300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USPS Law View Post
    Just to level set for all of the new applicants with questions. The general information for everything in the application process is on the website, including study guides for the exam. The directions and what will be tested/assessed is all there.

Just so everyone knows, those who have completed any steps of the applications process were required to sign non-disclosure agreements and are not able to discuss any details of the process, be it the IE, AC or MI. Anything beyond what is already provided on the website is out of bounds and can get people in trouble. Talk about how nervous you are and how excited you are to get the call, and do your research on the website about what is upcoming, but be kind and don't put other applicants in the uncomfortable position of questioning what information can and can't be shared about your upcoming process. Thanks.
    This is a good comment I found a while back and it's still applicable for this new round of applicants. However, I think people get bent out of shape about the non-disclosures. As long as you don't discuss specifics, I don't see a problem.

Overall if you don't feel like reading through the entire thread, then I'd suggest at least reading through the website and FAQ's

Comment

• Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help clear this up for me. I'm a current sophomore in college. I noticed that there are 4 paths that make an applicant more qualified for the position of postal inspector. The one that I would be eligible for is superior academic achievement. I will be graduating with a good GPA, but no work experience. What are the odds like that I would even be considered with just a good GPA? I am also considering minoring in Spanish, so I could possibly apply under the language skills special knowledge track, but again I will still have no work experience. From what I understand, this is a highly sought-after position. I hope some of you could provide insight as to what my odds look like/ if they have hired directly out of college for this position in the past.

Thanks!

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Esco
        Do I dare ask what PI's are contacting the supervisory inspector every 5 minutes about?

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you know ;-)

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Radio Raheem

"Good morning Sir or Ma'am,

Where on the envelope does the return address go?

Thank you"

*5 minutes later

"Sir or Ma'am

I write to inform you that the envelope in question has subsequently combusted into flames on my desk, call the fire department.

Thank you"

• Radio Raheem
        Radio Raheem commented
        Editing a comment
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'm dying over here!!!

• Hopeful Fed, You are a young buck with a lot of time ahead of you to pursue becoming an 1811. I remember when I was just like you, a freshman in college wanting nothing more than to graduate and be a federal agent. Don’t let this consume you too much and ENJOY COLLEGE because it will be over before you know it. Focus on getting work experience through federal LE internships and other volunteer opportunities you find interesting. I didn’t achieve my goal of being a federal agent until I was 26 (which is still considered somewhat young) after years of investigative experience, a masters degree, military service, and getting professional certifications. Keep working hard and if you want it bad enough, you will achieve your goals.
      Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• hopefulfed36
        hopefulfed36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight!

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 37 still trying to be a special agent, granted I'm picky about what ill accept, but still....you got time man, lol

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        picky and special agent dont mix..you take what you can get then move around..lol

• Are there any active Postal Inspectors on this board. I'm a current Federal officer looking at switching over and I have a few questions to ask.

Comment

• So I got a call from a 202 number on Friday afternoon. My heart skipped a beat! I made sure to answered with my professional, customer service voice, but it was one of those scammers who try to convince you that your computer has been infected with a virus . I was livid, but my inner child couldn't resist. The conversation went like this...

ME: Good afternoon, this is _________! How may I help you on this wonderful day?

SCAMMER: Hello! This is Joseph with Microsoft tech support, and I am calling to inform you that your computer is infected with a virus!

ME: OH MY GOD! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! WHAT DO I DO?! WHO CAN I RUN TO?! (I thought my reaction was a bit over the top but the scammer kept going.)

SCAMMER: I know this is upsetting, Sir, but there is a soluti---

ME: (I interrupted him by screaming to my wife in the backround) BABY! BABY! GUESS WHAT?! THEY PUT A VIRUS IN OUR COMPUTER! (Then I directed the conversation back to the scammer) SIR! SIR! WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TURN TO?!! WHO IS GOING TO MAKE SENSE OF ALL THIS?!! AWWW LAWD!!!! WWHHHYYYYYY?!!!!

SCAMMER: Sir! I can tell you how to fix it if you calm down--

ME: WWWHHHYYYYYYYYYY??!!!

SCAMMER: Sir! It will be alright..please--

ME: WWWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??!!!!

SCAMMER: Oh my goodness! Sir please calm down!

ME: AAAAHHH Everything's getting real dark...(I was actually about to laugh, so I dropped the phone on the ground to simulate me fainting and then I went to the bathroom. I came back about about 3 minutes later to find that the scammer was still on the phone! )

SCAMMER: SIR! SIR! ARE YOU OK? SIR!

ME: Yes I'm sorry, but the news was just so shocking!

SCAMMER: I can help you sir! We can get rid of the virus!

ME: How?!! They've probably already infiltrated and sold my information on the black market!!!! They've probably already bought a house, opened credit cards and stolen all of my hard earned money!!! OHH It's getting dark again!

SCAMMER: No, Sir please don't faint again!!

ME: I'm ok, Joseph. Just tell me what I have to do!

SCAMMER: Just log onto your computer and go on this website.

ME: Wait! How am I supposed to do that, Joseph?!

SCAMMER: What do you mean? Just turn the computer on, and I'll help you.

ME: But Joseph...I don't have a computer.

SCAMMER: ...........

ME: Joseph?

