Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So do current 1811s not have to attend the academy?

Comment

• OTVFD18
      OTVFD18 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know those who apply under an 1811 lateral announcement are not required to attend BIT.

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      If it's a lateral announcement you dont have to do citp. Well that's how it was in the last lateral announcement

• Postal Inspector Portal Opening:

Those that are waiting and for those whose applicant pool was cancelled during this past summer, I’v heard that another opportunity will be coming available this January 2020. So be in the lookout.

Comment

• 2GunJR
      2GunJR commented
      Editing a comment
      TriumphST I have not received the final offer letter or call as of yet. The BI said to me that they have 2 weeks to complete their investigation. So, like you I’m thinking this coming week we should have that final offer. They are cutting it pretty close. I’m trying to take the first two weeks of Jan for leave before the class. Also, the BIT coordinator stated that 2 weeks before BIT we will receive our travel plans and the items we will need to bring to BIT.

• 2GunJR
      2GunJR commented
      Editing a comment
      Sports21 It is a possibility, however, the timelines differ. I received my email to attend the AC this past January and they had the same mass hiring portal open within that month. When I received the invite for the AC, I didn’t go until the end of March and I got the invite in January. So I think they plan out at least 3 months in advanced.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Where can I check regularly to not miss the announcement? Do they have Twitter?

• 2GunJR
      2GunJR commented
      Editing a comment
      Bidstar You can check here on this forum or at this link. https://www.uspis.gov/about/careers/postal-inspectors/

• Anyone else invited to the IE in the midwest this upcoming week?

Comment

• Well, it finally came: AC invite for February. 01/19 application, and IE was finished 06/19. Now I don’t know if it made a difference or not, but two weeks ago I changed my #1 location preference to the LA Division. Prior to that, my #1 location preference was the Charlotte Division, which I heard from multiple different sources is notoriously hard to obtain. So, no clue if that made a difference, but just stating the fact of what I did and then two weeks later obtained the AC invite. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Comment

• Peacemaker54
        Peacemaker54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Emailed the PIRecruitment Email

• Frank020387
        Frank020387 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there any part of the AC that is particularly difficult?

• 2GunJR
        2GunJR commented
        Editing a comment
        Frank020387 No. Just follow instructions.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Sheridan1; 12-21-2019, 04:33 PM. Reason: wrong thread

• Which part do a lot of people fail out? I would guess the AC or management interview, but it doesn't look like many people here failed from those.

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        The polygraph isn't apart of the AC, the AC just knocks a lot of people out.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The inspector at the IE told me you do the polygraph at the AC if you passed the fitness test and interviews. What else is at the AC then besides the fitness test and interviews?

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes they can’t complete the poly at the same time of the AC, depends on how many pass the AC and how many polygraph examiners they have available. If you pass the AC, you will be invited to take a polygraph at some point. It may be the next day while you’re still at the Bolger Center or it may happen at your local office at a later date. No one on here will tell you more about the AC because we can’t. Before you go to the AC they will give you all the information you need to know. You’ll either be ready or you won’t, but no one on here will tell you any more than that. You’ll understand once you go. Take a deep breath and do your best.

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        What Mtn Hkr said, there also needs to be a pinned post on this thread in particular. It has been said many many times the AC cannot be talked about, because of the NDA that is signed.

• Has anyone attending BIT 2020-01 received their Final Offers yet?

Comment

• 2GunJR
        2GunJR commented
        Editing a comment
        So, I spoke with one of the BIT coordinators today and they said that the BIs submit their findings to the HRSSC in Memphis. Then the HRSSC will produces that info to CDU. So the final offer might go out Monday but prolly after Christmas.

• TriumphST
        TriumphST commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the update.
        Last edited by TriumphST; 01-13-2020, 06:33 AM.

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        I started background a little over two weeks ago (should be nearing adjudication I’d believe) and medical was done day of email being sent. I have not received an appointment yet. Only a call Thursday from someone at CDU inquiring if I’ve heard from the background investigator as some people were lagging behind. Makes me feel a little better I’m not the only one who hasn’t heard anything. Hopefully something comes this week. Good luck.

• 2GunJR
        2GunJR commented
        Editing a comment
        It is 12/27/19, and still no word about the final offer. At least for me. Hopefully next week then.

• Timeline -

3/17 - Applied

9/17 - AC

12/19 - MI

12/23/2019 - Recieved email placed in pool selection
      Last edited by agent823; 12-24-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn lol. Did you literally hear nothing for those 2+ years?

• agent823
        agent823 commented
        Editing a comment
        @2GunJR... It sure was

• agent823
        agent823 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Sheridan1...I heard nothing. I even forgot that I applied until I got the email for an interview.

