300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOI BOR Security Guards...

What the heck is the deal with the security guards at Grand Coulee and why are they armed to gills like a react force? Is there any reason they are the only armed? Just seem odd since they also have a police force.The below picture is on their website.

Reclamation armed Security Guard positions are located at Grand Coulee Dam in Washington State, and unarmed Security Guard positions are located at Hoover Dam on the Nevada / Arizona border and Shasta Dam in California.

CBPO East Texas
    TO: 3/3/09
    Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
    Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
    Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
    VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
    Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
    Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
    BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
    TSU: 8/27/09
    FCRA: 05/19/10
    BI Update: 6/16/10

A. It is the largest electric power-producing facility, the largest concrete structure and the fifth largest producer of hydroelectricity in the world.....

B. With above in mind...it would be CIKR....aka a Critical Infrastructure and Key Resource.....meaning it needs protected or millions of folks are screwed if it's jacked with or comes down.....

C. I think that's a typo....I do believe they are 0083 Police Officers just like at Hoover Damn.....not Security Guards.... But, thats the media for you.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      C. I think that's a typo....I do believe they are 0083 Police Officers just like at Hoover Damn.....not Security Guards.... But, thats the media for you.....
      BOR has both Security guards and police officers. They also have 1811's. I think the 1811's do a majority of the investigations outside of the Hoover Dam region.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        BOR has both Security guards and police officers. They also have 1811's. I think the 1811's do a majority of the investigations outside of the Hoover Dam region.
        Ah....I was just blaming it on the media for calling them Guards...... which is a big pet peeve of mine. Ask before you print......

I hadn't seen any 0085 ads there....but I don't look at those a lot usually....All I have seen was 0083.....

Comment

Ah....I was just blaming it on the media for calling them Guards...... which is a big pet peeve of mine. Ask before you print......

I hadn't seen any 0085 ads there....but I don't look at those a lot usually....All I have seen was 0083.....
          The announcement for 0083 is closing in a few days. The 0085 is in a few places.

Comment

The announcement for 0083 is closing in a few days. The 0085 is in a few places.
            I guess I need to pay attention more... I've just been looking for my own crap.... mainly out here....

Comment

I guess I need to pay attention more... I've just been looking for my own crap.... mainly out here....
              Ever put in for that 1811 job @ DeRussy?

Comment

Ever put in for that 1811 job @ DeRussy?
                Yeap....and there office is actually on Pearl.....and official hate DLA now....

Bastards said I didn't send in my 214. It was uploaded to their web site years ago.....they just didn't look. When I pointed it out to them (3 weeks later when I got the email that I wasn't selected) via a phone and got a opps.... Too late as they have already interviewed and selected who they want.... FU and have a nice day..... Didn't even get a reach around on it....

There is a job out here and in Iowa about to come open due to the guys in the position now being nominated to some posts.... I want the one out here bad.....real bad. I know the guy there now, so that should help...... Also in the running for a AF IG job out here and a FEMA job... Both 13/14 jobs...

Comment

But, thats the media for you.....
                  Not the media, it is on DOI website.

http://olesem.doi.gov/jobs/fields/borsecurityguard.html

I can see the need to protect such structures. Just seemed odd that a)the security guards were so heavily armed when they have a police force and b) that the same position would be unarmed at other sites.
                  CBPO East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post

I can see the need to protect such structures. Just seemed odd that a)the security guards were so heavily armed when they have a police force and b) that the same position would be unarmed at other sites.
                    The police only operate at Hoover Dam.

Comment

The police only operate at Hoover Dam.
                      That would make sense.
                      CBPO East Texas

Comment

Originally posted by USMC0844 View Post

Ah. Assumed it was the local media since there was no link posted orginally.....

Comment

Is it just me, or do those guys look like they're not wearing any body armor? Looks kind of odd to be "reacting" to any kind of threat with an M-4 and no vest.
                          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Training....

Looks like they are training is all.

Try the Wackenhut Oak Ridge website too. They have the same sort of 'teams' protecting things as well. Pretty good training necessitating a real last line of defense mentality. Not federal, but pays well, excellent rotations (days off) and benefits. Not to mention one of the highest clearances required.

These guys as well as the BOR and other CIKR programs have annual competition out west, sorta like the Orlando SWAT Roundup.

Comment

I got referred to the selecting official, anyone else? It does say that I may or may not be called for an interview so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10762 users online. 383 members and 10379 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X