Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoliKenpo Lifesaver. That fixed it for me. Thank you!

Comment

• For those that applied to the most recent job announcement - Do you get to select field offices you’re interested in during the initial application?

Comment

• SeattleApp19
        SeattleApp19 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe so. You can also change your selection at any time by emailing [email protected].

• SthnFed
        SthnFed commented
        Editing a comment
        The announcement listed the regional AORs with respective sub-offices and it allowed you to select 3 preferred locations.

• This is my second application with the USPIS. My first app I was offered the position but already at FLETC with another agency so I declined. This application I am coming over as an 1811 transfer so I hope the transition/process is smooth. But we shall see.

Good luck to everyone in the fight.

Comment

• Pastelon
        Pastelon commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you share how long did the whole process took approximately? Ty

• SuccessfulVibes
        SuccessfulVibes commented
        Editing a comment
        Pastelon I applied in early 2017 and was not offered an academy date until late 2019. That was all prior to COVID. I can only imagine the duration of the process now. It’s all good. “Trust the Process”. :-)

• Pastelon
        Pastelon commented
        Editing a comment
        Got ya, hopefully it's shorter this tine around. GL

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        SuccessfulVibes I'm in the same boat. Did your portal profile disappear as well?

• Just got an email from my college stating my transcript was received by USPIS. Moving along pretty well.

Comment

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the opposite email.....

• InsideScoop
        InsideScoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Do they ask for your official college transcripts or do unofficial work as well?

• RetiredVet19
        RetiredVet19 commented
        Editing a comment
        has to be official from the college

• LightRoast
        LightRoast commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I was surprised it has to be e-mailed from the college/ university. I have my officials photocopied to my hard drive. I graduated over 10 years ago.

• Has anyone completed step 5 appointments yet? or received an email regarding step 5? My portal shows check marks in all sections up to eCap

Comment

• smokeybear83
        smokeybear83 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet, hopefully soon after they close the announcement.
        Last edited by smokeybear83; 07-14-2022, 06:36 PM.

• SthnFed
        SthnFed commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing either on my end. I could be wrong, but I am thinking the invites to the appointment/IE would come out next month. The announcement closes tomorrow and I'm sure they're sitll reviewing eCAP submissions and waiting to receive/review transcripts, etc.

• I was able to get the technical issues with the part 1 exam sorted out. Working on eCAP now.

Comment

• My transcripts were mailer by my school last Thursday, and I still haven't received word about them being received. Starting to get nervous...

Comment

• Lunytunezpr
        Lunytunezpr commented
        Editing a comment
        I got mine sent electronically. They opened it the very next day and I got notification they opened it.

• Lot of good information on this thread but it's old and tough to navigate at this point. Is anyone interested in a Telegram or Signal chat group for applicants to this announcement specifically?

Comment

• Tanalynn11
        Tanalynn11 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interested

• Theout
        Theout commented
        Editing a comment
        Interested, por favor

• m.otero16
        m.otero16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm interested

• brackish
        brackish commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I get an invite too please?

• Can someone confirm my level of stupidity?

Was this open to the public or 1811 only?

Comment

• dark321
        dark321 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry if you missed it I wouldn't expect another one for a while. They blasted it everywhere possible and must have gotten a lot of applicants.

• lunatico86
        lunatico86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nvm……………..
        Last edited by lunatico86; 07-16-2022, 02:45 PM.

• Fedfun
        Fedfun commented
        Editing a comment
        Both 10 characters

• redstoneboy
        redstoneboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I filled it out and it said I was “ineligible” for marking No kn the 1811 question. I guess that was an error on me?

• I know that current 1811s get fast tracked. Does anyone know if a prior 1811, not currently working as an 1811, have to attend BIT if they already have CITP training?

Comment

• DoubleHaul
        DoubleHaul commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a PM.

• SuccessfulVibes
        SuccessfulVibes commented
        Editing a comment
        DoubleHaul can you PM me too with any Intel? I’m a current 1811 hoping to get on that fast track as well

• After taking Exam 1, do you find out immediately if you passed?

Comment

• Theout
        Theout commented
        Editing a comment
        Ecap link gets sent if you pass ( instantly )
        Last edited by Theout; 07-20-2022, 10:07 AM.

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that.

• Anyone hear/know anything yet?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet. finished E-Cap and received confirmation that they got my transcripts

• newyorkmets2018
        newyorkmets2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who confirmed they received your transcript ?

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Still nothing....

• Hello everyone, does anyone know how long the AC is good for? I took it last September and passed. Also i noticed the application stated they may provide moving expenses and no mention of coming over just as a isle 10. I wonder if this is a change. Any info helps. Thank you so much.

Comment

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good questions. I believe they are just bringing those who are not already 1811s as a 10-1 with no "LEAP" until you graduate BIT. Also during BIT you will not receive COLA.

Other agencies give you LEAP and some form of COLA during the basic training portion. FBI gives you DC COLA and LEAP during training which makes sense considering you will be in the DC area for about 20 weeks and you aren't assigned to an office until you are about 1/4th of the way through the academy. HSI gives you LEAP and whatever COLA your assigned office is under.

Postal Inspectors start you off as a 10-1, then 11, then 12, then 12-2, then 13.

FBI starts at a 10 (step 1-10 depending on your previous experience), then 10 again, then 11, then 12, then 12, then 13.

HSI starts you off within the range of GL 7-9 (steps depend on previous GOVERNMENT experience). From there you progress to the next GS level every year until you journey out at 13.

I think the AC is good for two years.

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        You DO get locality pay while at BIT and since it’s the DC area it’s a pretty nice amount. The only other slight correction I will make is it goes 10.1, 11.2, 12.1, 12.2, then 13.
        My AC was good for 2 years, not sure if that was due to Covid or not. Others that hit the 2 year mark had to retake the polygraph.
        They will pay for your first move if you have to relocate for the job. They do not pay for moves after.

• Achiever1911
        Achiever1911 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mtn hkr Thanks for the correction. Back in 2020 they paid RUS COLA during BIT. Also, do they still have a 2 year probationary period?

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, still 2 years probation unless you have previous time with postal or military (1 year probation).

• Still no email stating my transcripts were received. My college stated they sent it around July 12....

Comment

• newyorkmets2018
        newyorkmets2018 commented
        Editing a comment
        Email that recruitment email with your name and DOB and ask. They got back to me in minutes.

• m.otero16
        m.otero16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just emailed the recruiting email and received a response in less than 10 minutes that they have my transcripts.

• I heard there were 7,000 applicants and 800 of those were 1811’s. Anyone hear similar numbers? Sit back and wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3526 users online. 237 members and 3289 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X