Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a recruiter in the Central Florida area? Also, does anyone know when they are expecting to have openings?

Comment

• Got my firm and final offer with a start date (1811 lateral). Really stoked. Keep your heads up guys who have had reference checks. Keep positive its coming!
      Last edited by MajorFraudGuy; 01-13-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by m.otero16 View Post
        Does anyone know a recruiter in the Central Florida area? Also, does anyone know when they are expecting to have openings?
        One would think a few more laterals will come open to fill the gap if that's what you are looking for? The recruiter posts here when they have one in the works as that is how many of us found the most recent one. As far as entry level postings that's any ones guess.
        Last edited by MajorFraudGuy; 01-13-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• MajorFraudGuy ...If you don't mind sharing, what start date were you given?

Comment

• Rocketer99 lets just say its in the next 60 days but they left it completely up to me. However much time I needed within reason.

Comment

• MajorFraudGuy Wow...that's great. Congratulations!

Comment

• Congrats to the laterals that recently heard anything or got the official offer!

Here’s to hoping April happens for the rest of us, if so we’re only 99 days away until we’d have to report to BIT!

Comment

• Mtn hkr Hear, hear!

Comment

• I just got the email that BIT was pushed to potentially August 2021. Depending on the virus.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
                      Mtn hkr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Got the same. This sucks. If august doesn’t happen, I’m out. I think they may be the case for some with April being cancelled. You’d think they could give an age waiver short term because of a pandemic.

• GoDucks312
                      GoDucks312 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got the same. I hope this starts before anyone ages out!

• jugglingfanatic
                      jugglingfanatic commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks like I'm out - but I won't give up hope till it actually happens (middle of May).

• Lonestar001
                      Lonestar001 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man. I was hoping for things to get moving this year so that I can possibly get selected for a BIT date once those who have been delayed get started. Staying positive. I hope things work out for August for you all!

• Yep...I got the email too. This really does suck. I hope they revisit that start date if covid cases start showing a downward trend in the months to come.

Comment

• Any new info for the 1811s who applied in 2020? I know two received the call from here. Anyone else or any word when calls will resume, if at all?
                      Last edited by BostonSawx; 02-04-2021, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• MountDooh
                        MountDooh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They've just asked me to sign the consent form for updated driving record check. It is weird. They had done that back last October.

• For those of us that have been delayed for BIT things are hopefully looking good for August. COVID cases seem to be trending down and vaccine rollout picking up. From what other threads in the forum are saying FLETC is open and training so hopefully that’s a good sign for us.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
                        Mtn hkr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope you’re right! I got the vaccine in anticipation that it would help for the April class...hopefully the same is true for august.

• Crashhorizon
                        Crashhorizon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am not eligible in my state yet for the vaccine, but I am planning on getting it. I don't want that to be a reason to get delayed again.

• Same here Mtn hkr ! Getting vaccinated this week in anticipation of starting in August!

Comment

• Got an offer for my choice of Field Division today after declining the original offer of another FD last month. As long as you can articulate why you wanted to be where you wanted to be, they'll accommodate you.

Comment

• Achiever1911
                          Achiever1911 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And as long as there is an opening in the desired office.

• famousdaveKC
                          famousdaveKC commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Congratulations!

• Looper40
                          Looper40 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Congrats, are you part of the 1811 group? Does anyone know if they are serving up offers to the regular applicant pool? I declined an offer in Jan 2020 due to the location, haven't heard anything since.

• Looper I have heard that if you are a non-1811 and turn down an offer you go back into the hiring pool, but a second offer is unlikely due to the large amount of candidates that are willing to go just about anywhere for the job. I hope I’m wrong on this and you get another call again soon.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
                          Mtn hkr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          To add to that, Looper, no one has heard anything but the last 4 BIT classes were cancelled (April, august, January and April), so there haven’t been any offers to anyone but laterals. Unsure if they’re giving new locations to those still eligible for whenever the next class is. They’ve lost some to age for sure and could lose more, so there will be openings in the class that some of us were supposed to attend in April 2020.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3855 users online. 250 members and 3605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X