300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Postal Inspector timeline:

Online Application & Online Postal Inspector Entrance Exam (Part 1) February 2017

ECAP submitted June 2017

Information Exchange & Online Postal Inspector Entrance Exam (Part 2) August 2018

Assessment Center November 2018 (3/6 passed the AC, 2/3 of us passed our polygraph the next day, that one other gent took an 1811 gig elsewhere)

Polygraph Exam #1 November 2018

Conditional Offer Letter #1 02/29/2020

———————-COVID-19—————————

Conditional Offer Letter #2 June 2021

Polygraph Exam #2 (Refresher) July 2nd, 2021

Final Appointment Letter July 5th, 2021

BIT August 2021

Initial and Final Location: Chicago Metro (My hometown)

About me: Bilingual CBP Officer for almost 10 years now (Native Spanish). Majored in Finance, Minored in Psych. Hope this info helps. Keep your eyes peeled for any correspondence from the recruitment center and just carry on as if it will takes years because it did for me. I ended up turning down HSI (Calexico) during this time of waiting with no regrets. Not the most important thing in life so try to do what’s best for you and your family. Best of luck to all and God bless!
    Last edited by Posted Up; 08-04-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Posted Up
      Posted Up commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! USPIS has purchased my ticket to Maryland so I think we’ll be okay for August BIT
      Last edited by Posted Up; 08-04-2021, 11:41 AM.

• Peacemaker54
      Peacemaker54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Your patience is impeccable…why do you think it took so long between your poly#1 and your first conditional job offer #1?

• Cbpo443
      Cbpo443 commented
      Editing a comment
      Question for you brother, you did 10 years as a CBPO I am guessing they didn't pay match? I'm going through that dilemma now.

• Posted Up
      Posted Up commented
      Editing a comment
      Peacemaker - USPIS HR thought I had aged out (they didn’t realize that CBP LE 12D retirement is treated the same as 6C)

Cbpo443 - Upon graduating a 10-1 with LEAP is $84K (so a bit of a drop from my 12-5 at $97k but not catastrophic)

• Anyone have any suggestions for a packing list for BIT?
    Last edited by Posted Up; 08-03-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Just received an invite for a Information Exchange. Applied years ago and haven't heard anything since submitting. Now to find the required fingerprint cards from years ago. Hmmm....

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Years like what? 2019? 2015? lol

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, 2.5 years.

• August BIT is still happening as of this morning, FYI. I called the hiring center and was told that we can expect our signed appointment letters and a welcome packet in the mail soon.

Comment

• agent823
        agent823 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received my welcome package yesterday.

• Posted Up
        Posted Up commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome, got mine in the mail this afternoon

• For those still waiting, it looks like things are still (slowly) moving. I applied in January 2019 and did info session / testing in September 2019. Heard nothing for two years until today when I got an email invite for assessment center.

In those two years I applied to another agency, got hired, and am nearly done with FLETC training.

Comment

• Good luck to the Bit class starting today. See some of you in December

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha hoping for all to make it through.

• My Postal Inspector Timeline:

Online Application & Exam 1 - 1/28/2019

eCAP submitted - 1/31/2019

eQIP submitted - 5/24/2019

Received fingerprint cards - 6/27/2019

Information Exchange & Exam 2 - 9/20/2019

Assessment Center - 8/23/2021

Polygraph Exam - 8/24/2021
        Last edited by Eazy-Duz-It; 08-24-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Peacemaker54
          Peacemaker54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on the success today and yesterday. Where are you applying from and applying to as your #1 choice?

• Eazy-Duz-It
          Eazy-Duz-It commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm applying from Georgia and applying to Georgia as my #1 spot. I'm a little iffy on how my polygraph went.......just have to wait and see what happens

• CStoffel
          CStoffel commented
          Editing a comment
          How did your assessment go, have you heard anything yet on if you passed.

• Eazy-Duz-It
          Eazy-Duz-It commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm still waiting to hear about my polygraph results

• For anyone scheduled for the assessment or for the next BIT, have they said if we are required to have the vaccine?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Current BIT class is required to be vaccinated, so my guess would be the next class will be too.

• Anyone apply to the position through the lateral opening this past June?
        Last edited by SuperTroopers08; 08-20-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          Error made by user
          Last edited by Fedfun; 09-07-2021, 08:09 PM.

• Well it’s been a stressful 2.5 years but I think I am out: took a poly two months ago near home, but haven’t heard anything since. Looked at my applicant portal tonight and all the green check marks have been reset and all my progress has disappeared. Only thing it shows is the application link but says it doesn’t work outside a closed season. Good luck to everyone else going to BIT and still in the process.

Comment

• RC168
          RC168 commented
          Editing a comment
          I seem to be in the same boat. I did my AC/Poly a few weeks ago in Potomac and haven’t heard anything since. I logged into the portal yesterday and mine is reset just like yours. Not sure what to think at this point, but I’m not feeling optimistic after seeing that. I applied in January 2019 so it has been a long road for me as well.

• Eazy-Duz-It
          Eazy-Duz-It commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat as you guys. I had my polygraph last week and mine is reset as well. On to the next I guess.
          Last edited by Eazy-Duz-It; 09-01-2021, 03:59 PM.

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t base it on the portal. They’re constantly updating things, it doesn’t always mean anything. It takes weeks to months before you hear from them again. Don’t stress.

• I turned down an offer in February 2020 on the brink of the pandemic, which would have been for the April 2020 class that ended up getting cancelled. Yesterday, I got an email asking if I wished to remain active in the pool. I mention this because I think it's another sign to all of us that things seem to be really moving again behind the scenes.

Comment

• Lonestar001
          Lonestar001 commented
          Editing a comment
          I received that same email on Monday and took it as a positive sign.

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          From the talk I’ve heard around here at BIT they’re planning on a January class and subsequent classes. Typically they’re January, April and August. Stay in shape and be prepared.

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense

• Are there any non 1811s that have seen movement? Do we know if/when they’re going to continue with those applicants?

Comment

• Anyone know the chances of getting your top 2 locations? Do you for sure find out your assignment before you go to the academy?

Comment

• Fedfun
            Fedfun commented
            Editing a comment
            You will be offered the job with the location

• Contacted this morning and scheduled for the Assessment Center. Non 1811

1/28/19 Applied
          6/7/19 eQip
          1/28/20 Information Exchange & assessment
          9/10/21 Scheduled for assessment center

Comment

• To those who have been to the assessment or are in the area, what’s the best way to get from DC airport to Potomac Maryland?

Comment

• Balco42
              Balco42 commented
              Editing a comment
              I flew into Reagan National, took the Metro (Yellow Line to Gallery Place, Red Line to Bethesda) then used Uber from there. This way takes the longest (~1 hour), but is the most affordable at around $20. Depending on traffic/time of day, it may be a good option.

Returning to the airport, I used a cab. Traffic wasn't bad, so it was an easy 25-30 minute trip. The fare was around $50.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4326 users online. 258 members and 4068 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X