Removal".

Check this out: http://www.ice.gov/pi/topics/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by lambda3472 View Post
          I would like to know why the IEA'S don't patrol the streets, instead they're in the camp, why
          What would you want them to patrol for? Hispanics that look like they could be illegal? I am definately aware of our immigration laws being incredibly lax due to politics and civil rights organizations, but that would be a huge civil rights issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Armed Greeter View Post
            What would you want them to patrol for? Hispanics that look like they could be illegal? I am definately aware of our immigration laws being incredibly lax due to politics and civil rights organizations, but that would be a huge civil rights issue.
            So pulling a marked van into the Home Depot parking lot is not a good thing? Well now I have to rethink my whole week.

Comment

They would patrol the same reason why any cop goes on patrol. To seek out those in violation of the law. In the IEA position that would be violations of title 8. But the reason why they do not patrol because they would make far to many arrests. That would **** off la raza and other pro illegal groups like the chamber of commerce. And it could be done within the law w/o violating any civil rights. But it will never happen.

And I'm sure you know there are many, other than mexican, illegal aliens in this country so it is not just about locking up hispanics the way the media likes to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                So pulling a marked van into the Home Depot parking lot is not a good thing? Well now I have to rethink my whole week.
                LMAO! I think it would be a great thing, but I think we need to crawl before we walk. If I'm not mistaken, there is an annual event in CA in which a ton of illegals, I'm sorry, Undocumented workers gather for civil rights (which they have no right to because they are not citizens). As far as I know, ICE can't do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  They would patrol the same reason why any cop goes on patrol. To seek out those in violation of the law. In the IEA position that would be violations of title 8. But the reason why they do not patrol because they would make far to many arrests. That would **** off la raza and other pro illegal groups like the chamber of commerce. And it could be done within the law w/o violating any civil rights. But it will never happen.

And I'm sure you know there are many, other than mexican, illegal aliens in this country so it is not just about locking up hispanics the way the media likes to play it.
                  I agree with everything you're saying, but because of the reasons you just mentioned, I believe ICE doesn't get involved in administrative issues, only criminal (unfortunately). My question is how would they be able to patrol and make arrest without violating civil rights?

Comment

I agree with everything you're saying, but because of the reasons you just mentioned, I believe ICE doesn't get involved in administrative issues, only criminal (unfortunately). My question is how would they be able to patrol and make arrest without violating civil rights?
                    I go on patrol everyday and make arrests under title 8 w/o violating anyones civil rights. It is done in same manner any proactive LEO makes arrests.

And ICE does not get involved because ICE does not want to deal with immigration unless its a slam dunk on a silver platter from my experience with that agency. And its not just me saying that either. In their defense they do not have much upside in immigration cases but a lot of potential downsides. Especially under the current administration. Just ask that SAC up in Washington State(?) who had his Agents doing work site enforcement. It hit the media and chairman O's flunky Janet Nappy was not too happy about ICE doing their job. He is probably retired SAC at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                      I go on patrol everyday and make arrests under title 8 w/o violating anyones civil rights. It is done in same manner any proactive LEO makes arrests.

And ICE does not get involved because ICE does not want to deal with immigration unless its a slam dunk on a silver platter from my experience with that agency. And its not just me saying that either. In their defense they do not have much upside in immigration cases but a lot of potential downsides. Especially under the current administration. Just ask that SAC up in Washington State(?) who had his Agents doing work site enforcement. It hit the media and chairman O's flunky Janet Nappy was not too happy about ICE doing their job. He is probably retired SAC at this point.
                      Sorry, but I'm rusty on my immigration law... What is title 8? Are you a CBPOE?

Comment

Nah, I think SHU is BP.
                        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Title 8 covers alien and nationality law. Title 8 is part of what CBP, BP, and ICE get their athority.
                          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Border Patrol use to patrol the entire country, just as their authority says they should be.

Then some "really smart" politicians decided that BP should only be near the border and they closed all of our interior stations, including the entire Livermore Sector which covered Los Angeles, Fresno, and the surrounding area. Smart move... now, once an illegal makes it beyond the border, they are safe from removal unless they are arrested for another crime.

IEA's are not trained to go out on patrol. The only uniformed agency that would actually patrol would be the Border Patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                              Border Patrol use to patrol the entire country, just as their authority says they should be.

Then some "really smart" politicians decided that BP should only be near the border and they closed all of our interior stations, including the entire Livermore Sector which covered Los Angeles, Fresno, and the surrounding area. Smart move... now, once an illegal makes it beyond the border, they are safe from removal unless they are arrested for another crime.

IEA's are not trained to go out on patrol. The only uniformed agency that would actually patrol would be the Border Patrol.
                              That is really depressing. That is always why I wanted to stay away from immigration related jobs if I could help it. I have an ICE app in process and will probably take the gig when my time comes. Without going to far into politics, do any of you guys seeing any kind of immigration reform in the near future with the current administration?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9858 users online. 414 members and 9444 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X