Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree 100% Radio Raheem.

Comment

• Long time lurker first time contributor. I know this thread is mixture of traditional applicants and laterals. For you laterals, they haven't contacted you for an interview yet? If not, be on the look out as I am sure its coming if you qualify and from what I am told there are a heck of a lot of laterals trying to jump so competition is thick, which is never a bad thing!
      Last edited by MajorFraudGuy; 11-03-2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Is the office which interviews an applicant, the office that is interested in hiring said applicant?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Not always.

• Boston lateral or regular hire?
        Last edited by MajorFraudGuy; 11-03-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Boston lateral.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next posting will be available for current 1811s?
            Last edited by Justwaiting22; 11-08-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Had MI 2 weeks ago. Havent heard much since current 1811

Comment

• MountDooh
                MountDooh commented
                Editing a comment
                Which Field Division INC interviewed you?

• Fedfun
                Fedfun commented
                Editing a comment
                East coast

• MountDooh
                MountDooh commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope they'll call you soon. They called me 3 days after the MI and told me that they had recommended my application for next step which is for them to contact my current agency for reference.

• No word. I'm thinking that they will reach out to us (BIT 2021-01) later this month or early next month to maybe confirm a new date. Maybe. It's like a moving target though.

Comment

• Everyone get the official email that January is canceled? No word on a next date though.

Comment

• agent823
                  agent823 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got the same email.

• Looper40
                  Looper40 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was this email sent to people that have tentative job offers for January class, or to all applicants?

• Mtn hkr
                  Mtn hkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looper40 just those of us that got called for the original April class that was postponed to august that was postponed to January that is again postponed.

• Of people with tentative job offers, how many either worked in local or federal law enforcement previously? I know someone who was hired on with no former law enforcement or criminal justice (had been working at a restaurant at the time). It seems like it takes a lot of luck to get offered an 1811 job with the USPIS.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
                  Mtn hkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve been an LEO for 9 years. A few others with offers have similar experience, but not everyone. USPIS seems to keep it pretty diverse.

• Fedfun
                  Fedfun commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have been an 1811 for 9 years.

• Yep...received the same email.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I recieved the same email...

• 10,000th reply, big thread.

All I have to say is you never meet a federal LEO who says "I used to be a postal inspector".

A good friend of mine went Postal, and loves it, and every one of them I've met in the field love the job and have no plans to leave. I've only heard of one PI through another PI who left for another agency for a very specific reason, and they supposedly hate it and regret the decision immensely.

Great place to be an 1811.
                ​​​​​​
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• IndexBoss
                  IndexBoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I actually went to the academy with a guy that switched from postal inspector to USMS.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fair enough, but be was never "in-in" to get a taste of how good it was, which probably would have at least made him reconsider, especially busting to a flat 7, no LEAP, oof.

• IndexBoss
                  IndexBoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He was USPIS for 3 years, local cop before that. He just really wanted to be a DUSM I guess. I respect it.

He also had a juris doctorate. He said he did enjoy the drug investigations and didn’t talk down the agency.

• battlewagon
                  battlewagon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My bad read that as he left during the academy.

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                10,000th reply, big thread.

All I have to say is you never meet a federal LEO who says "I used to be a postal inspector".

A good friend of mine went Postal, and loves it, and every one of them I've met in the field love the job and have no plans to leave. I've only heard of one PI through another PI who left for another agency for a very specific reason, and they supposedly hate it and regret the decision immensely.

Great place to be an 1811.
                ​​​​​​
                Yep, I work with a Postal Inspector now. He was a local detective and an OIG 1811 before that. Says that being a Postal Inspector is underrated. Lots of variety. So many cases have something to do with the mail. He said he can be in the field as often as he wants to.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
                  Radio Raheem commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well it looks like those originally scheduled for the April 2019 class will not experience the awesomeness any time soon. Thanks for kicking us while we're down...lmao!

Seriously though our timing is terrible, right? Maybe we will see BIT in April.

• Is anyone concerned about aging out of the process due to the COVID delay? There is no way to know how long classes will continue to be canceled, making it more of a possibility.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                  Winter_Patriot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't know if this applies here, but the USMS will sometimes grant age waivers when someone ages out due to unforeseen delays with the background check or other hiring delays.

• Mtn hkr
                  Mtn hkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I definitely am. I just turned 36 last week and now have less than a year to get hired on. With the January class being cancelled I’m hoping something happens in the spring, but if that gets cancelled too I’m going to have to start considering other options.

• Justwaiting22
                  Justwaiting22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mtn hkr have you applied to any other 1811 agencies?

• Mtn hkr
                  Mtn hkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, pretty close to finished with the process. Could possibly have a decision to make in the next few months.

• Be a month since my MI this week. Haven't heard im out. Haven't heard if I passed either. Hopefully im in the pool.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5993 users online. 313 members and 5680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X