Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the GS-13 automatic, or do you have to wait 2 years like some other agencies?
    OUT!!

Comment

• Mtn hkr
      Mtn hkr commented
      Editing a comment
      10-1 to 11-1 is one year. 11-1 to 12-1 is 1 year, total at 2 years. 12-1 to 13-1 is 2 years for total of 4 years.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      So do you at least promote within the steps (i.e. 12-1 to 12-2), or do you stay at 12-1 for 2 years?

• Hellomoto_25
      Hellomoto_25 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s 10-1, 11-2, 12-1, 12-2, 13-1.

It’s all on their website.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! I can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

• Anyone know what the reapplying process is like? Genuinely curious since I haven't seen that topic touched on in the thread.

Comment

• DHSguy48
      DHSguy48 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, if there isn't a waiting period...you're in luck. They're hiring again Monday, January 28th at 10am.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Eh, I think I'll hold off. Would definitely like the job, but I feel I need more experience to do better on the next go around. I went to the AC in 2017, If I recall correctly there is a waiting period to reapply.
      Last edited by Levithane; 01-17-2019, 07:17 PM.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      In that case, I’ve heard you can retake the AC after a year.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats good to know that USPIS will start you from the AC. Ill reapply next time theres an announcement to the public. Good luck to those who apply this year.

• Has anyone heard of an upcoming I.E. in the DC area? I've been in the process for like 3 years and still waiting on the I.E. Had a prior I.E. date but was away for training.

Comment

• Hellomoto_25
      Hellomoto_25 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you inform them you wouldn’t make it? In other words, did you make sure at the time that you were still being considered?

• manno332
      manno332 commented
      Editing a comment
      hellomoto_25, I received an email from them a few weeks ago asking me to update my information.

• Does anyone know if USPIS does its own Background Investigations or do they use OPM?

Comment

• Does USPIS hire at a lateral pay for current 1811s? If you're a 13 elsewhere, will they take you as a 13, or maybe a 12/7, etc? Not lookingn to bust down to a 7/10 or 9/10, again again again.

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
      Does anyone know if USPIS does its own Background Investigations or do they use OPM?
      My amigo at another 1811 applied the last time, and I am assuming they used his BG or most of it. He cleared BG pretty fast, way faster than if they did their own. And his previous 1811 was an OPM BG.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Thriller
        Thriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply Battle

• LBJfan4life
        LBJfan4life commented
        Editing a comment
        Didnt you just leave FLETC a year or two ago for an 1811? Already trying to jump ship....

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like they'll pay match for current 1811s:

1811 interagency transfers
        Q. Are pay levels the same for 1811 interagency transfer candidates?
        A. Applicants selected for hire or transfer are offered entry pay at an ISLE grade and step, equivalent to GS grade and step, not to exceed an ISLE 13, Step 10.

Q. Are grade levels the same for 1811 interagency transfers?
        A. See the answer above. The minimum entry level is ISLE 10, Step 1. 1811 transfers are placed at a level commensurate with experience. 1811s applying for transfers without extensive experience will be placed appropriately.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Haven't applied anywhere else since then but I'd take any 6c job with any agency at any pay grade to get to the location I want. I'm still 2.5 years from finishing my degree anyways so I'll be here for a while. More than happy here for the meantime

• Does anyone have any insight on the shutdown affecting the USPIS? I understand they receive partial funding from the gov., but unsure if it directly affects the daily functions short term. Hoping this doesn’t slow the process as it’s already been slow, or I would think, by the academy renovations.

Comment

• Esco
        Esco commented
        Editing a comment
        Shutdown does not effect USPIS or USPS. We are not part of the executive branch and don’t take congressional Appropriated moneys.
        Last edited by Esco; 01-20-2019, 01:45 PM. Reason: Appropriated

• Smilingsmokey
        Smilingsmokey commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news. Thanks!

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Esco that has always been my understanding too. Do you know what happened around 2010-2011? From reading the thread, it seems a bunch of applicants were in limbo due to the federal government hiring freeze. Just curious why USPIS was affected back then.

• Esco
        Esco commented
        Editing a comment
        Wasn’t around then. If I had to guess hiring freeze of some sort.

• Any truth to an April Academy? Only saw Feb. (two people) and May (one person) on forums so far.
      "Remember the most important play is the next one!"

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Which phase are you currently?

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been in the pool since June 2018.

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool beans. Well you should be in the clear soon hopefully. I'm waiting on MI.

• Originally posted by Defective454 View Post
      Any truth to an April Academy? Only saw Feb. (two people) and May (one person) on forums so far.
      Haven't heard April, but can confirm May per USPIS staff. I'm just not sure of any other academy dates after that. I was assured that there would be a BIT(s) after May but no one knew of a specific date.

