Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statebear
    replied
    The Missouri State Highway Patrol is accepting applications for the following Recruit Classes:

-93rd Recruit Class: Application Deadline-April 2, 2010
    Academy Start Date-January 3, 2011

-94th Recruit Class: Application Deadline-August 29, 2010
    Academy Start Date-July 1, 2011

Apply at:http://www.motrooper.com/

Explore the MSHP at (Requires Abobe Shockwave Plug-in) :http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...s/HRD/MSHP.htm
    Last edited by statebear; 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UD4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
    Recently graduated college and like many Americans looking for a job. Are there any state police agencies hiring???
    As other stated, you need to do some personal research.

Where do you want to live?
    Highway patrol or full service? Mix of both?

As you know, many states are having financial issues but there are some still hiring.

Someone else mentioned CHP, they have incredible pay and most importantly are funded via vehicle registration fee and not straight tax revenue.

Back east there are some still places looking for new Troops. OH, MD, VT, DE, GA, and NC. I am pretty sure thats still accurate, best of luck in your Trooper dreams.
    Last edited by UD4LIFE; 02-17-2010, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigTpr
    replied
    After reading all of this, I'm somewhat ashamed of being a Trooper. A person needed help, and folks just started giving him problems. That's crazy! @173rd_the_Herd, sorry you had to go through that. My fellow road dogs aren't like that, and most Troopers aren't!

Leave a comment:

• 173rd_the_Herd
    replied
    Ok I'm done here, to all of you that were helpful thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nick331
    replied
    Dude let it go! By the way I was airborne Infantry with 2 combat tours, I am full capable of knowing how to handle myself in the academy without your help.
    But you come here asking for help? Hypocrite!

Leave a comment:

• 173rd_the_Herd
    replied
    Originally posted by memphis PO PO View Post
    Actually, JohnnyLawman38 gave you some helpful websites to go to also. No matter what you read on any LE forum board you do still need to verify any info by going to the agency websites. He didn't tell you to google just "hiring" he suggested you use google to direct you to the individual states websites to find out if they are hiring. They would know better, and be more trustworthy than a website screen name, as some people might just be your competition and withhold or mislead info. Doing a proper search on your own will also build up your investigative and fact finding skills, if you want to be in LE. Also, you did have an attitude. You will never make it through any academy with it, not ever. Your attitude came about when you responded to his post. If you did not like what he said then the correct response would have been something like this: "Thank you for your feedback, but I was asking to see if there are any members of the board with specific first hand information (current officers or recruiters) about state police hiring. I think getting first hand info would serve my needs and time management better than visiting the individual sites at this time." There, that is how to be polite and not have an attitude. If you are ever in an academy an the same situation occurs the correct response will be: " YES SIR (or MA'AM) YOU ARE CORRECT. I WILL GO UN#$%& MYSELF NOW!
    Dude let it go! By the way I was airborne Infantry with 2 combat tours, I am full capable of knowing how to handle myself in the academy without your help.

Leave a comment:

• memphis PO PO
    replied
    Actually, JohnnyLawman38 gave you some helpful websites to go to also. No matter what you read on any LE forum board you do still need to verify any info by going to the agency websites. He didn't tell you to google just "hiring" he suggested you use google to direct you to the individual states websites to find out if they are hiring. They would know better, and be more trustworthy than a website screen name, as some people might just be your competition and withhold or mislead info. Doing a proper search on your own will also build up your investigative and fact finding skills, if you want to be in LE. Also, you did have an attitude. You will never make it through any academy with it, not ever. Your attitude came about when you responded to his post. If you did not like what he said then the correct response would have been something like this: "Thank you for your feedback, but I was asking to see if there are any members of the board with specific first hand information (current officers or recruiters) about state police hiring. I think getting first hand info would serve my needs and time management better than visiting the individual sites at this time." There, that is how to be polite and not have an attitude. If you are ever in an academy an the same situation occurs the correct response will be: " YES SIR (or MA'AM) YOU ARE CORRECT. I WILL GO UN#$%& MYSELF NOW!

Leave a comment:

• criminalarrest
    replied
    [QUOTE=MiGuy;2213225]
    Originally posted by criminalarrest View Post

BUT... That depends on whether or not Puerto Rico State Police is considered. Technically not a state but a territory. But, they do have a State Police and they are covered under our LEOSA (HR218)... Hope you know spanish to get through the website!
    Hmmm...good one! Hablo solo un poco espanol!

Leave a comment:

• MiGuy
    replied
    [QUOTE=criminalarrest;2213194]
    I'll just google 50 different agencies.... That's why I posted this.[/QUOTE

Good news...there are only 49 to Google. Hawaii doesn't have a state police. Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.
    BUT... That depends on whether or not Puerto Rico State Police is considered. Technically not a state but a territory. But, they do have a State Police and they are covered under our LEOSA (HR218)... Hope you know spanish to get through the website!

Leave a comment:

• criminalarrest
    replied
    [QUOTE=173rd_the_Herd;2208153]I'll just google 50 different agencies.... That's why I posted this.[/QUOTE

Good news...there are only 49 to Google. Hawaii doesn't have a state police. Sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Nick331
    replied
    Well I apologize if you think I have an attitude, just seeing if someone knows something I cant find. If youve noticed some of the stuff people posted from finding it on google isnt exactly accurate. Thats why I'm asking on this site, again sorry if you think I have an attitude, GO CAROLINA!!!
    Right, but who better to get information from than the actual agencies site that will 99 times out of 100 be the first link on google. Best of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• 173rd_the_Herd
    replied
    Originally posted by PL07 View Post
    Seeing idiotic posts from people who can't google something is a pet peeve of everyone on this site. As several people have said on this thread, you are the one with the attitude.
    Well I apologize if you think I have an attitude, just seeing if someone knows something I cant find. If youve noticed some of the stuff people posted from finding it on google isnt exactly accurate. Thats why I'm asking on this site, again sorry if you think I have an attitude, GO CAROLINA!!!

Leave a comment:

• PL07
    replied
    Seeing idiotic posts from people who can't google something is a pet peeve of everyone on this site. As several people have said on this thread, you are the one with the attitude.

Leave a comment:

• 173rd_the_Herd
    replied
    Originally posted by PL07 View Post
    Or your just lazy with an attitude. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.
    Yes, Im apparently the one with the attitude. Almost everyone on this thread has gave helpful suggestions. The whole point of this site more specifically is LE employment and to get questions answered or advice from peolple in LE if you dont like the thread, then don't post anything.

Leave a comment:

• PL07
    replied
    Or your just lazy with an attitude. Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9914 users online. 376 members and 9538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X