300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cb1911 View Post
    I agree, I have plenty of LE experience (SWAT, Fraud Investigations, ect...) and I'm still waiting for the call....the USPIS has a method to the madness....we just don't know what that method is...lol...it's always hard waiting on something you want. I don't think you would have gotten this far if having no LE experience was a ding against you.
    +1 on above. I have 8 years, 4 of it federal and local investigative experience. I'm still waiting too. Don't sweat your quals. If your lack of LE experience was an issue, you wouldve been bumped long ago. Keep the faith. You're much closer than I am, since I'm still waiting on my BI to clear so I can attend my MI. LOL

Comment

• Just got a call from my background investigator. I will be meeting him next week to start the process. That was quick. I don't know how fast the process goes, but I am afraid it will be a little too quick and I am offered the April class. I know that sounds stupid, but my wife and I are expecting our first child April 15. We know I may be leaving shortly after for the May or July class. I just never thought April is a possibility. If for some reason I was offered April, does anyone know if they can guarantee me the same spot in the next class because of the birth of my child?

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmac25 View Post
        Just got a call from my background investigator. I will be meeting him next week to start the process. That was quick. I don't know how fast the process goes, but I am afraid it will be a little too quick and I am offered the April class. I know that sounds stupid, but my wife and I are expecting our first child April 15. We know I may be leaving shortly after for the May or July class. I just never thought April is a possibility. If for some reason I was offered April, does anyone know if they can guarantee me the same spot in the next class because of the birth of my child?
        FIRST, CONGRATS to you and your family!!! I would say that at the current pace of the April calls going out, you may miss the April class..looks like they will have the April class all set in the next few weeks or less...but that's just my estimation. Your BI should take about 2-4 weeks to complete (depending on the investigator)...then your MI...so if you get done with all that in say late Feb or March, I would look for you to be in the pool for the May or July classes......don't know if they will recycle you, but you have a very unique situation...so I hope they would take that into consideration and work something out!!!

just my 2 cents though

Comment

• I'd ask....but I know with most other agencies, a lot of them will not defer (especially if they have a huge list to go off of). You will go back to the end of the list and/or toss off it and have to reapply.

If you really want the job....you may have some tough choices to make.

Good luck.

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't worry about April...
            sigpic

Comment

If for some reason I was offered April, does anyone know if they can guarantee me the same spot in the next class because of the birth of my child?
              It would take a miracle to get a call for April, but if you did get that call and decline you will be placed on the secondary file. They would call all the other 70 (and growing by the day) pool of applicants before they called you back...
              sigpic

Comment

Just got a call from my background investigator. I will be meeting him next week to start the process. That was quick. I don't know how fast the process goes, but I am afraid it will be a little too quick and I am offered the April class. I know that sounds stupid, but my wife and I are expecting our first child April 15. We know I may be leaving shortly after for the May or July class. I just never thought April is a possibility. If for some reason I was offered April, does anyone know if they can guarantee me the same spot in the next class because of the birth of my child?
                WOW. I took my poly 2 weeks ago and they still don't have my results, so they can't start my BI yet! That was FAST.
                Last edited by tsfl89; 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Well, just to let everyone know, I declined the offer. Still can't believe I declined, but it was the right thing to do given my situation. I wish things would have worked out, but oh well. Hopefully someone on this forum will get a call for that slot. The Inspector told me I would go back into the pool but made no guarantee I would be called again or offered a local spot. She didn't seem like it was all doom and gloom. From talking to her, it seemed like there is a real possibility of being called again. Does anybody know anyone who turned down an offer and was called back?

Also for those asking, yesterday she said the April class was not full yet, but only a few slots left. She also told me she had another candidate for the April class decline their offer. Sounds like relocation might be an issue. My only knock on the whole process is that at every step they said they would hire local. Of course I know I signed the form stating they can move you wherever, but like others stated on here, they sure do make it seem like you will be hired out of the local office. That is one of the reasons I wanted to join USPIS. Good luck to all, and I hope I get another opportunity to join you.

Comment

• Sorry to hear Brumus... good luck to you!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Brumus, you had to make a very difficult choice. Hope that no mater what happens it works out for you. I am still waiting for that call HOPEFULLY sooner then later only 2 classes after this one.

Comment

• Brumus....It saddens me that you had to decline!!! Best of luck to you...... and GOD Bless you and your family!!!

Comment

• Thanks for the support guys. 14USC, I saw on the other forum that someone said there are 70 in the pool. I wonder if that is before or after the first two classes being filled. I ask because from the post it seemed like the Inspectors told them there are four classes being held and there are currently 70 in the pool. But if you take away the 48 that are going to the Feb and April class, that would leave 38 currently in the pool for the remaining 48 slots. I hope that is the case as there is a good chance that all those through the process now will get a call. Even gives me a small glimmer of hope I get a second shot. I am still regretting the decision. I am now thinking I could have made it work. I just wish they gave you more than 22 hours to make a decision. It usually takes me at least 24 hours to think rationally

Comment

• I had heard the number hovering between 60-80... so about 70 sounds right.

I have found out that things have a mysterious way of working out... If you go back a little bit in the USPIS post in the other forum, you will see that there was some people that declined and then got called back... Lets cross our finger you get another call!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Thanks guys. I really didn't think April was realistic. I am fine with May or July. I just want a spot in a class this year lol. Has anyone that was told or asked if it was okay that they be hired in their home domicile before the AC been hired in their home domicile? It seems a lot of people that are posting haven't been. Of course there are others not on the forum so who knows.

Comment

• I was told I wold be hired locally (SOCAL)... I was offered a job in the Pacific North West... I'm happy about that one.

On the other board, a guy was hired and is staying in the same city. I think Bushnome is also staying local...
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7394 users online. 448 members and 6946 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X