300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Probation

Does anyone on the boards work as a Federal PO? (I realize this has been asked before, but respondents were hard to come by... Was hopeful things had changed).

I am going to throw my name in the hat for the openings in Eastern District of VA, and had a few questions about hiring process, new-hire training, department morale, etc....

PM me if you've got any insight!
    "You can just go ahead and common sense your way out of this conundrum!"

I've heard that these jobs are tough to get. One of my coworkers has a masters degree in CJ, and 7 years working with the BOP, and still is struggling to land one. http://www.uscourts.gov/uscjobvac/qu...uscourts_query

The majority of these jobs are not posted on usajobs.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I have responded to your PM with the info you are looking for. Good luck with your search. These jobs are VERY difficult to get and do. A Federal Judge is like a God or Goddess and are very DEMANDING!!!!!! Be prepared for a lot of work. I did it for 6 years and went back to be a Federal agent due to the demands of the judges and the AO's weird policies. I make MUCH more money and am not in as many unsafe areas ALONE!

Good Luck!

Comment

Are you armed in the job?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewbie View Post
          Are you armed in the job?
          Depends on the district and the Chief Probation Officer for that district.

A Federal PO is considered a Federal LEO
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I recently applied to an opening here in Ohio and received a thanks but you're not qualified letter. 6 yrs work experience, 3 yrs as county Probation Officer, Bachelors + Masters degree in related field from good universities. I hear nothing but good things from Fed P.O.'s. Definitely gonna keep applying though.
            Different stages with different agencies...

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              Depends on the district and the Chief Probation Officer for that district.

A Federal PO is considered a Federal LEO
              do PO's have title 18 arrest authority? off-duty carry? etc?

Comment

Thanks for the post!
                Different stages with different agencies...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7669 users online. 368 members and 7301 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X