Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what the PT test consists of?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
      Mtn hkr commented
      Editing a comment
      As of now, it’s just the 1.5 mile run on a manual treadmill.

• Mtn hkr no push ups or sit ups?

Comment

• StickerShock
      StickerShock commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. 1.5 miles on manual treadmill only.

• StickerShock , at the IE they gave us a sheet regarding push ups and sit ups. So its safe to say that I should just practice on my running for purposes of the AC?

Comment

• StickerShock
      StickerShock commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I’ve been to the AC this cycle and we only did the run. The inspectors didn’t know why the push ups and sit ups had been eliminated but confirmed they’re not done anymore.

• Mtn hkr
      Mtn hkr commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, exactly what stickershock said. When you’re notified of the AC they’ll tell you about the fitness test requirements. My AC was in September and as far as I know they’ve required only the run pretty much this entire year if not longer. Doesn’t hurt to still do push ups and sit ups, but definitely focus on your running.

• Applied: 01/2019
    IE: 07/2019
    AC: 11/2019

Comment

• Peacemaker54
      Peacemaker54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Where are you applying to/from?

• So I walk from the parking lot to the office this morning, and it was close to 80 degrees. Now I walk to the car for lunch, and it's 53 degrees. I thought the transition of the seasons was supposed to be gradual.
    OUT!!

Comment

• Does anyone know the times you need to hit in order to pass the 1.5?

Comment

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        Chart is listed online, depends on your gender and age group. Just keep running often to build up your cardio. Manual treadmill adds 3 minutes (or more) to your regular run.

• RV
        RV commented
        Editing a comment
        Unable to locate chart as well... Can anyone post the link

• StickerShock
        StickerShock commented
        Editing a comment
        You don’t really fail the treadmill run as long as you finish. The table of times is pretty useless anyway because the manual treadmill is very different from running on a track or a regular treadmill. It’s added 1-2 minutes to my time on the track whenever I’ve ran on the manual treadmill. Just work on your run fitness as best you can and you’ll be fine.

• 2GunJR
        2GunJR commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly what StickerShock stated. Just finish. I ended up speed walking because I was able to do that faster than running. I almost fell off the treadmill several times. When I went to the AC in March, the inspectors stated that the pushups and sit-ups were temporarily suspended because they were in the process of revamping/restructuring the AC process. BIT use to be 3 months but now it is 3 1/2 months. I recently heard that it might change again to 4 months, but that remains to be seen.

• Got the email for my AC. Super excited and nervous!

Comment

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, be professional, and enjoy your time there!

• Peacemaker54
        Peacemaker54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! January applicant? Lots of people getting the AC! Where are you applying to/from?

• My situation was very strange. I applied In 2017 and for whatever reasons never got around to finishing certain parts. So I heard nothing back for a while and honestly forgot about it. Then randomly I got an email in Jan 2019 saying my IE was scheduled lol. So I just went from there. I’m applying from NV. I was told they were pretty full here but Cali is in need.

Comment

• Peacemaker54
        Peacemaker54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha that does sound crazy! I’m hoping Cali is in need but I did my IE in June and haven’t gotten the AC email. And I’m applying from the LA area where they are down a lot. Just goes to show this process is just a roll of the dice lol

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Super strange but good luck to you in the process

• Are they open to take the test or whatever or a missed the opportunity?

Comment

• Got my email for IE and 2nd exam. Anyone that’s taken the 2nd exam? Is it similar to the 1st? I know ur limited in what you can say but any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• PostalWannabe
          PostalWannabe commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think we can really say anything and there isn't any public info or study guide. Our inspectors told us that most people pass this exam, so I wouldn't stress it that much.

• For those of you who've gone through the AC, what's the time span from invitation to attending it?
        Thanks and best of luck to all!

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine was more than a month’s notice.

• SilFox
          SilFox commented
          Editing a comment
          My notice was about 2 weeks. I am attending the AC on 12/9. Anyone else attending during this time frame?

• I think the idea of getting an AC in 2019 is a long shot at this point. If there is a class in February the calls will probably start in the next 2-3 weeks and be filled with 3/17 applicants. The pool seems to still be filled with people who applied before the latest 1/19 opening. The 1/19’s could potentially be good to go for a May or August 2020 class but we need to see some movement sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Peacemaker54
          Peacemaker54 commented
          Editing a comment
          L.A.?! Dang, so am I! Applied Jan, IE in June, and no word on the AC. Making me anxious lol
          Last edited by Peacemaker54; 11-14-2019, 11:49 AM.

• PostalWannabe
          PostalWannabe commented
          Editing a comment
          Also a 1/19 applicant out of LA. Sept IE still waiting on AC email. SilFox, are the 3/19 applicants vets and/or 1811 laterals only? I can't imagine they did two public openings in three months...

Even May or Aug 2020 sounds like a bit of a stretch. We have to pass the AC, get invited to and pass the MI, and then get through background, get into the pool, and THEN get pulled for a BIT. Some people in this thread waited a full year between IE and AC or a year between AC and MI etc.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Throw timelines out of the window with any FLEO process, but especially this one. Some people breeze through all of the steps and wait a year for the call. Some snail their way through the process and get call quickly after finishing. Either way, most people wait with very few outliers. Just be patient and apply to every agency that interests you.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          One guy finished the process in one year and didn't get the call until 3 years later.

• Anyone attending the AC on 12/9?

Comment

• Ice2017dec
          Ice2017dec commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get the AC email recently? I think we went to IE around the same time. I’m applying out of LA area as well.

• Received a call from DC asking about any changes. Calls for February class will likely start going out soon. Question: I was told I will most likely get an offer for NYC Metro Area. What are the chances getting office other than NYC? We live 80 miles North and it will be tough moving in the middle of the school year.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Walla183 by expiration you mean age out? I’ve heard postal is good about not letting people age out.

• Walla183
          Walla183 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mtn hkr that would be correct. Didn't think it would reach this point when I applied at the age of 34. But alas whatever happens happens

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          Walla183 I’m not far behind you. I know others are in the same boat too, hopefully us old folks are at the top of the list

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          If you get a third offer, then you are supposed to be a Postal Inspector...embrace it. It'll all work out.

Is your husband local law enforcement?

Last edited by TriumphST; 12-06-2019, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          I received the same call. I think there is a disturbance in the force
          Last edited by Radio Raheem; 11-20-2019, 10:37 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9919 users online. 507 members and 9412 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X