Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good authority says that two classes this year is happening. 14 weeks instead of 12 confirmed.

Comment

• PAR_
      PAR_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say fiscal if the 2 classes are in this years budget... It's my understanding IRS-CI is in a similar situation, 96 SA budgeted for this fiscal year.

• Hellomoto_25
      Hellomoto_25 commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s gonna be a lot of calls going out in the next few months then. Maybe that’s why I was getting the feeling from them that it’s coming soon.

I’m not opposed to waiting another year but we’ll see.

• Mtn hkr
      Mtn hkr commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you’re right!

• sten22
      sten22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would imagine FY if only because starting after 10/01 wouldn't allow enough time to finish both classes before Christmas and New Years. Correct me if i'm wrong, but in the past there were never classes over the holiday period.
      Last edited by sten22; 04-08-2018, 08:30 AM. Reason: Grammar.

• Well, I’m in the hiring pool.

Comment

• Hellomoto_25
      Hellomoto_25 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got an email about a week after my MI stating that I had successfully completed the hiring process and had been placed in the hiring pool.

• SD
      SD commented
      Editing a comment
      They told me during my MI that my background was completed. So I’m assuming they doing it before MI

• Montag84
      Montag84 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe the order for the process is: online application, eCap, eQIP, IE, AC, MI, offer, background/security clearance, drug test and medical (timing of these may be interchangeable or done at the same time). However, it is my understanding that they do a cursory review of your background to make sure you are not a felon, etc.
      Last edited by Montag84; 04-19-2018, 05:59 AM.

• sten22
      sten22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Montag84 is right. Interviews and the closeout are all pending until an offer is made. Some parts of the background are completed prior to the MI at least. My credit was checked and I'd guess the standard databases were polled.

• How many people attend an AC at once? Is there any way to get an idea of what to expect?

Comment

• CPAAPP
      CPAAPP commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha okay. Got my AC in May

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats CPA....when did they call you?

• CPAAPP
      CPAAPP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Beginning of this week got an email they were scheduling ACs.
      Last edited by CPAAPP; 04-20-2018, 05:10 PM.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool beans. Good luck.

• Rumor has it classes will start in July. Not sure how many they will run this year. A lot of openings in the western divisions it seems.

Fingers crossed for those of us that have been waiting way too long!!

Comment

• sten22
      sten22 commented
      Editing a comment
      All fingers and toes crossed.

• Hellomoto_25
      Hellomoto_25 commented
      Editing a comment
      So calls should start going out next month then.

• pirvoski
      pirvoski commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they've traditionally started calls about two months prior to the class date. Not always the case though.

• sten22
      sten22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if calls may be a little later than normal this go-around if there's concern or doubt about repairs meeting the anticipated deadline. It all depends on how much cushion was built into their schedule.

• No rumors or anything to pass on but t
    hings are still moving. I just passed my AC and it was a good experience. Bolger is really nice.

Comment

• Anyone on here who applied in March 2017 out of the NYC region and had their IE in June 2017, receive an invite for their AC yet?

Comment

• Question, not sure if this has come up, but my wife recently asked if Postal Inspectors utilize K9 teams in any capacity?

Comment

• sten22
          sten22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rodger that. Thanks for the input.

• Esco
          Esco commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t have our own but utilize them regularly.

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve worked with them on several occasions with my dog. And passed off stuff from the field.

• sten22
          sten22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, all, and Esco. It's obviously not a deal breaker, but I realized that I had no clue. It wasn't a pressing sort of question or issue at an IE or AC.

• I have a dumb question (or maybe not). We obviously need suits for day 2 and 3 (assuming we make it rock the poly). Did anyone wear a suit down on the first travel day?

Comment

• CPAAPP
          CPAAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          Great. Thanks for the reply.

• Deathcrown
          Deathcrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, ditto. Wear whatever during your first day. Second day you'll be suited up and then you'll have time to change into your PT gear for the run.

• CPAAPP
          CPAAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks deathcrown. Hopefully get to wear a suit the third day too for that poly lol

• Deathcrown
          Deathcrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, yes good point. Suit up for the poly too.

• Anyone else in the hiring pool received the "update your SF-86" email recently?

Comment

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got one at the end of the day at my AC. Before I got my notice that I passed the AC. Close to my year mark from when I applied. If that helps.

• ru run
          ru run commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep got mine couple days ago.

