300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSS Special Officer

Does anyone know anything about this position? The anouncement is pretty vague in terms of qualifications.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...4+14%3a59%3a00
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Get with Kimble.... I believe his Grandfather use to be one back in the day...and he (Kimble) did an internship with the USSS......

Comment

Originally posted by kdub1811 View Post
      Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's not a SA, but its someone who does protection full time, primarily at the residence of a former president. Thats what I was told when I looked into it a while back. They had an opening at the Clintons residence in NY. The USSS website doesn't even talk about it, so I was confused when I saw the opening for it.

Comment

^^That doesn't quite fit with what is described in the announcement. Also this one is listed for DC.

The selectee will perform quasi-investigative duties that involves crime scene and seized vehicle searches, photographing, itemizing, and securing seized evidence; assisting agents with the transportation and cataloging of evidence; arranges vehicle repair and maintenance, driving protective vehicles and providing security support as well as vehicle fleet and property administration; ensures that proper security screening procedures (magnetometer and x-ray processes) are employed prior to allowing individuals into a secured area; performs enhanced security measures: initiates necessary required action as First Responder in emergencies to include the use of life saving equipment, fire safety, evacuation, and/or contingency plans because of terrorist, biochemical, radiological or comparable threats; maintains the equipment/supply room containing surveillance equipment, weapons and munitions and ensures that all high tech surveillance equipment is operational and that necessary repairs are made; performs other duties as assigned.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

It all depends guys.. Some get cool gigs and wear whatever they want etc.. others sit in a stupid box like everyone else. I know a guy who went UD to Special officer, then immediately came back he hated it so much. It's all random.. If you have nothing else, worth a shot to apply.. Key is to get your foot in the door if you havent worked in this area before.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            ^^That doesn't quite fit with what is described in the announcement. Also this one is listed for DC.
            Special Officer is a pretty good gig with the Service depending on the LOCATION. DC has the largest opportunity for movement and promotion as Special Officer. SO's do anything from protection, fleet maintenance, driving, fixed post @ HQ, and assisting agents in various duties. I know a handful of SO's, some former Uniformed Division. Out of the few I know none of them do the same type of job. I say that to let you know there is plenty of lateral opportunity within the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by 2themax45 View Post
              Special Officer is a pretty good gig with the Service depending on the LOCATION. DC has the largest opportunity for movement and promotion as Special Officer. SO's do anything from protection, fleet maintenance, driving, fixed post @ HQ, and assisting agents in various duties. I know a handful of SO's, some former Uniformed Division. Out of the few I know none of them do the same type of job. I say that to let you know there is plenty of lateral opportunity within the agency.
              Exactly. Think of it in terms of what the agents with USSS do, minus investigations. They're primarily, from what I've seen, used on full-time protection details to supplement agents. Per the announcement, you'll need a background in PSO's/force protection to qualify. If you don't (ex: newly graduated from college), I don't see how you'll qualify.
              sigpic

Comment

Do they get a take home car? What about AUO?

Comment

Originally posted by CTU76 View Post
                  I don't believe they get a car.. Remember what "protection means" If you are not on "the shift," or USSS SA for many years and are assigned directly to a person only, youre life is lived in stairwells.

Protection, from my opinion, is only fun if you follow your protectee. Most of protection is NOT this "movie style" protection. Most of it is stairwells, kitchens, empty hallways, runways, doorways. (Get a comfortable pair of shoes!)

If the protectee goes to a baseball game, only his personal detail will be down there in the seats. .. everyone else will be everywhere BUT a location of a game view

Remember though, some people dont mind standing post and collecting a nice paycheck.. I just didnt like it

Comment

Originally posted by CTU76 View Post
                    AUO is the same thing as leap for the 1811 position. I think the only Special Officers that get the AUO is the PST branch. (Protective Servicec Technicians) They usually are strickly drivers and keep up with fleet maintenance. I would not expect a G-ride to come with this position unless you are a supervisor.

Comment

Hello.

First time poster long time forum troll.

Wondering what the entrance exam/physical PAT is like for this post. I heard it is 8 weeks of training but have no idea where. FLETC?

Anything in specific to prepare for physically?

Any info on this would truly help.
                      Am I Clear? Code Seven...

Comment

Originally posted by 912.C7 View Post
                        Hello.

First time poster long time forum troll.

Wondering what the entrance exam/physical PAT is like for this post. I heard it is 8 weeks of training but have no idea where. FLETC?

Anything in specific to prepare for physically?

Any info on this would truly help.
                        Your profile says you work in LE, but not sworn. What experience do you bring to the table?
                        sigpic

Comment

4.5 years as an Armed Public Officer with a local PD, arrests, reporting, citing, basically sworn status while on duty... Drive a marked patrol vehicle in a patrol capacity within city limits. Held to the same standards. Do everything but get the "sworn" name. Some college, no degree. CA Post certified advanced officer training classes.

Closest reference that comes to mind is OCSD Special Service Officer, however they are sworn now.
                          Am I Clear? Code Seven...

Comment

Can Special Officers with 6C coverage carry off-duty?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11590 users online. 450 members and 11140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X