Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm filling out the eCap and every time I try to click on the high school tab it automatically signs me out of the website, what am I supposed to do? I don't want to submit it without submitting everything they are asking for but I can't even access the tab. I'll post this to both PI forum posts.

Comment

• Bluerider5
      Bluerider5 commented
      Editing a comment
      What browser are you using? Try using a different web browser. See if that helps

• I'm ready for the August class...

meat.jpg
    OUT!!

Comment

• sten22
      sten22 commented
      Editing a comment
      That'd be nice.

• Defective454
      Defective454 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hit the pool last summer before 2018's August class and was so hopeful to get in. A few have passed since then. This August class would be so ideal! I need to channel my inner Rocky like you to get my head back in the game and keep the faith! Good luck!

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, tell me about it. "Hearts on Fire" has been playing in my head for past few days. Damn you John Cafferty!!

• Got a call again for the August class (declined May offer before). Trying to decide. Have three kids at home, including 5 month old baby, so leaving hubby home with three of them will be tough. Had my IE such a long time ago, completely forgot all the important details. So here are some questions for you, since you guys know everything:
    1. How much time do we have to move within 50 miles from assignment?
    2. How long must we work for the agency minimum? (I believe they said 5 years?).
    3. Do we get take home cars?
    Trying to make best decision for me and my family.
    Thanks for your help

Comment

• Looper40
      Looper40 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, congratulations on the job offer. Wondering if you can validate my theory about job offers and where applicants live?  When they offered you academy spots last time and this time, were the offers for cities in your geographic area or required a substantial move?

• SD
      SD commented
      Editing a comment
      Looper40, yes I got offered my local division which is NYC. I still will have to move though, to be within 50 miles of assignment.

• Defective454
      Defective454 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats again, glad to hear the calls are starting. I know you're in quite the pickle since the last call came in--best of luck with the decision making process this time around.

• SuccessfulVibes
      SuccessfulVibes commented
      Editing a comment
      What’d you end up deciding to do?

• Well, I didn’t ask for your two cents. Sometimes life happens, and we need to move on. You don’t know me and what my situation is. Thank you for your input
    Last edited by SD ; 06-12-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Today they called me, couple hours ago.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow they are starting early in the day. Congratulations! Make the best decision for you and your family. I know how it is having to weigh options and prioritize...well...priorities. Good luck with your decision.

• Does anyone know after submitting the eCap if you can send a photo copy of your birth certificate or does it have to be a copy issued by the state you were born in? All I see is “certified copy” along with transcripts and military records. My apologies if this was answered in past posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt0844 View Post
        Does anyone know after submitting the eCap if you can send a photo copy of your birth certificate or does it have to be a copy issued by the state you were born in? All I see is “certified copy” along with transcripts and military records. My apologies if this was answered in past posts.
        I emailed them about this in January. They said a copy is fine, so I sent a copy of my birth certificate.
        Exam # 6315
        Orientation:
        Medical:
        Agility:
        Written Psych:
        Oral Psych:
        PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

• Sgt0844
          Sgt0844 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the reply. It would have taken 4-6 weeks to request a copy from my birth state and only 14 days to submit this paperwork. Figured a copy was good enough.

• FLE Candidate
          FLE Candidate commented
          Editing a comment
          I had this exact scenario and while I ended finding my original, they advised me it was fine to wait for that certified copy. I would e-mail to confirm what they will accept as a “certified copy”. A photocopy might not suffice and even though they put that timeline they’ll work with you. They just asked me to keep them up-to-date.
          Last edited by FLE Candidate; 06-12-2019, 04:43 PM. Reason: Clarity

• Looper40, yes I got offered my local division which is NYC. I still will have to move though, to be within 50 miles of assignment.

Comment

• SD
          SD commented
          Editing a comment
          I live like 80 miles away

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ok. Just say yes , and let the good times roll..."laissez les bon temps rouler" lol

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you accept the call?

• SD
          SD commented
          Editing a comment
          I, unfortunately, had to decline this time. My hubby is LE too, and has a detail coming up. Plus I’m not crazy about leaving my infant for so long. Taking the risk here, but hopefully they’ll call me next year.

• I applied as an 1811 transfer in January. I got an email from the Dever officer recruited asking which offices I would be willing to work in. Hopefully, things start moving fast. Anyone else get an email yesterday?

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Bro you're an 1811, it'll move faster than for anyone else.

• FedInvestigator
          FedInvestigator commented
          Editing a comment
          "Bro you're an 1811, it'll move faster than for anyone else"....maybe.

I am a June 2017 applicant (1811) who was contacted by two offices in 2018. I told one office I would take any of their locations and the other only a few out of the many they offered. Since then I have not heard anything. However, USPIS did hire a colleague of mine back in the spring.

No news is good news

• After you have your MI, do you get an email saying you're in the hiring pool or would the next email or call is saging my background Investigation has begun or if I'll be in the next academy class? I had my MI last month and haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpa223 View Post
          After you have your MI, do you get an email saying you're in the hiring pool or would the next email or call is saging my background Investigation has begun or if I'll be in the next academy class? I had my MI last month and haven't heard anything yet.
          You should get any email stating that you are in the hiring pool. If it concerns you, just send them an email and ask.

Comment

• By the way...

dad-memes-funny-26-720x867.jpg

and

Starwars.jpeg

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!
            OUT!!

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I recently joined this forum to find out how long the application process takes for this position. I've been reading some posts, and it seems that the average time frame is +/- 2 years.

A little bit about myself, I'm 24 years old and have been working for the USPS as an Industrial Engineer for 2 years; obtained my B.S. and M.S. in engineering (graduated with above a 3.0 GPA in both). Although I never served in the military, I chose to join Army ROTC in college and went down for training in Fort Knox to at least have an understanding of what our heroes go through.

I applied back in January 2019, and submitted the e-QIP for TS security clearance last month. I wanted to see if I'm as far along in the process as any of the other applicants, (which aren't previous law enforcement).
              Thanks.

Comment

• ATLmew
                ATLmew commented
                Editing a comment
                I was a USPS clerk, no law enforcement background. Applied January 2019. Eqip June. Got fingerprint cards today (July).

• January applicant. Just got my IE invite for the NYC area.
              Last edited by FLE Candidate; 06-17-2019, 03:44 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

• jay91
                jay91 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m also a NYC January applicant. Did they give you a date or you get to choose? And is it like next week or a few weeks away?

• FLE Candidate
                FLE Candidate commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Radio, it seems that way. I’m not complaining.

jay91 they gave me the date and it’s about a month out.

• sten22
                sten22 commented
                Editing a comment
                You'll always get a date for an IE. It's a planned group event that's generally local to your home.

• Radio Raheem
                Radio Raheem commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, please have your fingerprint cards with you at the IE!! One guy was turned away!

• Originally posted by FLE Candidate View Post
              January applicant. Just got my IE invite for the NYC area.
              Did you ever get any notification to get your fingerprints done?
              Exam # 6315
              Orientation:
              Medical:
              Agility:
              Written Psych:
              Oral Psych:
              PE:

Waiting impatiently..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4558 users online. 201 members and 4357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X