300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS CI Special Agent

I wanted to open another general thread for the IRS CI crowd.

I am a grade 9 candidate from the 2009 announcement and am currently on the ready list. Here are my questions.

- I was told that we would fill out a preference list of duty locations. Has anyone done this and when? Did they give you choices or did you just list what you wanted? Did you actually receive one of you choices?

-I have heard that the March and April classes will be assigned at the end of February. Has anyone heard anything about these classes yet?

Originally posted by Tiger99 View Post
    I wanted to open another general thread for the IRS CI crowd.

I am a grade 9 candidate from the 2009 announcement and am currently on the ready list. Here are my questions.

- I was told that we would fill out a preference list of duty locations. Has anyone done this and when? Did they give you choices or did you just list what you wanted? Did you actually receive one of you choices?

-I have heard that the March and April classes will be assigned at the end of February. Has anyone heard anything about these classes yet?
    A friend of mine received the call about a week ago.

- He filled out his list with locations he would be willing to work. He was told they would try to get him one of his choices, but in the end it would come down to the need of the agency. He received his #2 choice which is within 4 hours of his current location.

- He reports to FLETC on March 17th, so I would assume that March class is full at this time.

That is about all I can tell you. He post on here from time to time, so maybe he will pop up.
    CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

Does anyone know if they are taking grades 9/7/5 all together or if they are first assigning grade 9 people to classes first? I'm grade 9 and my offer email said I would be assigned in 2010. I know others who are grade 7 and their email said they would be assigned in 2010-2011.

Comment

I am also a grade 9 waiting to fill out the POD list. The list will come from your mentor and you pick your top 10 locations from the list provided. It seems that the majority of people get a location in their top 10. Calls have gone out for the March class and we probably won't hear anything about April for a few more weeks. There is a very active thread on federalsoup.com.

Comment

When were you notified that you were on the ready list? They waived/postponed the audit for a group of us in the Fall, put us on the ready list, and sent some to FLETC in Jan/Feb and others did not make those classes. Now they are requiring that the full audits be complete before FLETC. I was on the ready list but got pulled because my audit was not complete.

There are several grade 7s and 5s going to FLETC in March. There are a number of 9s that got offers 5+months before the 5/7 group that are still waiting on the audit to be complete.

Originally posted by Tiger99 View Post
          Does anyone know if they are taking grades 9/7/5 all together or if they are first assigning grade 9 people to classes first? I'm grade 9 and my offer email said I would be assigned in 2010. I know others who are grade 7 and their email said they would be assigned in 2010-2011.

Comment

don't know what you mean by the full audit. I have had the pre-employment checks, medical, drug test, preliminary background check, etc.

I was put on the ready list the end of November and took my drug test first week of December.

If you are talking about a tax audit I have not been told by anyone that it must be done before I can be assigned.
            Last edited by Tiger99; 02-19-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BD_View View Post
              When were you notified that you were on the ready list? They waived/postponed the audit for a group of us in the Fall, put us on the ready list, and sent some to FLETC in Jan/Feb and others did not make those classes. Now they are requiring that the full audits be complete before FLETC. I was on the ready list but got pulled because my audit was not complete.

There are several grade 7s and 5s going to FLETC in March. There are a number of 9s that got offers 5+months before the 5/7 group that are still waiting on the audit to be complete.
              The guy I know that is reporting in March said basically what you were mentioning above. His audit was started in November, while those with audits waived were waiting for class assignments. He said that basically he was able to jump some people because his audit was completed in early January while those with waived audits were now having to go back and start the audit process.
              CBPO East Texas
              TO: 3/3/09
              Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
              Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
              Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
              VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
              Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
              BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
              TSU: 8/27/09
              FCRA: 05/19/10
              BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
                A friend of mine received the call about a week ago.

- He filled out his list with locations he would be willing to work. He was told they would try to get him one of his choices, but in the end it would come down to the need of the agency. He received his #2 choice which is within 4 hours of his current location.

- He reports to FLETC on March 17th, so I would assume that March class is full at this time.

That is about all I can tell you. He post on here from time to time, so maybe he will pop up.
                Hey! I know that guy!

Everything so far has been right on the money. CI decided that the audit was not optional after the Jan. and Feb. classes were filled. So, some folks did take a couple steps backwards.

As far as 7's and 9's...I'm a 7, and there are several more of us going in March. I thought higher grades made it to FLETC faster too, but I think that once you make the "ready list" (btw, that term has been thrown out, due to some people being taken off the list...now they call it "name sent to CI for class placement"), it is luck of the draw/based on your POD ranking (meaning they will take whoever wants a POD where they need agents the most).

None of this is fact either....just observations over the past year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7938 users online. 204 members and 7734 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X