Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some wicked nerves about this upcoming AC. I don’t like not being able to really prepare for exams/tests lol

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems pretty straightforward from the website. I haven't taken it, but I can't imagine it being any tougher than FBI Phase 2 or DSS Oral Assessment / BEX. All you can do it follow the instructions and give it your best shot. Good luck!

• I got the "thanks but not thanks" email just right now....I don't really get it. I did the IE back in November and everything seemed fine. How can I be most competitive in the FBI, HSI, DEA process but not for Postal Service? They didn't really give a reason. anyone have something similar and you asked them why and they let you know?

Comment

• LBJfan4life
      LBJfan4life commented
      Editing a comment
      If the last step you completed was the IE, then you may of not passed the business writing portion.

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      they said if we didn't pass, then we would hear something in a couple of weeks. its been like 6 months. and after talking to the lady she pretty much said that if you have a decent grasp on the English language you will pass. I write legal crap all day at work and never get anything kicked back to me, so Im confident that is not it, still super bummed.

• Esco
      Esco commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t worry about it. Keep applying.

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats your background if you don't mind me asking?

• New to the forum. I applied back in March, submitted my SF-86 about three weeks ago, and received a denial letter last Thursday. Yesterday morning, I received an e-mail to attend the IE. This is the first time I've ever been rejected, then receiving a go ahead to proceed in the process. I e-mailed them back and waiting for a response. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Comment

• jholsen
      jholsen commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a response this morning. Their applicant system wasn't updated at the time they sent me the invitation for the IE. Pretty bad mistake on their part if you ask me.

• chipperjones did the email say you were disqualified or did it just say that your application is currently being processed and you'll be contacted at a later time? Because if that's the case, that's a normal response by them

Comment

• zenryoman
      zenryoman commented
      Editing a comment
      The "competitive enough" line is BS. Do an FOA request if you'd like to track down where you went wrong. I did that and it helped me realize that I had discrepancies on my SF-86 that were unintentional and easily explained. Now, after fixing that, I am all set at another agency. The more you know,man.

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats good advice. Ill look into that. Do you mean FOIA? And how did you do it? I file it with OPM?

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      FOIA more than likely has to be filed with the associated agency.

• zenryoman
      zenryoman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, sorry, a FOIA request. I had submitted it to USPS and they forwarded that to USPIS. Seriously taught me to be explanatory in my remarks on each and every SF86.

• Who did you contact jholsen?

Comment

• jholsen
      jholsen commented
      Editing a comment
      The PIR Recruitment email. The exact email said:

“Our applicant system had not been updated at the time you were invited to and Accepted the Information Exchange (IE) invitation. You are ineligible to attend the IE. Our system has now been updated to reflect the change in status”.

• For everyone in process and who’ve helped answering questions: 1) thank you and 2) passed AC this week, took the poly (who knows) and was thoroughly impressed by facilities, process, and professionalism of the entire staff—from inspectors to Center personnel. I’m a June 2018 applicant. August is next academy from what they said. Don’t expect to make that if I pass everything else (also pending poly results) but hopefully in the near future, if so. Good luck to all!
    "Remember the most important play is the next one!"

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha back from the future eh? I'm guessing you meant June 2017. Congratulations, and good luck with the rest of the process.

• Defective454
      Defective454 commented
      Editing a comment
      Update: a day after getting back home from AC, I got a call to schedule a MI for 5/30/18! I was actually shocked as I thought it took at least a couple of weeks. I want to be excited, but still not out of the woods and no idea (if I pass the MI) if I will wait a couple of months or a couple of years to get an academy slot. Good luck to all.

• sten22
      sten22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck. The MI is the easiest part....Well, maybe the IE was, but the MI is definitely the icing on the cake.

Out of curiosity, how many folks in your AC group passed?

• Defective454
      Defective454 commented
      Editing a comment
      3 passed AC and went on to poly.

• Yes! It’s been a long week—June 2017 applicant

Comment

• Almost 1 year since my IE and still no word...anyone else in the same boat, and does anyone know when the next AC is?

Comment

• sten22
        sten22 commented
        Editing a comment
        They're ongoing, nearly each week.

