X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by buffb27 View Post
    I got referred to the selecting official, anyone else? It does say that I may or may not be called for an interview so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    For security guard or police officer?

Leave a comment:

• buffb27
    replied
    I got referred to the selecting official, anyone else? It does say that I may or may not be called for an interview so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt JeeP
    replied
    Training....

Looks like they are training is all.

Try the Wackenhut Oak Ridge website too. They have the same sort of 'teams' protecting things as well. Pretty good training necessitating a real last line of defense mentality. Not federal, but pays well, excellent rotations (days off) and benefits. Not to mention one of the highest clearances required.

These guys as well as the BOR and other CIKR programs have annual competition out west, sorta like the Orlando SWAT Roundup.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLine
    replied
    Is it just me, or do those guys look like they're not wearing any body armor? Looks kind of odd to be "reacting" to any kind of threat with an M-4 and no vest.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post
    Not the media, it is on DOI website.

http://olesem.doi.gov/jobs/fields/borsecurityguard.html
    Ah. Assumed it was the local media since there was no link posted orginally.....

Leave a comment:

• USMC0844
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    The police only operate at Hoover Dam.
    That would make sense.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post

I can see the need to protect such structures. Just seemed odd that a)the security guards were so heavily armed when they have a police force and b) that the same position would be unarmed at other sites.
    The police only operate at Hoover Dam.

Leave a comment:

• USMC0844
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    But, thats the media for you.....

I can see the need to protect such structures. Just seemed odd that a)the security guards were so heavily armed when they have a police force and b) that the same position would be unarmed at other sites.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Ever put in for that 1811 job @ DeRussy?
    Yeap....and there office is actually on Pearl.....and official hate DLA now....

Bastards said I didn't send in my 214. It was uploaded to their web site years ago.....they just didn't look. When I pointed it out to them (3 weeks later when I got the email that I wasn't selected) via a phone and got a opps.... Too late as they have already interviewed and selected who they want.... FU and have a nice day..... Didn't even get a reach around on it....

There is a job out here and in Iowa about to come open due to the guys in the position now being nominated to some posts.... I want the one out here bad.....real bad. I know the guy there now, so that should help...... Also in the running for a AF IG job out here and a FEMA job... Both 13/14 jobs...

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    I guess I need to pay attention more... I've just been looking for my own crap.... mainly out here....
    Ever put in for that 1811 job @ DeRussy?

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    The announcement for 0083 is closing in a few days. The 0085 is in a few places.
    I guess I need to pay attention more... I've just been looking for my own crap.... mainly out here....

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Ah....I was just blaming it on the media for calling them Guards...... which is a big pet peeve of mine. Ask before you print......

I hadn't seen any 0085 ads there....but I don't look at those a lot usually....All I have seen was 0083.....
    The announcement for 0083 is closing in a few days. The 0085 is in a few places.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    BOR has both Security guards and police officers. They also have 1811's. I think the 1811's do a majority of the investigations outside of the Hoover Dam region.
    Ah....I was just blaming it on the media for calling them Guards...... which is a big pet peeve of mine. Ask before you print......

I hadn't seen any 0085 ads there....but I don't look at those a lot usually....All I have seen was 0083.....

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    C. I think that's a typo....I do believe they are 0083 Police Officers just like at Hoover Damn.....not Security Guards.... But, thats the media for you.....
    BOR has both Security guards and police officers. They also have 1811's. I think the 1811's do a majority of the investigations outside of the Hoover Dam region.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    A. It is the largest electric power-producing facility, the largest concrete structure and the fifth largest producer of hydroelectricity in the world.....

B. With above in mind...it would be CIKR....aka a Critical Infrastructure and Key Resource.....meaning it needs protected or millions of folks are screwed if it's jacked with or comes down.....

C. I think that's a typo....I do believe they are 0083 Police Officers just like at Hoover Damn.....not Security Guards.... But, thats the media for you.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8617 users online. 171 members and 8446 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X