300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshals / Not Region Specific

Is it just me or is the US Marshals currently not hiring, according to their website there recruiting drive is closed...? Where are you seeing that they are accepting applications in certain regions, I thought it was all or nothing. Also, if you are currently a US Marshal, or know one and how there schedule truly works please post or private message me. I am really interested in doing it, have 5 1/2 years of municipal law enforcement experience (I know, I didnt take the time to show these things on my profile), and have a Bachelors degree. Does the pay scale jump up quick, and do you have much of a choice of where you get stationed, i.e. i dont want to end up on the east coast. Also.... any thoughts on the Air Marshal, i havnt heard to many good things lately, but thats why i want to get the REAL inside scoop.

We're not hiring right now, probably won't be for another year. When we do hire, you may be able to pick a region, a group of states where you want to apply for, but you will go where they need you. Pay scale jumps up ever year until you hit your 12 then it goes by steps. Schedule varies from District to District. But normal day is 0830 - 1700, weekends and holidays off. But it's LE and schedules really don't exist. All your questions can be answered at many of the USMS threads.

As for the Air Marshals, I can't say many good things about them except for the people I worked with. Just like most, I enjoyed the first couple of months I was there, but management quickly ruins that excitement. Travel was good, pay was great, but the rest ruined them. Stay safe out there.

Comment

Deputy U.S. Marshals and Federal Air Marshals are two completely different positions. The USMS falls under DOJ and FAMS are under DHS. SOrry to tell you but the USMS just finished their recruitment for numerous regions through out the U.S. No one knows when the next hiring initiative will be, but it will most likely be a while before they hire again. In regards to your questions about the position it self, there are numerous USMS threads on this site where that info. has been discuss in depth. Keep checking the USMS for future opportunities and good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, its something to look into for the future it sounds like..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3900 users online. 192 members and 3708 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X