• County_det
        County_det commented
        Editing a comment
        Still haven’t had an IE. Applied 3/17

• Mtn hkr
        Mtn hkr commented
        Editing a comment
        Applied in March ‘17. Completed eqip in June ‘17. Had IE October ‘17. Not a word since.

• Two questions:

1) Anyone completed their MI and still have "submitted" under "assessment center inbox exercise" in their applicant portal? Don't want any technicalities keeping me out of the runnings!

2) Anyone receive "the call" for the August 2018 class?

Good luck!

Comment

• sten22
        sten22 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a normal indication on the IRAS system.

• Defective454
        Defective454 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, was worried for a minute! Where you at in the process Sten?

• sten22
        sten22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on the hiring list just waiting for that phone to ring...or vibrate. I almost never have my ringer actually on anymore.

• Just a word of advice, be careful with Postal, they only allow you to apply twice in a lifetime. They stick to this too.

Comment

• So I applied twice back in 2014 and 2015 and I was disqualified because of technical issues regarding my Ecap. I applied again in March of 2017 and made it all the way thru to the IE, but no answer from them since then. Do you think me applying twice already is what is keeping my application on hold?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpa223 View Post
          So I applied twice back in 2014 and 2015 and I was disqualified because of technical issues regarding my Ecap. I applied again in March of 2017 and made it all the way thru to the IE, but no answer from them since then. Do you think me applying twice already is what is keeping my application on hold?
          If you made it that far your doing better than me. Im a current FED LEO. I was being flown to Maryland by the inspectors when my current position offered me a job. I took my current position because I was about to age out. After being in my current position for a few years I re-applied, but clicked not willing to accept locations anywhere in the US on my application by accident, they DQ'd me. When it opened again I emailed them my SS# as directed and asked to apply again. They were nice, but told me that it's their policy only to allow two attempts in the lifetime of an applicant. It made no difference that I was current LEO with SSBI completed and two graduate degrees lol. So, be careful when filling out the app. One mistake can be 1 of your 2 attempts. Maybe that's changed by now, but they sure told me no lol. I hope they have changed this policy, or do change it, loved every bit about the process when I went through the first time, really hoped to be an inspector. To make things worse, I have worked with the Inspectors on joint cases in my current position, allowing me an inside view of what they do, now I REALLY want to be an inspector lol.
          Last edited by LadyKiller; 06-04-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• divinefalcon
            divinefalcon commented
            Editing a comment
            Similar happened to me. I failed the AC. I reapplied (IRAS) and was told OK please submit new paperwork so we can schedule an AC. Unfortunately had to decline because I was in FLETC for another job. I reapplied a year later and was told sorry I could only apply twice. I explained this was the same application I submitted a year earlier and they said that's the policy (relatively new policy - not in place the first time around!). Their two "attempts" means two completed applications.

• March 17 Applicant, Completed the AC in Feb 18 and the polygraph a month later still haven't heard anything in nearly 3 months. Slowest hiring process of all federal agencies. Good luck to all

Comment

• County_det
            County_det commented
            Editing a comment
            Not the slowest...

• For any vets or 1811s out there, the portal opens June 11th (per their twitter feed).

Comment

• 8404_2Law
            8404_2Law commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the heads up

• March 2017 Applicant. Completed AC back in Sept 2017. Have not heard anything else. Any March 2017 applicants???

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            There are a bunch of us who still post in here ranging from some have completed all steps and awaiting final offers to some who haven’t take IE yet. I took IE in September and haven’t heard anything since.

• Hellomoto_25
            Hellomoto_25 commented
            Editing a comment
            Go back and read the last year worth of posts. It’ll give u an idea. A buddy of mine that applied with me in March 17 just hit the hiring pool officially today. I hit it a couple months ago.

But like ^ said, there are all kinds of timelines. Some haven’t even done the IE yet.

• Doxie_11
            Doxie_11 commented
            Editing a comment
            March 17 applicant, completed Mgmt interview 10/2017. Officially in hiring pool 11/2017. Not a peep since.

• sten22
            sten22 commented
            Editing a comment
            About the exact same here, Doxie, but I think that's normal. USPIS has to get the academy up and going again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8971 users online. 349 members and 8622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X