This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Air Marshals Hiring Process

The old thread is closed. I would still like to be able to discuss the hiring process, I hope they don't mind if I open a new thread.

I applied for the most recent announcement, Chicago field office. No movement as of yet.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard anything since I applied.

Comment

From what I have heard it can take from 9mon to a year to get hired.

Comment

does FAMS have policies against tattoos and facial hair? i'm just curious as to whether they do or not since having them would make you less obvious as an air marshal. I'm sure they would during training, but what about once you get out of that?

i don't have either of these features, but it just popped into my head over the last few days and am finally getting back on to the site.

Comment

well, if you applied in the beginning of Feb and met the 17th deadline, I heard that the contingent offers will be going out in the next week or two. Hopefully this thread can stay open, there is a lot of great info to share with each other on here.

Comment

Originally posted by usmc00 View Post
            well, if you applied in the beginning of Feb and met the 17th deadline, I heard that the contingent offers will be going out in the next week or two. Hopefully this thread can stay open, there is a lot of great info to share with each other on here.
            Also - the FAB for 2010 will have a written portion, even if you passed the 09 FAB and process via this announcement you will need to re-take this version of FAB.

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
              Also - the CBT for 2010 will have a written portion, even if you passed the 09 CBT and process via this announcement you will need to re-take this version of CBT.
              if you took the test from the Nov 09 announcement, you should have taken the updated version with the written portion and will not have to take it again. If you took the test from the Jan 09 announcement, you will have to re-take it.

Comment

Originally posted by usmc00 View Post
                if you took the test from the Nov 09 announcement, you should have taken the updated version with the written portion and will not have to take it again. If you took the test from the Jan 09 announcement, you will have to re-take it.
                Good copy.

Thanks brother.

Comment

Applied to both the 11/09 announcement (havent heard anything since taking the panel/PT/SAC interview on the 5th) and the 02/10 announcement before the Feb 17th deadline(nothing new since Met Qualifications).

I think the unruly blizzard that has "blistered" most of the Eastern Seaboard this month has put the hiring process behind by a few weeks, but hopefully well all be hearing something soon. Good Luck to us all!

Comment

Submitted all my documents etc and still seeing "Reviewing Applications"...not seeing the star that some have talked about. Did I do something wrong or does it take some time? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by decarse View Post
                      Submitted all my documents etc and still seeing "Reviewing Applications"...not seeing the star that some have talked about. Did I do something wrong or does it take some time? thanks
                      The star they are talking about is from the TSA dashboard. If you haven't previously applied they will email you the login details eventually.

Comment

If you are referring to the Candidate Dashboard, then you should be seeing "Application Received" with a checkmark over it, and "Met Qualifications" with a blue star over it.

You might be referring to the page where you went to complete the application. In that case, you are getting the two pages confused. After you submit your application, you should get an email with a link to the Dashboard page.

Comment

I am still seeing the same thing.

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                          The star they are talking about is from the TSA dashboard. If you haven't previously applied they will email you the login details eventually.
                          Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
                          If you are referring to the Candidate Dashboard, then you should be seeing "Application Received" with a checkmark over it, and "Met Qualifications" with a blue star over it.

You might be referring to the page where you went to complete the application. In that case, you are getting the two pages confused. After you submit your application, you should get an email with a link to the Dashboard page.
                          Originally posted by medic2931
                          Decarse, also check out page 411 of the old thread. I posted details there. LOL OK, enough fun. Seriously, like the others have said, you should have received an e mail with a link to the dashboard. Check your spam folder. If you didn't get it, call the help desk or whatever TSA calls it and ask them to resend it. It will contain a temp password you will need to log in.
                          I haven't received any email with a link to the candidate dashboard as of yet. I guess I will be calling the helpdesk soon.

Do you think the issue could have to do with me applying only for the Chicago FO? After all wasn't it stated that hiring was handled by each individual field office?
                          What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Ok, I think I figured out what you guys are talking about. The candidate dashboard is the place where we answered the questions, filled out the KSA's and uploaded documents right?

Mine says
                            Band G:Application Received
                            You have answered all the required questions for this band.
                            There is a green check mark, but there is no blue star that says met qualifications.
                            What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              Ok, I think I figured out what you guys are talking about. The candidate dashboard is the place where we answered the questions, filled out the KSA's and uploaded documents right?

Mine says

There is a green check mark, but there is no blue star that says met qualifications.
                              The candidate dashboard is a separate TSA website that is not directly affiliated with USAJobs.gov or the TSA/Monster.com application website where you fill out your KSA's. At some point in the application process you will be provided access to the TSA Candidate Dashboard where you can check in on the hiring process.

Here is the link to the official TSA Candidate Dashboard. This is where the star temporarily shows up above the "Met Qualifications" part of the hiring process.

TSA Candidate Dashboard

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11866 users online. 437 members and 11429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X