Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarcHorse
    replied
    Manstown or one of the other Deputy Marshals on here should be able to answer that question for you. I think they would be more in the loop with that.

Darc

Leave a comment:

• usmsken
    replied
    Hey anyone hear if we are getting our 13's. We have heard from more than a few places they are going to happen for sure. What is not for sure is when. Anyone else have news?????????

Leave a comment:

• Sporty23
    replied
    Do you know what the test will consist of? Would the individual who will be applying for USMS be able to prepare for it?

Leave a comment:

• keyz5542001
    replied
    Just realize when you apply the next time the hiring process comes around there is going to be a test. I am not sure if it is going to be a TEA test or some other test. I am not sure when it is going to take place. I have just heard the next hiring event is going to have test attached to the process.

Leave a comment:

• jjp
    replied
    Originally posted by sandcreek View Post
    -I have looked all over the USMS website and can't figure out what areas/states comprise specific "regions". Help please.

Look at post number 30. That should help.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...=126415&page=2

Leave a comment:

• sandcreek
    replied
    Does anyone know what kind of a resume USMS is looking for? Am i wrong in understanding that they don't subscribe to the standard federal resume/resumix (keywords) rating system. Are they looking for a targeted resume 1-2 pages. Like JPP i have attempted to call district recruiters, with no luck so here i am looking for answers.
    -I have looked all over the USMS website and can't figure out what areas/states comprise specific "regions". Help please.
    Trying to piece together the actual process...as it seems to be somewhat nebulous.

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    That won;t be out for a while. Some of the scheduled classes now run into/through 2011.

Leave a comment:

• Sox1212
    replied
    Does anyone know when the class schedule for FY 2011 will be released... Or how many new hires the USMS will be given?

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Recruitment is a collateral duty. Meaning that when a hiring drive is about to come up the recruiters will be notified. They don't really have a direct line that goes to them every day. When a drive comes up they will monitor those phone lines to answer any questions. But since there are plenty of people from the last FCIP, more than likely they won't answer. Best thing to do is watch the website as it will let you know when another hiring will begin and will also tell you what needs to be done.

Leave a comment:

• jjp
    replied
    Hello. I have a question regarding recruiting. What exactly is the role of the recruiter? From what I've read online (mainly here and the USMS website), openings are decided at the agency level. E-mail submissions are made at the regional level.

I've called four offices to introduce myself to a recruiter and to ask a few questions regarding any changes in the application process and to see if they knew about any upcoming recruiting drives. No one has answered my calls and their voicemails simply tell me that they aren't hiring and direct me to the website.

I understand that they are busy and recruiting is probably a side responsibility to their regular duties. Am I wrong in trying to contact them, even if it's just to introduce myself?

Leave a comment:

• Sporty23
    replied
    Thank you for your input SEAL6770 and Manstown.

Wow, you guys really lucked out. So jealous. It really seem like opening up positions for DUSM for 5 min or a phone call doesn't seem so fair. It seems like a lottery luck when it should be at least equal opportunity to at least apply and best gets picked. I really hope new method does get implied.

What does the test comprised of? Is it like the TEA exam? Is there a study material at least? It seems like TEA exam, FBI test, ATF (TEA), ICE (Logical reasoning/math) all seems like a similar test. I really wished that different agencies actually test job oriented/related tests. Like DEA's test which is more realistic than regular written tests. People learn and comprehend so many different ways you know?

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporty23 View Post
    Manstown,

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these many curiosities I have. It's really good to hear straight answers. If you don't mind me asking, how did you first hear about the info session when you first applied? Recruiters I've spoke to have no idea and website FCIP is always closed, so how did you get the heads up to call in for that 5min given time? What do you recommend for next opening?
    The FCIP program I was hired on with was different from what the more current folks went through. We didn't have to call in. I had seen on one of these forums, I forget which one, a DUSM posted any interest contact a recruiter by email. It was dumb luck. I sent an email not expecting too much. And low and behold about 10 minutes later I got an email saying to send my resume. The original post actually only lasted about 10 minutes on line before it was erased. I guess I was lucky that it was on for a short time because the initial announcement for it didn't come out until the next day. All we had to do was emails, no phone calls. I had taken the Shining Star test about a year or so before it and the only word I got was the test score.

I think what you'll see now is a little difference in the hiring trend. I doubt it will be anything like the 09 FCIP. I think I heard that the word for next time will be the written tests again. Only bad part about that will be a longer wait from application to class. But at least they'll be able to get a better selection of people because the phone calling won't be involved. Not a slight on anyone hear, I don't know you guys from Adam. But because of that phone call mess a lot of good people didn't even get their foot in the door.

Leave a comment:

• SEAL6770
    replied
    Originally posted by Sporty23 View Post
    Manstown,

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these many curiosities I have. It's really good to hear straight answers. If you don't mind me asking, how did you first hear about the info session when you first applied? Recruiters I've spoke to have no idea and website FCIP is always closed, so how did you get the heads up to call in for that 5min given time? What do you recommend for next opening?
    Most of us just kept checking the website. I checked weekly. Once in a while they would list an announcement that would say, "Region X will be opening on X date at X time." Then instructions would follow on how to apply, whether it was by phone or e-mail.

Leave a comment:

• Sporty23
    replied
    Manstown,

Leave a comment:

• manstown
    replied
    It's our Basic Deputy United States Marshals training. After CITP or if you by chance get on as a lateral and don't have to go through CITP again, the next portion is BDUSM.

And it's not if you're a FEDLEO. You have to be an 1811 to lateral over.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9083 users online. 407 members and 8676 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X