300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF86 Questions

I am working on my SF86 and I have few questions which I could not find by using the search function.

1. When I was in college I only worked during the summer when my class load was light. During the school year I classified the time as “other” and listed student under explanation. I also listed the school’s address and number to verify the status. Should I have listed this time as unemployed?

2. Now the directions ask me to put N/A for any box that an answer is not necessary or applicable. I just wanted to make sure this was correct, as I am going to be writing an epic number of N/As.

3. People I know well.

“Do not list individuals who live on military bases as references. Do not list individuals who presently live in your neighborhood or in neighborhoods on the same street/block as you do/did. Do not list previous supervisors, co-workers, or friends who are still employed at the same place.”

Do I understand this correctly that I can not pick two people who work at the same place of employment? Or is it no people from my current job?

Thanks for the help,

1. If you were not working then yes, you should have listed this period as being unemployed. Depending on the type of background investigation, you'll most likely get a chance to clarify this information during your interview not a big deal as the SF-86 is not the easiest form to work with.

2. Yes, follow the directions provided by the SF-86.

3. Yes that is what the directions says, what they really want is for you to list your closest friends, or people that know you the best excluding family members. A lot of people think of references as important people who's opinion "matters" more than others due to their positions/status. It happens all the time, where the references listed on the SF-86 hardly know anything relevant about a person being investigated. You're on the right track just be as detail as possible when completing the SF-86. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I will make those changes.

I still plan on going through it a number of times to make sure everything is in order.

Just another step toward the job I have always wanted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10126 users online. 370 members and 9756 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X