X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA Police Officer

https://www.nsa.gov/psc/applyonline/...RS_CE_JOB_DTL&

Qualifications
    Only the highest caliber individuals qualify for these selected positions. At a minimum, applicants must meet the following qualifications:

- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.

- Unquestionable loyalty to the United States and sound moral character as established by a comprehensive Federal Special Background Investigation (to include a polygraph).

- Issues that could disqualify an applicant from consideration include, but are not limited to, whether the applicant has engaged in serious criminal activity, recent illegal drug use, a history of adverse employment actions to include absenteeism and termination, or significant credit problems such as recent bankruptcies.

- This position requires the carrying of an Agency-issued firearm. The Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended, and applicable implementing regulations prohibit the NSA from issuing a firearm or ammunition to anyone who has a record of having been convicted of a crime involving domestic violence. Applicants who have been convicted of such a crime are not eligible to be considered for this position.

- At least 21 years of age.

- Excellent physical condition.

- Uncorrected visual acuity of 20/125, corrected to 20/20, as measured with both eyes viewing.

- Must be willing to work outdoors, shift-work, weekends, holidays, and overtime, under strenuous and potentially dangerous conditions.

- Possess a valid state driver's license.

- A High School diploma or GED and;
    * Two years of education above the high school level, or;
    * Honorable active duty military experience, or;
    * Have two years of progressively responsible experience that demonstrates the ability to learn and apply detailed and complex regulations and procedures.
    Just curious how many openings they have at a time and if they tend to only hire those with prior LEO/Military experience.

I was in process with USSS for an 1811 role but got the BQA letter (not competitive enough) due to lack of LEO experience or military service. USSS gets tons of apps these days and between all the folks with Veterans' Preference points and LEO experience, I had no chance.

Wondering if this role is more likely to hire someone with just private sector work experience.

Would also like to hear advice from anyone who has done or does this for a living. Do you like the job? What's the day-to-day like?

Thanks!
    Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

went to some trg. with a LT. from nsa. he liked the job and had transferred from DC airport police. He seemed to like it a lot, and said they and cia had just got LEO retirement. sounded as if most were prior LEO or military, but apply any way, you don't get a job unless you apply

Comment

Hey guys quick question,

I recently applied for NSA Police, what happens next? Either you get some sort of email to take some type of POST exam etc..? Or you just don't hear anything them from them at all?
      "One day, I'm going to get hired by some police agency some where." God Help Me!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
        Hey guys quick question,

I recently applied for NSA Police, what happens next? Either you get some sort of email to take some type of POST exam etc..? Or you just don't hear anything them from them at all?
        I've applied with them twice in the past 3 years. The first time I didn't ever hear anything back at all. The second time, about 4 months after applying I received an e-mail basically saying "we are still reviewing your application and are still interested in your application, we will contact you in the future." Well it's been about a year since that e-mail, but I gave up on it a long time ago...
        ICE IEA
        May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
        June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
        July (7/20/09) - NOR
        August (8/17/09) - TO
        September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
        October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
        March '10 - Cleared Medical
        Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDHOPEFULLY View Post
          Hey guys quick question,

When I applied many moons ago...I received a phone call from them maybe about 5 months later asking me if I was still interested and asking me further questions.

They paid for my flight,hotel, and food while I attended an orientation and the PT test.
          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

If you make the general statement on the announcement you are qualified enough to apply. The job is going to be similar to USSS UD, PENTAGON POLICE etc. You will moslty be standing posts around certain complexes... Any other information should not be posted on this website.

Comment

I applied in like June and got the email in December saying they're still reviewing the application.

Just applied against a week or so ago.

Comment

I took and passed the TEA. How does the POST compare? Is there a recommended study guide like there was for the TEA?
                Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Comment

Went through SWAT school with one of their guys. Good guy, seemed to like it. Their function is more static security and force protection. My cousin did it a ways back and left after a short time because it wasn't that proactive police work you see in a local department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10790 users online. 447 members and 10343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X