The scammer hung up the phone. I was surprised it took so long for him to realize I was screwing with him. I may not have received the call from USPIS that day, but I got sooo much more from that exchange. My wife knows I love to play with telephone scammers, but I put all my angst, frustration and emotion into that call. She said she never laughed so hard in her life. Just thought I'd share.
        Last edited by Radio Raheem; 03-04-2019, 11:21 AM.
        OUT!!

Comment

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          Gold, sir, comedy gold.

• Anyone going to the AC on 3/24-26?

Comment

• Anyone have any good news? More potential academies after May? Emails to update info? Here's to a hopefully great March for those in the pool and still working through the process!
          "Remember the most important play is the next one!"

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Next class after May is 8/12. Based on past posts, hoping that calls start going out Monday for May.

• Looper40
            Looper40 commented
            Editing a comment
            Defective454, thank you for your continued optimism and encouragement. I hit the two year mark of the application process this month and have struggled to stay positive. I appreciate your glass half full approach.

• Defective454
            Defective454 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good news, Ranger! Looper, I hear you- about three months behind you and I know some others have been waiting longer. Good things come to those who wait right? I’m sure you will he tapped sooner rather than later.

• Does anyone have any idea when the next opening will be? I have a couple of friends who are interested. I refered them to the website and Facebook page.
          Last edited by Radio Raheem; 03-08-2019, 08:50 AM.
          OUT!!

Comment

• Josel1992
            Josel1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            There is one this months but limited to veterans and 1811s

• Mtn hkr
            Mtn hkr commented
            Editing a comment
            March 11-15. They just posted it today on Facebook.

• 2E903DB9-4B5E-4DF4-B074-0891615B4665.jpeg
          Last edited by CA_State_Investigator; 03-07-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
            Radio Raheem commented
            Editing a comment
            If they need people, then they should pull from those who are already in the hiring pool.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            TheSlammer, Federal, State, and local all need people. I wouldn't be able to tell you what comes into play for hiring. As far as USPIS is concerned I can tell you that your current location is definitely a factor. From the thread USPIS prefers not to have to move candidates, but it happens. The joke when I was going through before not passing the AC was, "prepare to move to Alaska".

• TheSlammer
            TheSlammer commented
            Editing a comment
            Levithane thats interesting. Never figured location would be a factor. If people are qualified and will move, why not?
            I did notice that this is veterans and 1811 only posting, not another general opening like January.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            TheSlammer, USPIS is one of the few agencies IIRC that assists/pays to move someone. In short it is cheaper to hire an individual and have them stay in the state/city that they began the process in.

• Let the panic games begin. I get a call from a 202 number so it’s gotta be USPIS since I predicted calls would start today right? It ended up being another agency asking a question about my previously submitted update documents

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha there’s still the rest of the week Defective454

• sten22
            sten22 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no idea when any calls will actually come, but based on my experience as a USG/DOD contractor, I wouldn't expect much to occur on Mondays or Fridays. That's not to say that every call won't happen now on a Monday or Friday since I said that, but it just seems like Tues - Thurs are the productive days.

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            sten22 glad to see you back on here. Any word on May for you?

• sten22
            sten22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, man. No news on this end. Just set to hurry up and wait.

• Thanks Lone-ranger.

Actually, It's kind of weird that only one person on the forum has been called for the May class. You would think that with the class starting in 60 odd days, more "I got the Call" posts would be popping up. I could see if the background and medical were done before the call, but the narrowing gap in time puts pressure on the agency...right? Right?
          OUT!!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m guessing no one has truly gotten “the call” yet. I think the person who mentioned back in December (I think) was probably deferred from February’s class to May. I’m purely speculating because I’m currently experiencing this with another agency...cleared for the previous two academies but sidelined due to an injury. It would be nice to have a tough decision to make but I’m currently going with the “bird in hand”.

• Attended A/C back in Sept 2017 and have not heard anything yet. Anyone else on the same boat?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you take the polygraph and Management Interview?

• Killyleagh690
            Killyleagh690 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was for a while. I sent an email and asked what was going on. I received a call for the MI the next day.

• Is it okay to make a new account to reapply? I forgot my account info from February and wanted to apply to the March opening as well.

Comment

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            email them and tell them they will give you a new password

• biff592
            biff592 commented
            Editing a comment
            FYI: I emailed them asking if it was advantageous or recommended to apply under the vet/1811 posting. They emailed me back saying that since my application from Feb is "active" there was no need to apply under the new posting.

• mxxdude
            mxxdude commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks if that’s the case there’s no point, I wasn’t sure if they were allotted a separate amount of slots in the second announcement. I started to just make another account and sent an email to verify my SSN but I’ll hold off since the app takes some time lol.

• So no calls for the May class?
          OUT!!

Comment

• Just got the call from DC asking if I’m ready for May class. Had to say no since I have a 10 week old baby at home. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

• Radio Raheem
              Radio Raheem commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, from what area code was the call?

• SD
              SD commented
              Editing a comment
              It was from 202

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Great news about the kiddo...you chose your family so don’t dwell on it too long. I’m curious, did they offer you your home location or at least one of your selections?

Lol Raheem has been asking about the area code for some reason.....just answer any DC number at this point my man. I’m answering all numbers for about a week in case they call from Zimbabwe hahaha

• Defective454
              Defective454 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on your child! Very difficult yet understandable predicament to be in. Keep in the mix, hopefully a second opportunity pops up!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10167 users online. 429 members and 9738 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X