300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service Agent JJRTC

Hi All, I thought I would share this inside look at the training that follows FLETC. for Secret Service Special Agents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071701785.html

VERY Motivating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freedomisntfree View Post
      VERY Motivating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      That or crap what did I get myself into, lol

Comment

Originally posted by futurele19 View Post
        Hi All, I thought I would share this inside look at the training that follows FLETC. for Secret Service Special Agents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071701785.html
        The training for UD and SA at the JJRTC is very intense but not even close to a State Police academy. The USSS has top notch training and facilities, but being non-residential makes life better for the recruits.

I'd say its quasi para military but nothing insane except the CT portion, its a very professional environment. They train for different missions so different styles are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
          The training for UD and SA at the JJRTC is very intense but not even close to a State Police academy. The USSS has top notch training and facilities, but being non-residential makes life better for the recruits.

I'd say its quasi para military but nothing insane except the CT portion, its a very professional environment. They train for different missions so different styles are needed.
          One of the agents at my panel interview said JJRTC won't be anything compared to infantry school in the Marines. That is nice...but I was also 19 years old and in fantastic shape when I did that 10 years ago

My biggest fear is getting hurt and dropped during training....that is the real life death by 1000 cuts. Then again, I finished The Crucible at Parris Island with stress fractures in my feet....mind over matter, I was NOT going to stay in med hold for 6 weeks and not graduate with my platoon!
          Big Brother is watching

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
            One of the agents at my panel interview said JJRTC won't be anything compared to infantry school in the Marines. That is nice...but I was also 19 years old and in fantastic shape when I did that 10 years ago

My biggest fear is getting hurt and dropped during training....that is the real life death by 1000 cuts. Then again, I finished The Crucible at Parris Island with stress fractures in my feet....mind over matter, I was NOT going to stay in med hold for 6 weeks and not graduate with my platoon!
            You must remember our saying "Pain is weakness, leaving the body recruit"

Feel you, I am 34 now, but man I miss this ****. I been out of the corps for 10yrs too and same boat as you. We were young and flexible and I thought MCT was harder physically than PI, but I realize at my age, running 18 minute 3 miles ain't happenin. The good news is the fitness "requirements" aren't USMC standards and Marines never quit....

The absolute best part of this whole article:

We are one assassination away from wearing an FBI Badge.. awesome quote

Comment

My biggest fear is getting hurt and dropped during training....that is the real life death by 1000 cuts.

You won't be "dropped" if you get hurt during training unless your injury is permanent and you can't perform the physical duties required in the future. If you get injured during training you will be "recycled" to the next class you are physically ready to join.

Comment

Originally posted by GetmeOut View Post
                You won't be "dropped" if you get hurt during training unless your injury is permanent and you can't perform the physical duties required in the future. If you get injured during training you will be "recycled" to the next class you are physically ready to join.
                Recycled is a badword
                Big Brother is watching

Comment

Great journalism. I hope I get a chance to go through that. No pain, no gain.
                  USSS UD
                  App -Oct '09
                  Post - Dec '09
                  Results - Dec '09
                  Initial - Jan '10
                  Panel - 2010

Comment

So what was Infantry training like? I have been in the private sector my entire life and now thinking about applying to government LE positions. This article gave me a great insight as to what the training would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by futurele19 View Post
                      So what was Infantry training like? I have been in the private sector my entire life and now thinking about applying to government LE positions. This article gave me a great insight as to what the training would look like.
                      Well, I did school of infantry out at Camp Pendleton near San Diego...so I climbed a lot of steep mountains with a very heavy ruck on very little sleep. Food? MREs on the go, using a rock as a pillow, and some very intense (and long) assault courses where I usually had the pleasure of dragging a "casualty" a few hundred meters in the low-crawl.

Of course, there is nothing like doing range 400 out at 29 Stumps. If you've never done it, you'll never understand. That range is a lung-buster, especially in August when the temps are well north of 100 degrees when the sun rises.
                      Big Brother is watching

Comment

Well, I did school of infantry out at Camp Pendleton near San Diego...so I climbed a lot of steep mountains with a very heavy ruck on very little sleep. Food? MREs on the go, using a rock as a pillow, and some very intense (and long) assault courses where I usually had the pleasure of dragging a "casualty" a few hundred meters in the low-crawl.

Of course, there is nothing like doing range 400 out at 29 Stumps. If you've never done it, you'll never understand. That range is a lung-buster, especially in August when the temps are well north of 100 degrees when the sun rises.
                        ^Wow...that brought back memories. I got stuck doing 2 back to back CAX's that went over June July and August. The incoming unit was short NCO's and I was the junior CPL in my company and was volunteered to stay back as a squad leader. It was the weirdest thing. I was with 1/6. I dont recall who the new unit was. My unit left back for Lejeune, and I greeted my new Heavy Guns Squad and said, "Gents, Ill be your Squad Leader for the next couple weeks. And after that, we will probably never see each other again." The Squad was all new PFCs and LCpls just out of SOI. CAX ended, and I flew back to New River in the back of a C130 with a bunch of other NCOs and officers who were left back to do other roles at CAX. SOI at Pendelton.....Recon Ridge, the Microwave, Mount MF'r in boot camp....I think the worst were the humps across the beach in the sand!
                        Those were the days werent they. I got out after 4 years and all I owned was a beat up truck, an iron and ironing board and what could fit in my seabag. Now, wife, 3 kids, ...I got so much crap.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled programing.
                        Last edited by Flying Pig; 02-23-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Pig View Post
                          ^Wow...that brought back memories. I got stuck doing 2 back to back CAX's that went over June July and August. The incoming unit was short NCO's and I was the junior CPL in my company and was volunteered to stay back as a squad leader. It was the weirdest thing. I was with 1/6. I dont recall who the new unit was. My unit left back for Lejeune, and I greeted my new Heavy Guns Squad and said, "Gents, Ill be your Squad Leader for the next couple weeks. And after that, we will probably never see each other again." The Squad was all new PFCs and LCpls just out of SOI. CAX ended, and I flew back to New River in the back of a C130 with a bunch of other NCOs and officers who were left back to do other roles at CAX. SOI at Pendelton.....Recon Ridge, the Microwave, Mount MF'r in boot camp....I think the worst were the humps across the beach in the sand!
                          Those were the days werent they. I got out after 4 years and all I owned was a beat up truck, an iron and ironing board and what could fit in my seabag. Now, wife, 3 kids, ...I got so much crap.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled programing.
                          You misspelled volunTOLD. The joys of CAX should be a mandatory citizenship requirement. Mount MF'er sucked...but Ankle Breaker was the real tail-kicker to me...although I'm sure having to push/pull the fallouts up the hill made it worse than it really was. I was envious of you weapons company guys...my last CAX was with the mechanized element. Nothing spells suck like an Amtrak in the August heat, where it got so hot that the halon tanks went off on us. Good thing we weren't buttoned up, or we'd have all been screwed.

My wife is still amazed I can go on vacation with one medium sized suitcase. Packing a seabag is an art.
                          Big Brother is watching

Comment

My wife is still amazed I can go on vacation with one medium sized suitcase. Packing a seabag is an art.
                            +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8475 users online. 365 members and 8110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X