Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That also takes time. I’ve even gotten the email stating I was not referred and then another email a couple weeks later stating I was
    Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
    Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
    The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• fsi1212 sorry I haven’t been on.. I applied back in June didn’t hear anything until I received a phone call Interview in September.. HR offered me the job in October finished all my pre employment paperwork October and now Waiting on Background investigation it’s actually been awhile since I applied. Give it some time hopefully you get a call soon.

Comment

• darkhorse6 DA-5-0 Just a quick update. I received an email stating that I was eligible, but I did not get referred to any location at all. That doesn't really make any sense to me but its whatever. Also, just FYI in case you or anyone else may be wondering, I am 10 point veterans preference (50% VA), but have no Native American preference. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post
          darkhorse6 DA-5-0 Just a quick update. I received an email stating that I was eligible, but I did not get referred to any location at all. That doesn't really make any sense to me but its whatever. Also, just FYI in case you or anyone else may be wondering, I am 10 point veterans preference (50% VA), but have no Native American preference. Thanks for the help guys!
          So there are two lists for each announcement. You have your native preference list, and then you have the non-native list. You were going to be near the top of the non-native list as a veteran with 10 points. And in a couple months (1-6) you’ll most likely be getting an email stating that you have been referred to a location (that exhausted it’s native preference list). It’s a weird process but be patient.
          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post

So there are two lists for each announcement. You have your native preference list, and then you have the non-native list. You were going to be near the top of the non-native list as a veteran with 10 points. And in a couple months (1-6) you’ll most likely be getting an email stating that you have been referred to a location (that exhausted it’s native preference list). It’s a weird process but be patient.
            That's strange here's the email I got. It looks as if I've been completely removed from the process. Plus USAJobs status has been updated to "Not Referred". You know better than I though, just not getting my hopes up too much lol

Dear fsi1212,

This letter is in reference to your application for the position of Police Officer, GS-0083- 4/5/6 with as detailed in CC-18-PQ10272503. Your application is rated as follows:

Eligible for the following position or positions:
            • GS-0083-4; You are tentatively eligible for this series/grade combination based on your self-rating of your qualifications.

Ineligible for the following position or positions:
            • GS-0083-5; You are ineligible for this series/specialty/grade combination because you do not meet the minimum qualifications of this position.
            • GS-0083-6; You are ineligible for this series/specialty/grade combination because you do not meet the minimum qualifications of this position.

If your application was eligible for referral, your referral status is as follows:

The following is your referral status for the position or positions to which you applied:
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-4 in Winnebago, Nebraska
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-4 in Fort Thompson, South Dakota
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-4 in Belcourt, North Dakota
            • Applicants have not been referred to the hiring manager at this time for position GS-0083-5 in Winnebago, Nebraska
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-5 in Fort Thompson, South Dakota
            • Applicants have not been referred to the hiring manager at this time for position GS-0083-5 in Belcourt, North Dakota
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-6 in Winnebago, Nebraska
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-6 in Fort Thompson, South Dakota
            • You have not been referred to the hiring manager for position GS-0083-6 in Belcourt, North Dakota

If you have been referred to the selecting official for employment consideration, you may be contacted for an interview. Once a selection has been made for this position, you will be notified again in writing, of the disposition of this vacancy announcement.

If this notice states you are eligible but you have not been referred to the hiring manager for consideration, this may be for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
            • you were not among the most highly qualified applicants, and/or;
            • the position is subject to Indian (Native American) Preference and/or Veteran's Preference, and you did not provide documentation of eligibility for the preference(s), and other applicants who submitted documentation proving preference were referred, and/or;
            • the position is subject to Indian (Native American) Preference, but only Veteran Indian Preference candidates were referred.
            Thank you for your interest in Federal employment with .

Comment

• Don’t worry, it is best to fire and forget with your application but I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that you’ll be getting a different kind of email in the future. It’s happened to me more than once just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
                Don’t worry, it is best to fire and forget with your application but I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that you’ll be getting a different kind of email in the future. It’s happened to me more than once just saying.
                That’s strange. Seems like a weird way to conduct hiring. But I guess it is the government. 10 years of government work I should know better by now haha

Comment

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post

That’s strange. Seems like a weird way to conduct hiring. But I guess it is the government. 10 years of government work I should know better by now haha
                  Due to legislation, the BIA has extra hiring authority leeway that is specific to the agency regarding native preference. Because of this, the hiring process is different from anywhere else to say the least. It only gets more confusing the further you get into it LOL.

Comment

• fsi1212 Don’t get discourage... I also got that before I didn’t get referred even for the job I got hired for.. Then I got a phone call for an interview it’s just the way BIA works.

Comment

• darkhorse6 DA-5-0 I still haven't heard anything back. I guess they had enough applicants to fill all the positions. I'm still showing as "Not Referred" on USAJobs. Doesn't really matter since I accepted an offer for DoD Police.

Comment

• fsi1212
                        fsi1212 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        DA-5-0 It's with the Navy. So I get to go to FLETC. I'm pretty excited.

• DA-5-0
                        DA-5-0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s good man congratulations on the job!

• fsi1212
                        fsi1212 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks. 3 years and over 35 agency applications and it finally paid off.

• darkhorse6
                        darkhorse6 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congratulations. Hopefully everything works out well for you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8342 users online. 277 members and 8065 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X