Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Brumus....I completed the poly in Sept and MI in Oct. I'm not sure how the folks are selected in the pool but maybe you should try reaching out to someone. I know we were in the same boat and hopefully you'll get a call soon. Good luck to you and everyone else in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by 14USC89a View Post
      Well, things are looking like they are going to start moving soon. If you are in the pool the future looks pretty good!!!
      How long have you been in the process? I applied 2 YEARS AGO and haven't heard anything. My application was moving quickly at first. Took a couple online tests, went to an information exchange, and completed my SF-86 back then. They then started a hiring freeze and I never heard anything again. Anyone in the same boat?

I got another Fed job in the meantime, but would still like to go there. Guess I should make some calls....

Comment

Originally posted by Brumus View Post
        14USC, please elaborate. I have completed my updated BI, but haven't heard anything regarding poly or MI. What have you been hearing?
        Sorry bro, I spoke with 3 friends of mine in the PI. They are going to hold at least 2 classes starting this spring. They are likely hire from outside USPS... that should mean at least a few seats for us!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsfl89 View Post
          How long have you been in the process? I applied 2 YEARS AGO and haven't heard anything. My application was moving quickly at first. Took a couple online tests, went to an information exchange, and completed my SF-86 back then. They then started a hiring freeze and I never heard anything again. Anyone in the same boat?

I got another Fed job in the meantime, but would still like to go there. Guess I should make some calls....
          Dont use me as a barometer! I started in 2003!!! Ha!

In 2005-7 they moved a few people thru the initial steps... I havent heard of any more Acessment Centers... That will be your next step. If history holds true with USPIS, lots of people take up to 4 years to get a job with them!

Good luck!
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the update. I guess I shouldn't panic just yet then, considering there is still plenty of time to conduct my poly and MI again. I am still going to e-mail them and see what is up. I know you all applied a little earlier than me (I applied Oct 07), so I am just hoping they are doing it by application date and I will be getting my call soon. I always seem to be a month or two behind you!

Comment

At this point, I would love nothing else more than we all to get a class together! It would be fun... I just wish Dubya could be there with us
              sigpic

Comment

At this point, I would love nothing else more than we all to get a class together! It would be fun... I just wish Dubya could be there with us
                Thanks USC!! I'll be there in "spirit". Will be good to see some of y'all that have been in the pipeline for decades finally get a slot!! Just get in there and win one for the "DubyaB'er"!!
                Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be known as the children of God."

Comment

Originally posted by DubyaB View Post
                  Thanks USC!! I'll be there in "spirit". Will be good to see some of y'all that have been in the pipeline for decades finally get a slot!! Just get in there and win one for the "DubyaB'er"!!
                  Does anyone know if the application process mirrors the process for USPS OIG?

Comment

Originally posted by TXICE View Post
                    Does anyone know if the application process mirrors the process for USPS OIG?
                    I can tell you that it's not even close. At least, as far as I've been in the process with USPIS. You apply with USPIS, then if you're qualified you take an online test. If you pass, you go to an information exchange and another in person test. That's as far as I've been. Apparently, next you go to an Assessment Center which I've heard is an interview and more testing (according to a Postal Inspector buddy.....though this was 2 years ago. hahaha). I'm sure others on this forum have been in the process longer and can give you more info than I, since some have been in the process for almost 4 years! Obviously, USPIS takes a while! Some Inspectors I know waited so long that they forgot they had an application in when they were contacted to update their info.

Comment

You pretty much nailed it. The process for USPIS is as follows:
                      Online Application - Online Test - Information Exchange - Assessment Center - Poligraph - Background Investigation - Management interview - Job Offer (with location) - Medical - Basic Inspector Training - Post BIT training (at domicile).

Last time they opened for online apps was in mid 2008. I heard a while back that the applicants that hadnt been selected fof the assessment prior to the hiring freeze, would have to re-start their application process when it opens again. This may or may not be true...
                      sigpic

Comment

You pretty much nailed it. The process for USPIS is as follows:
                        Online Application - Online Test - Information Exchange - Assessment Center - Poligraph - Background Investigation - Management interview - Job Offer (with location) - Medical - Basic Inspector Training - Post BIT training (at domicile).

Last time they opened for online apps was in mid 2008. I heard a while back that the applicants that hadnt been selected fof the assessment prior to the hiring freeze, would have to re-start their application process when it opens again. This may or may not be true...
                        I can actually speak for this part. I applied during that final open season and haven't been to an Assessment Center yet. I checked on my app this week (forgot about it until I saw this thread) and was told I was still active. I was also advised to fax them my new employment information to update my file.
                        Last edited by tsfl89; 11-18-2010, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Glad they didnt deactivate your application. I originally applied in 2003, they went in to a hiring freeze and my applicatio nwas discarted. I had to reapply in 2005... Has it really being 5 years??? :O
                          sigpic

Comment

I've been waiting since 2005 USC so I feel your pain! It's going to be worth it pretty soon.

Comment

Bro... I hope you are right! I'm still waiting for my poly guy to call me... I had to reschedule for a deployment...

Once I get pass my 2nd MI I will feel better!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I wonder how many people are left in the pipeline... cant be many more...
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7352 users online. 447 members and 6905 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X