Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bureau of Indian Affairs - 0083 Applicant info, timelines, etc

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was not able to claim preference
    My father speaks of very few regrets in his life, but not getting our blood chit is one the thing he has mentioned numerous times over the years.

    Everything else is completed, and I am just waiting for the final go or no go.
    I am just planning ahead.
    My position with the Census is supposed to last until Feb or March of 2020, so I am good in that aspect. I am just trying to forecast the future.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rugger762 View Post
      I was not able to claim preference
      My father speaks of very few regrets in his life, but not getting our blood chit is one the thing he has mentioned numerous times over the years.

      Everything else is completed, and I am just waiting for the final go or no go.
      I am just planning ahead.
      My position with the Census is supposed to last until Feb or March of 2020, so I am good in that aspect. I am just trying to forecast the future.
      Well good luck! I’m impatiently waiting as well but I wouldn’t worry from what I understand no news is good news. I wish I had a better answer for you.

      Comment


      • Thanks for the information
        The main reason for posting was to connect with other applicants and see how their process was going.
        No news is definitely good news.

        I did see that an announcement opened today for Police Officers for District 5 Law Enforcement Services at the following locationBillings, MT Many vacancies I am hoping for Standing Rock but if they don't have any openings, I have also always wanted to work Lame Deer MT. That reservation used to be pretty busy.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rugger762 View Post
          Thanks for the information
          The main reason for posting was to connect with other applicants and see how their process was going.
          No news is definitely good news.

          I did see that an announcement opened today for Police Officers for District 5 Law Enforcement Services at the following locationBillings, MT Many vacancies I am hoping for Standing Rock but if they don't have any openings, I have also always wanted to work Lame Deer MT. That reservation used to be pretty busy.
          I live within an hour of Standing Rock and I’m in LE currently. I believe they are still short and they are still busy from what I hear. I’m guessing you’ll get good news sometime after the new year. I am in the hiring process for a criminal investigator position. Are you relocating to ND or are you here now?

          Comment


          • If I get accepted I will be relocating to ND.
            As a fall back I have looked into the North Dakota State Highway Patrol, Grand Forks PD, Probation and Parole, and DOT
            I have been interested in ND for numerous years and now I am in a position to relocate and begin a new journey

            Comment


            • The good news is there are always lots of agencies hiring, you just have to check often.

              Comment


              • Just applied to all vacancies, being a single guy helps with being flexible. Current Fed LE (0083), Vet with preference, and just had by security clearance renewed last month so I'm good for another 10 years. Hopefully it helps but seeing how selective BIA is, I'm not going to loose too much sleep if I my application doesnt get looked at.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rugger762 View Post
                  Thanks for the information
                  The main reason for posting was to connect with other applicants and see how their process was going.
                  No news is definitely good news.

                  I did see that an announcement opened today for Police Officers for District 5 Law Enforcement Services at the following locationBillings, MT Many vacancies I am hoping for Standing Rock but if they don't have any openings, I have also always wanted to work Lame Deer MT. That reservation used to be pretty busy.
                  Lame Deer is definitely a busy location, as is Crow Agency.
                  Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
                  Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
                  The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

                  Comment


                  • I hope everyone is doing well.
                    I just wanted to update everyone on my process.
                    I got the NO GO Letter today for Fort Yates.
                    (What a crappy Bday present)
                    I applied for the other agencies but I completed the whole process for Fort Yates.
                    I am not sure what direction I am going to go now.
                    I have had offers to go back and be an Investigator for two Medical Examiners Offices but I really wanted to go back to LE.

                    Good Luck to everyone
                    Have a safe Christmas.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rugger762 View Post
                      I hope everyone is doing well.
                      I just wanted to update everyone on my process.
                      I got the NO GO Letter today for Fort Yates.
                      (What a crappy Bday present)
                      I applied for the other agencies but I completed the whole process for Fort Yates.
                      I am not sure what direction I am going to go now.
                      I have had offers to go back and be an Investigator for two Medical Examiners Offices but I really wanted to go back to LE.

                      Good Luck to everyone
                      Have a safe Christmas.
                      That’s too bad! Sorry to hear that. Did they give you a reason for the no go?

                      Also, PM me if you’re interested in other LE gigs in ND.

                      Comment


                      • What it said was:

                        The selecting office has indicated that you were not selected for the position. Another candidate was selected for this position.

                        I was waiting to reclass to an intelligence position with the US Army reserves, so I will go ahead and knock that out and I will at least get my TS clearance back.

                        I'll shoot you a PM
                        Last edited by Rugger762; 12-19-2019, 04:33 PM.

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 8059 users online. 199 members and 7860 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X