Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran it in 11:2x and they acted like that was one of the faster times they’d seen. It’s definitely slower than running on a track.

Comment

• So can you walk the whole thing or do you have to run? Like can you power walk?

Comment

• Frank020387
        Frank020387 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like you should at least attempt to run then maybe start power walking?

• Anyone from the group that got Conditional Offers (other then 2GunJr) got their final offers?
      Last edited by TriumphST; 01-06-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Got contacted for AC today but unfortunately can't make the dates in February. Have to push to mid-March now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=aspiring_1811;n6864323]Got contacted for AC today but unfortunately can't make the dates in February. Have to push to mid-March

Do they give you multiple dates? Were they accommodating when you told them you couldn’t do February?

Comment

• aspiring_1811
          aspiring_1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it wasn't really a problem. The person I spoke with just couldn't 100% confirm the March dates because they still needed to fill a seat but she was confident they would. When that one is 100% confirmed and filled, I'd get my confirmation and stuff to fill out ahead of time.

• Unfortunately I didn’t pass the AC. It was a great experience though. The other people I was there with had many years in other LE agencies so it was pretty discouraging. They were really nice people so nothing against them. I was actually sad I failed and had to leave them haha. I was deff low on the totem pole so it makes sense.

good luck to all trying out!

Comment

• 2GunJR
          2GunJR commented
          Editing a comment
          JRgains Very sorry to hear that you didn’t pass the AC. Did they say when or if you could reapply?

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          There are people that have no LE experience that pass the AC. Don't be nervous. I'm sorry that you didn't pass JRgains. I think you can wait a year and apply again. It's just such a long process. Keep your head up everyone.

• Frank020387
          Frank020387 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does anyone think that the non-law enforcement applicants have a harder time at the AC?

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Frank020387 Some would say they do. Others would have a different opinion. My advice would be to follow directions and use your best judgement.

• Yeah I probably won’t re apply just because the process is too long. I’d prob be almost 37 by the time I’d make it back to the AC. And ATLmew I didn’t mean to make you nervous. You don’t need LE experience to pass the AC. Maybe I was just too nervous? Who knows. Just enjoy it. It’s a cool experience for sure.
        Last edited by JRgains; 01-09-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What the part that knocked you out?

• Question for those that have made to the applicant pool: When you get the email that you made the pool, what is the next step? Are you waiting for a INC to ask HQ to process you for their division or is it something that HQ initiates to move you forward and then offers you CO/location? Thanks.

Comment

• 2GunJR
          2GunJR commented
          Editing a comment
          The next step is waiting on that call for the conditional offer. When they called me, the first question they asked was I still open to all locations. I guess they are looking at your preferences and trying to figure out where to place you according to the needs of the organization. My AIC called HQs and tried to figure out where were they sending me and they were very brief with her because they knew they weren’t sending me back to my current division. I say this because I think it is not up to the INC. All divisions have an org chart that shows the opening slots that need to be filled. And a lot of the divisions have multiple slots that need filling. My current division just received 5 Inspectors: 4 from BIT and 1 internal transfer. So I think that is why I didn’t come back to my current division even tho it was my first choice on my preference list.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm assuming HQ handles your application from there. They assess manpower needs and then assess location preference, if the two correlate then the conditional offer is made. If they have no availability for your preferences then they usually will not call you.

• OTVFD18
          OTVFD18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I’ve been communicating directly with the recruiter from the division that I am hoping to go to but was unsure how much say the INC there has, if any.

• Got my AC scheduled for end of February. For the 1.5 mile, are they scoring your time or just seeing where you are at?

Comment

• 2GunJR
          2GunJR commented
          Editing a comment
          They don’t tell you. On the old website, their was a chart that showed the times according to the age ranges that gave you a 5 to 1 scoring range (whatever that meant). But they seem to have not included that on the new webpage.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on your AC being scheduled.

• Update:

Got a call this morning from an BIT Inspector. Asked some basic questions and provided me with a brief overview of what is to come in the next days. We are working on the holiday Jan 20th, even tho our final offer letters said the 21st. They are mailing the packets out tomorrow. Asked was I left or right handed and what airport I was flying out of. Said that they will reimburse 2 checked bags only and travel expenses from the airport to the academy.

Comment

• How long did the majority of you wait between completing the Business Writing Test & going to the AC?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost 2 years

• Peacemaker54
          Peacemaker54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Actual time between will be 8 months, notified at 6 months

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          About 9 months.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          16 months...

• On average how many applicants attend the AC?

Comment

• 2GunJR
          2GunJR commented
          Editing a comment
          6 I believe are scheduled for each AC. Now, how many ACs are scheduled each month is the question.

• Frank020387
          Frank020387 commented
          Editing a comment
          And there is only a 50 percent pass rate?

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          50% is not a solid number. Just do your best. Worry about you. To hell with percentages.

• Thanks PRVetran!

Comment

• What is the starting salary for this position now? Is it GS-10?

Comment

• 2GunJR
            2GunJR commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah GS-10 and in year 4 GS-13

• Frank020387
            Frank020387 commented
            Editing a comment

• How long after Information Exchange do you find out if you didn't pass? Assuming you pass what's the timeline recently for the AC.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Typically if you don’t hear anything in about a month, then you’re good. AC timeframe varies drastically. Some get AC scheduled in a couple months, some get AC scheduled in a year or longer. Just luck of the draw.
            Last edited by Lone-ranger; 01-22-2020, 09:33 AM.

• Eagleknight07
            Eagleknight07 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for that information.

• ATLmew
            ATLmew commented
            Editing a comment
            Did IE late August. Got call late November for AC in Feb

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13584 users online. 420 members and 13164 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X