Comment

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool, this was just rumor mill and I figured it was just that, rumor, but usually more are picked up off these forums than there have been for Feb. and May. This made me think maybe there was some truth behind it.

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm pretty sure many more on the forum have been picked up, they just won't say so. Some come here just to look and haven't even created an account

• New public announcement is coming up
      “Our next recruiting period will be January 28 - Feb 2, 2019 (beginning Monday at 10:00 AM CST and ending Saturday at 10:00 AM CST). To apply visit https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

This is taken from USAJOBS.GOV - from their announcement / posting today (01/21/19)

Comment

• Just got the AC invite! March 24-26

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!!! Have fun!!!

• I'm thinking the next two classes will be either July and Sept or June and Aug. The latter will probably be the least likely of the two options considering the overlap of May and June. They seem to be at least 2 months apart. Unless I'm mistaken, Sept seems to be the last available window for a class and Feb seems to be the beginning of classes for that calendar year.
        Last edited by Radio Raheem; 01-22-2019, 04:45 PM.
        OUT!!

Comment

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          There was an October class than ended Jan. Feb class that ends May. So I imagine a June class that ends Sept. unless they overlap somewhere to get a 4th class in.

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hellomoto_25 The last class actually graduated in November

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          It started in august? For some reason I thought it was Oct. mea culpa

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hellomoto_25 to be honest I’m not sure when it started I just know they graduated in November; I just graduated in December from postal police but we only 8 weeks long for training they 14 they were already there when I got there

• Hi, new to this forum. Quick question. How often do they have job openings for this position. I wanted to apply however, I need to lose like 10lbs according to my height and BMI. I was going to try to apply for the next opening this year which will give me more time to lose more weight and score better for the physical.
        MPD Application TimeLine

08/2013 - Submitted Application
        08/2013 - Orientation
        08/2013 - Mass Processing
        09/2013 - Polygraph
        11/2013 - Psych/Medical
        01/2014 - Preliminary Review
        01/2014 - Got the CALL!
        03/2014 - Start Date

Comment

• Smilingsmokey
          Smilingsmokey commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems the portal opens roughly every three or four months. Some of the openings, however, may be based on their current need. For example, some are specifically for current 1811s or vets.

• Thriller
          Thriller commented
          Editing a comment
          If you scroll up just a few postings before yours, you’ll see that there’s supposed to be an open period next week. The good news about your situation is that process takes a while. From reading previous postings, it seems to take several months just to get an interview and then several more months or a year to have a chance to go to training. So you’ll have plenty of time. I don’t suspect it will be nearly as fast as your MPD timeline posted in your signature box.

• Carinoso
          Carinoso commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I didn't even realize that my signature was posted. I haven't been on here since 2013 and I don't know how to get rid of my signature. lol. I'm with a different agency now. I saw that someone stated that they got a testing date for March so I may still apply since March seems like enough time to get to where I need to be.

• Is the new posting on 1/28 going to be open to all applicants or 1811?

Comment

• Carinoso
          Carinoso commented
          Editing a comment
          It says it’s open to all on the usajobs website

• Ok I got another (dumb) question. So after I spent like the whole weekend researching this position, The website doesn’t allow me to register as a new applicant and it also says that there is no open positions even though usajobs says otherwise. Am I doing something wrong here? Lol
        Last edited by Carinoso; 01-23-2019, 10:17 AM.
        MPD Application TimeLine

08/2013 - Submitted Application
        08/2013 - Orientation
        08/2013 - Mass Processing
        09/2013 - Polygraph
        11/2013 - Psych/Medical
        01/2014 - Preliminary Review
        01/2014 - Got the CALL!
        03/2014 - Start Date

Comment

• Caidoz
          Caidoz commented
          Editing a comment
          You aren't paying attention to details.

Our next recruiting period will be January 28 - Feb 2, 2019 (beginning Monday at 10:00 AM CST and ending Saturday at 10:00 AM CST). To apply visit*https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          What Caidoz said. USPIS doesn't let you register or go through the application motions until the day they say they're accepting applications. Be careful with relying on USA jobs, sometimes it is a posting for USPS OIG (different agency). USPIS is like Department of State the application process occurs on their websites.
          Last edited by Levithane; 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM.

• Carinoso
          Carinoso commented
          Editing a comment
          Copy. Thanks.

• MI scheduled next month. I told them I was ready today lol.

Comment

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!

10 char

• Defective454
          Defective454 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! You'll be good- dress nice and finish strong!

• Smilingsmokey
          Smilingsmokey commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate it folks. Hoping I can get in soon!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9515 users online. 395 members and 9120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X