• All,

Good luck to all still in the process. I’m a June applicant and my AC is scheduled for later this month. Question for those who’ve went: did you get any directions on transportation or suggested hotel? I’ve received an email confirming my flight but nothing on the other two. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
        "Remember the most important play is the next one!"

Comment

• CPAAPP
          CPAAPP commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering the same thing. I was going to sit tight a little while longer before emailing them.

• Deathcrown
          Deathcrown commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll get instructions like 2 weeks before the AC that has all your flight info, directions, a map, etc.

Transportation is the only cost that's on you. I personally took the Super Shuttle; I booked it via their website before I went. It cost $35 but took nearly 2.5 hours to get there because you have to wait for them to drop off other people first. If you go direct (via taxi/uber/whatever) it'll be more expensive but, depending on traffic, should only be like a 15-20min ride. Super Shuttle also has a direct-to-destination option that's like...$70 or something. If I did it again, I'd probably do some direct option to give myself more time to settle in at Bolger.

There's no hotel suggestions because you stay in rooms there on site at the Bolger Center. It's a nice place. The food surprised me the most (in a good way); you'd have to watch yourself or you could easily gain some weight during training!

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rent a car. I go through Costco travel. It’s like $25/day. Cheaper than Uber. Didn’t even have to fill the thing. Didn’t use enough gas to move the needle.

It’s like a 35 min drive from the airport to the Bolger Center.

• I completed the IE last year. I have not heard anything back. Any suggestions on who to contact?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you have to wait to be contacted. There are a few of us on here still waiting for AC dates. In my opinion, they’re prioritizing applicants by critical skills but who really knows.

• Hellomoto_25
          Hellomoto_25 commented
          Editing a comment
          They have their way of ranking people and inviting people to the next steps. It’s like fairy dust and unicorns. A mystery.

• Esco
          Esco commented
          Editing a comment
          Some people sit in the system for years. Others get hired in a year or less. Sit tight man. Apply to other jobs that are open. FBI, SS, UD, Park and Capitol police are all open right now. Pretend like you didn’t apply move on and when they hit you up, do what they ask ASAP.

• Originally posted by Defective454 View Post
        All,

Good luck to all still in the process. I’m a June applicant and my AC is scheduled for later this month. Question for those who’ve went: did you get any directions on transportation or suggested hotel? I’ve received an email confirming my flight but nothing on the other two. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
        Thanks for the response guys/gals! Good luck
        "Remember the most important play is the next one!"

Comment

• Anyone have an idea on when the next announcement will be open and if they have prep guides for their written portion?

Comment

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there like a prep guide you would recommend to be successful on the exams and business writing test.

• Hellomoto_25
            Hellomoto_25 commented
            Editing a comment
            As their website says, the exam is on deductive and inductive reasoning. I’m sure you can google that and find stuff to help you understand those types of questions. USPIS aren’t the only ones using those tests. The more sample questions you can expose yourself to the better off you’ll be. Some agencies actually post sample tests. You might try looking at those.

• NCG128
            NCG128 commented
            Editing a comment
            How long was your process time line?

• Hellomoto_25
            Hellomoto_25 commented
            Editing a comment
            About a year and one month from application to hiring pool.

• I have some wicked nerves about this upcoming AC. I don’t like not being able to really prepare for exams/tests lol

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems pretty straightforward from the website. I haven't taken it, but I can't imagine it being any tougher than FBI Phase 2 or DSS Oral Assessment / BEX. All you can do it follow the instructions and give it your best shot. Good luck!

• I got the "thanks but not thanks" email just right now....I don't really get it. I did the IE back in November and everything seemed fine. How can I be most competitive in the FBI, HSI, DEA process but not for Postal Service? They didn't really give a reason. anyone have something similar and you asked them why and they let you know?

Comment

• LBJfan4life
            LBJfan4life commented
            Editing a comment
            If the last step you completed was the IE, then you may of not passed the business writing portion.

• chipperjones
            chipperjones commented
            Editing a comment
            they said if we didn't pass, then we would hear something in a couple of weeks. its been like 6 months. and after talking to the lady she pretty much said that if you have a decent grasp on the English language you will pass. I write legal crap all day at work and never get anything kicked back to me, so Im confident that is not it, still super bummed.

• Esco
            Esco commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn’t worry about it. Keep applying.

• Levithane
            Levithane commented
            Editing a comment
            Whats your background if you don't mind me asking?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6739 users online. 247 members and 6492 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X