300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow Up after Ride Along

I've applied with my local Sheriff's Department. I've completed the written and the physical fitness tests. I've also completed a face-to-face interview with two of the Captains and now they are working on my background check. Friday, I went on a ride along. The ride along was great and I heard the Deputy tell his Sgt. that I asked all the right questions, took notes, and was very interested in getting hired. Awesome!

My question is, do I follow up? I know what a pain it is for a deputy to clean out the passenger seat of the car to allow a citizen to ride with him all day.

Do I follow up with the individual deputy via email or his Sgt or the admin/hiring Sgt?
    PAT: Passed
    National POST: Passed
    Oral Board: Passed
    Background: Underway
    Polygraph: Not started
    Psych Exam: Not started
    Medical: Not started
    Job Offer: Not Yet
    Academy Class: Not Determined

Follow up for what? Maybe drop them a thank you email or something if that is what your thinking. If your following up about whether you are getting the job, just be patient, if they started the BI you should hear something shortly. I would give it a couple weeks before inquiring about your status, just my opinion.
    ICE SA

Test: July 2009
    NOR: Sept 2009
    Interview: Nov 2009
    NOR: Dec 30, 2010
    TO: Jan 3, 2011
    Medical: Jan 14, 2011
    Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
    Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
    Met with BI: March 9, 2011
    BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

Yes a "Thank You" email or something. Not an inquiry about the job. I know I have to just wait on that. I know there is nothing I can do to speed up the process.

Just trying to be courteous.
      PAT: Passed
      National POST: Passed
      Oral Board: Passed
      Background: Underway
      Polygraph: Not started
      Psych Exam: Not started
      Medical: Not started
      Job Offer: Not Yet
      Academy Class: Not Determined

Comment

Rock Hill SC.... I think I remember some crazy ridicules officer involved shooting/pursuit video on the internet that was in Rock Hill. Officer (or Deputy) Greene had a SKS round go threw his tie. Pretty crazy. Im sure you have seen it but if not YouTube it.
        RIP Cpl Chris Singer (USMC)

Comment

Originally posted by JHawk View Post
          Yes a "Thank You" email or something. Not an inquiry about the job. I know I have to just wait on that. I know there is nothing I can do to speed up the process.

Just trying to be courteous.
          Did you thank the Deputy after the ride a long? If you did. Then leave it at that.
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5381 users online. 290 members and 5091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X