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!!

• I have my IE coming up. I know the attire is business professional, my question is reference to facial hair. I have a cleaned up beard, however I know some agencies look down upon this. I know in the past some agencies don't care and others do. If I have to shave no big deal, as I know it had to go during any type of training. I know it may be a stupid question, but thanks for humoring me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleknight07 View Post
        I have my IE coming up. I know the attire is business professional, my question is reference to facial hair. I have a cleaned up beard, however I know some agencies look down upon this. I know in the past some agencies don't care and others do. If I have to shave no big deal, as I know it had to go during any type of training. I know it may be a stupid question, but thanks for humoring me.
        When I went to my IE I clean shaved. Another guy there had a full grown beard but it was neat. They didn’t care. But another office might have their own way of viewing things. I would clean shave just to err on the side of caution

Comment

• Has anyone going to BIT 1/20 received a final offer letter yet?

Comment

• 2GunJR
            2GunJR commented
            Editing a comment
            Not I. Did you receive the email this morning from one of the BIT coordinators asking us if we were contacted by the BI yet and what time frame did the BI said that their investigation will be completed?

• TriumphST
            TriumphST commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing here. I did received a phone call and the same email from the coordinators inquiring about the BI.
            Last edited by TriumphST; 01-09-2020, 12:27 PM.

• Received the same email.

Comment

• How long does this process typically take?

Comment

• TriumphST
              TriumphST commented
              Editing a comment
              A very long time....
              Last edited by TriumphST; 01-13-2020, 06:33 AM.

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              USSS seems to be churning out applications at lightning speed (5-7 months) these days.

• I’m Official!!! Final Offer Letter was email to me this morning. Jan 21, 2020 is the official start date because of the holiday on Monday. Congratulations to everyone attending the BIT 2020-01 academy. Can’t wait to see you all there. For those that are still in this grueling process and to those who just started, if this is what you really want hang in there. I thought a many of times, to just call it quits and apply to another federal agency. But I am glad that I stuck with it.

My Timeline:
            • Applied: December 2017
            • eCap: December 16, 2017
            • (e-QIP and fingerprints)
            • IE: November 13, 2018
            • AC/Poly: March 24-26, 2019 Passed
            • MI: September 25, 2019
            • Pool: October 17, 2019
            • Conditional Offer: November 26, 2019
            • Official Offer: January 2, 2020
            • BIT: January 21 - May 08, 2020
            Last edited by 2GunJR; 01-02-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Sheridan1
              Sheridan1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! What was the difference between the conditional and official offer? Also, did you get any of your 1-3 preferential locations?

• 2GunJR
              2GunJR commented
              Editing a comment
              Sheridan1 The conditional offer informs you that you are being considered for the position and that you have fulfilled the basic requirements of the hiring position. The final offer comes after you have fulfilled the other requirements such as drug screen, medical/physical, and background investigation. If all of these are not satisfied, then the final offer for the position will not be extended and you will not longer be considered. That’s all it means. I have had civilian jobs do this before. When I became a truck driver, I got the same thing; conditional offer then the final offer once I satisfied the other requirements.

No, I did not get any of my preferred locations. (1) Detroit, (2) Houston, (3) Forth Worth. I’m going to Los Angeles

• Those of you who have been to the AC and passed, can you share your treadmill times? Wondering what times people are running on that thing. Also curious if anyone just jogged or walked the entire thing.

Comment

• 2GunJR
              2GunJR commented
              Editing a comment
              Levithane It was continuous for 1.5 miles. The graders even said speed walking would be faster for most than running.

• 2GunJR
              2GunJR commented
              Editing a comment
              Sheridan1 Move with a purpose. I have heard people being on there for like 30 plus mins. Try not to be that guy. My regular treadmill time was 16 taking my time. But the manual was like 20 mins. So whatever your time is on the regular treadmill, add some more time for the manual one.

• Frank020387
              Frank020387 commented
              Editing a comment
              How is walking faster than running?

• Peacemaker54
              Peacemaker54 commented
              Editing a comment
              The manual treadmill is harder to keep pace because it feels as if it is forcing you to run faster than you want too. So if you have to keep adjusting your feet and pace, that may be why it is slower than just speed walking at a continuous pace.

• Originally posted by Peacemaker54 View Post
            Those of you who have been to the AC and passed, can you share your treadmill times? Wondering what times people are running on that thing. Also curious if anyone just jogged or walked the entire thing.
            I would also like to know. Has anybody jogged or walked the entire thing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12848 users online. 391 members and 12457 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X