Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will leave this here for you. At least in small offices where you do a little of everything, when you’re offer letter says this is a 24/7 job. It’s not an exaggeration and should not be taken as such. I’ve had to give up some weekends and nights as well as put in 16+ hour days. It has been fulfilling work though. It has been real high speed stuff that I signed up for and gladly work those extra hours (though I do complain about it at the time lol). If you have a wife, kids, and value your set schedule please consider that before you take the offer. I can’t stress that (24/7) enough. They will work you.
    Last edited by MajorFraudGuy; 06-25-2021, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Fedfun
      Fedfun commented
      Editing a comment
      And some offices you will be accountable for all 10 hrs a day...the more you know....fun out

• Fun, any word in the mythical new LEAP policy that was supposed to come out regarding that?

Comment

• Peacemaker54
      Peacemaker54 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s kind of cool. What’s the LEAP rumor?

• Peacemaker54
      Peacemaker54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t tell if your trolling or not lol I can’t find any photo, press release, or anything on any websites regarding new badges.

• Crashhorizon
      Crashhorizon commented
      Editing a comment
      Not trolling if you can’t find the inspector badge look up Postal OIG badge it is pretty much the same but has federal agent on it

• Fedfun
      Fedfun commented
      Editing a comment
      Rumor mill has it working a mandatory 10 hr day will go by the wayside....disclaimer alert may be in black and white next month, new badges allegedly in play start of next calendar year
      Last edited by Fedfun; 06-30-2021, 04:57 PM.

• New badges have been in the works for sometime now. I think since last year. And LEAP is going by the wayside. I heard effective this month but you know how slow the government moves.

Comment

• 2GunJR
      2GunJR commented
      Editing a comment
      It will be availability pay. It is the way they calculate the work hours. 8 work hrs and 2 available hrs. You will still get the leap. Sorry for the confusion

• Peacemaker54
      Peacemaker54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh! Ok! Whew!! Haha this is what I thought you all meant. So it’s getting BETTER. Nice!

• 2GunJR
      2GunJR commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Yeah. It was suppose to happen this last pay period but you know who the gov moves.

• Fedfun
      Fedfun commented
      Editing a comment
      Leap will be not be required to be "a 10 hr work day" starting oct 1st lol maybe. Just rumor not gospel

• Hey everyone, does anyone have any word or indication on the next Class after the upcoming one in August?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
      Mtn hkr commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know anything officially yet, but in the past the next class would be in January.

• Well finally headed to the AC after three years in this process. Changed my office preference and bam got scheduled haha. Are their any inspectors located in Phoenix willing to chat a little bit? Current Fed LEO and have some questions.

Comment

• Anyone have any info on when the next public hiring announcement for this might be? Really interested in this agency.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

2/19 Applicant
        4/19 fingerprints
        9/19 2nd examination to include a writing test
        8/21 scheduled for in box assesment, group assesment, and panel interview

Could anyone provide with some tips on how to prepare for the in box assesment and the group assesment. I do not have any experience as a fed agent. I am a contractor. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly there’s really no way to prepare for it. You either know it or you don’t. It’s not that bad though. Good luck!

• Ice2017dec
          Ice2017dec commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to hear someone from 2019 finally hear something.

• Elpunkguy
          Elpunkguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I will let you know how it went!

• I hope the next month's class is not pushed again because of that delta variant.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure how that would work. They’ve told us all we can notify our employers, so they’d probably be responsible for employing us somehow. And requiring us all to be vaccinated is helpful.
          95% of those with the delta variant are unvaccinated people.
          Last edited by Mtn hkr; 07-22-2021, 02:16 PM. Reason: Typo

• socalpdcadet
          socalpdcadet commented
          Editing a comment
          Are they really requiring everyone to get vaccinated in order to attend the academy?

• Looks like 3 classes slated for bit next year. Hang in there all

Comment

• Peacemaker54
          Peacemaker54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! Any dates?

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah enlighten us. I haven’t heard of class dates being released.

• Fedfun
          Fedfun commented
          Editing a comment
          Beginning of year, spring and then late summer from what i can glean. Just rumors and not confirmed for all you legal types.

• I came across the "Official USPIS Podcast" for those of you interested. It is definitely geared towards applicants:

https://www.specialagents.org/1811-misc-stuff

-SA Blog

Comment

• I was offered a spot in the August class out of nowhere. I thought I was out of the running for this a long time ago as it's been radio silence since...2017? I forget exactly but it's been a long while. I ended up deferring as the location wasn't a place that I could make work currently. Good luck to those heading to the academy next month though!

Comment

• Achiever1911
            Achiever1911 commented
            Editing a comment
            The same happened to me.

• Peacemaker54
            Peacemaker54 commented
            Editing a comment
            What areas were you both applying to and applying from??

• Lonestar001
            Lonestar001 commented
            Editing a comment
            Random question to be offered BIT so late. Did you already complete the background investigation or do they start that upon accepting a class? I already have a clearance but I’ve read that they still do their own.

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Lonestar001 Most of your background is completed throughout the process. By the time you get a call, they’re only doing the field interviews for the most part.

• Peacemaker54 I was initially offered New Orleans and then they offered me Minneapolis.

Comment

• Hey all - keep on the lookout with your emails - I was just contacted for the assessment center for September. Unfortunately I’m already at FLETC with another agency so I had to turn it down. Good luck all

Comment

• Has anyone else done a poly lately and are waiting or already have an invite for the MI? I’m (im)patiently waiting for my MI call/email lol

Comment

• Hey everyone, I just passed my AC at Bolger but am awaiting the Poly and MI. Does anyone have any idea, on the lead times on these two? Thanks!

Comment

• Peacemaker54
                  Peacemaker54 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Poly should be set up fairly quick: they usually do the poly at the AC. So if you couldn’t get it done there, they should schedule it relatively quick (1-2 months from your AC). The MI is a crap shoot: some people get their invite the week after the AC, others can wait months before theirs. Where are you applying to/out of? That could be a factor

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4656 users online. 298 members and 4358 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X