Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received a email notification that the next phase is the background investigation. Typically how long was the wait until an investigator actually contacted you to begin the process?

Comment

• Lonestar001
      Lonestar001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. Ill update as i hear more. Thanks. Til then I am back waiting. But looks like the end is near. Good luck on your MI!

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that’s a little different from how things have been lately, however, They used to do BI before the Management Interview so it could be going back to that. It would definitely make things a lot smoother when it comes to slotting academy spots.

• ATLmew
      ATLmew commented
      Editing a comment
      I completed my polygraph this morning and got the email this afternoon notifying me that the background investigator would be contacting me soon. The polygrapher did not tell me that would happen first. He said I’d probably hear about scheduling my MI in 1-2 weeks but up to 90 days. Guess they have changed processes.

• Lonestar001
      Lonestar001 commented
      Editing a comment
      ATLmew- sounds similar to my situation. Even though I received that email quickly, I have not been contacted by a background investigator but I was contacted to schedule my MI. So maybe we are in queue pending successful MI. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Does anyone know when the next application portal will be open?

Comment

• SilFox
      SilFox commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard sometime in February from an ex-intern. But who knows, best bet is to keep USAJobs on daily alert mode.

• Has anyone heard anything about an April class?
    OUT!!

Comment

• Anyone one here from the 1/19 opening go to their AC yet? I know a few of us did IEs between July and November and I think some of those got AC notices...

Comment

• AnonymousLEO
        AnonymousLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by AnonymousLEO; 02-28-2020, 10:32 AM.

• sten22
        sten22 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's really just an exercise in your ability to effectively follow directions, IMO. Do what you're told, how you're told, when you're told. The rest just is. Enjoy the time and get to know the group that you're with. My group is 6 meshed real well. We had all of our meals together and were able to go out for drinks the one night (our poly wasn't the next day). We all passed. Your mileage may vary, but make the most of the time and experience.

• AnonymousLEO
        AnonymousLEO commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the reply.

• ATLmew
        ATLmew commented
        Editing a comment
        What sten22 is all true. It helped me be more relaxed to talk with my group, but not everyone was as talkative. Really being comfortable running on the self-propelled treadmill is the only thing you can really be prepared for. Otherwise it's hard to say what they're looking for. Only 2/6 passed from my group. As the Inspectors kept reiterating, it's a great accomplishment to make it to the AC at all. Good luck!
        Last edited by ATLmew; 02-17-2020, 10:14 AM.

• Happy 10 year Anniversary of this Thread! Here’s hoping for some movement for everyone soon!

Comment

• Does anyone know when our BI actually starts? My eQIP was submitted many months ago and I'm just going to the AC this month. My concern is that if USPIS BI is showing pending in DCSA's system, I don't believe any other BI's for any other agencies we may be processing with will move or start. It's my understanding you can really only have one BI with DCSA. I've heard horror stories of agencies not closing out BI's so people are stuck in this purgatory waiting for the BI to be released so another one can start.

Comment

• 2GunJR
          2GunJR commented
          Editing a comment
          The BI didn’t start until after I got my conditional offer. And everyone in my class right now said the same thing. They started the BI so late that some didn’t get their final offer until the week of leaving for the academy. They use to start the BI right after the MI but it seems that has changed.

• Got the call on Tuesday asking if I am still interested and open to all locations. I know there is a medical examination/drug test/ and BI. Has anyone had issues with the medical exam? Where you asked to sign any waivers or have a medical doctor sign anything. I am a veteran with some disabilities but can still do the job. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
        Last edited by agent823; 02-07-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone in the process had a hard time during the poly?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
            Mtn hkr commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure what you mean by "hard time", but polygraphs aren't meant to make you feel warm and fuzzy lol. There's much debate on whether or not they're accurate, but it's part of the process for almost all federal agencies, so it's something we have to do if we want the job. Unfortunately sometimes those who tell the truth don't make it through the poly, but if you get a good examiner they can usually work through any issues they see going on. Just tell the truth and hope for the best!

• If anyone has a direct phone number for the Applicant Processing Unit, can you please send it to me in a PM? I keep emailing the universal recruitment inbox but receive very generic answers to specific questions. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            You won't get anything more from the live representative either.

• OTVFD18
            OTVFD18 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok thanks.

• Any New Yorkers from the January 2019 announcement here? Any NY applicants in general have a timeline of their process?

Comment

• UncleTK7
            UncleTK7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not an NY applicant but a 1/19 applicant. Had my IE in November. Now just waiting on the Assessment Center invite.

• Finally heard something, I’m a 1/19 applicant and got an IE invite.

Comment

• Does anyone have a breakdown of USPIS divisions and domiciles? Would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Comment

• OTVFD18
              OTVFD18 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have one. Shoot me a PM.

• So I'm a Jan '19 applicant and I am just now going to the IE in a week. Can someone give any tips or recommendations?

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              3 letters N (on ) D (isclosure) A (greement)

• Mtn hkr
              Mtn hkr commented
              Editing a comment
              For the test: you either know it or you don’t.

• Brightlife
              Brightlife commented
              Editing a comment
              Lmao of course! Thanks y’all!

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              You can't really study for it. God bless.

• Got the call for the April class earlier this week! I accepted the offer. I got my number 1 division, but the office is about 2hrs away.

My timeline, before anyone asks, is as follows:

3/17- Apply

2/18 IE,

12/4/18 AC,

1/19 MI,

2/19 pool

2/20 Offer
            OUT!!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations and good luck!

• Lonestar001
              Lonestar001 commented
              Editing a comment
              what division did you get?

• TriumphST
              TriumphST commented
              Editing a comment
              Be ready for this academy. Its no joke. Be prepared to study your arse off for several hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't want to broadcast the division just yet, but I'm excited about this new experience. The only con is that I have to miss the whole summer with my family. I guess I have to give that pound of flesh.

• I’ve gotten a call about my interest in an April class and to expect another call next week! This was followed by a background information update email. Things are definitely moving and I’ll add that location is absolutely a factor in the process.

Comment

• agent823
              agent823 commented
              Editing a comment
              PM you. Check your inbox.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5866 users online. 359 members and 5507 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X