300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State police/ Highway patrol.....

Recently graduated college and like many Americans looking for a job. Are there any state police agencies hiring???

google the different agencies and check out their employment/recruiting portion...most sites should tell you if they are actively hiring. Check out other law enforcement related sites such as 911jobs.com, ihirelawenforcement.com, etc.
    ICE SA

Test: July 2009
    NOR: Sept 2009
    Interview: Nov 2009
    NOR: Dec 30, 2010
    TO: Jan 3, 2011
    Medical: Jan 14, 2011
    Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
    Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
    Met with BI: March 9, 2011
    BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

I'll just google 50 different agencies.... That's why I posted this.

Comment

Texas Department of Public Safety is hiring.

www.txdps.state.tx.us

Comment

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/recruit.htm
          Different stages with different agencies...

Comment

Missouri State Patrol

We are currently recruiting for our 93rd recruit class. Not sure what part of Illinois you are in, but we are administering the written exam at Western Illinois University on February 27th.

Comment

You guys are awesome, thanks. I actually like the sound of Texas. Would be interested in Ohio, but they told me I have to meet with a recruiter be fir I can submit an app. I love in Illinois, you figure more agencies would welcome more out state applicants.

Comment

California

CHP is always hiring. It's a huge agency and even though they've cut back on new recruits lately, they're still trickling out of the academy. CHP has a huge territory and range of patrol environments and the pay is good (about $5500/mo base out of the academy) They get any number of pay enhancements too including like a 5% for "lunch pay". All told, you'll be making $90,000 plus within a few years. With the state running the deficit it has, I don't know how that flies, but it's great for the officers.
                Timeline:
                3/2002: Phase I - Passed
                7/2007: Phase II - Fail
                12/2009: Phase II - Passed
                12/2009: PFT I - 14
                5/2010: PFT II - 17
                6/2010: Final Offer NAT 10-16

Comment

Originally posted by Robotdevil View Post
                  CHP is always hiring. It's a huge agency and even though they've cut back on new recruits lately, they're still trickling out of the academy. CHP has a huge territory and range of patrol environments and the pay is good (about $5500/mo base out of the academy) They get any number of pay enhancements too including like a 5% for "lunch pay". All told, you'll be making $90,000 plus within a few years. With the state running the deficit it has, I don't know how that flies, but it's great for the officers.
                  Sounds good but flying out there for multiple tests could be costly to me. Thanks again you guys are a big help!

Comment

South Dakota is taking apps right now. Minnesota says they are going to start taking apps in March. Colorado says they are going to take apps in March. Alaska seems to always be taking apps. Oregon was taking apps for a long time and may still be, but not sure. I think Wyoming was too not to long ago, but not sure if they still are. Illinois is testing right now, but not sure when they are planning the next academy. When I'm bored I just pull up a map and any state I'd consider living in I Google and check out. It doesn't take that long to do.

Comment

criminalarrest,
                      what state are you a troop in?
                      amson

Comment

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                        Yea because that is difficult....don't want a job too bad I guess.
                        ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                        NOR: Sept 2009
                        Interview: Nov 2009
                        NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                        TO: Jan 3, 2011
                        Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                        Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                        Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                        Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                        BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                          Need a better attitude for this job.

Comment

Originally posted by milcop88 View Post
                            criminalarrest,
                            what state are you a troop in?
                            IA. PM sent
                            Last edited by criminalarrest; 02-10-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick331 View Post
                              Need a better attitude for this job.
                              Yeah you're right, I should not take advantage of this website loaded with information, and just take the time to google 50 states that say their hiring when there not. It was more of a specific question, do you know who is hiring?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8867 users online. 452 members and 8415 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X