300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for employment

I am looking to get into law enforcement. I live in North Alabama and want to stay close. Ive applied to every local agency close by that has openings and haven't heard anything back. I really do not want to work federal. I know experience is preferred but how am I supposed to get my foot in the door? Any advise would be great. Thanks.

Originally posted by ufpoolman View Post
    I am looking to get into law enforcement. I live in North Alabama and want to stay close. Ive applied to every local agency close by that has openings and haven't heard anything back. I really do not want to work federal. I know experience is preferred but how am I supposed to get my foot in the door? Any advise would be great. Thanks.
    What part of North Alabama? Huntsville PD is always hiring.
    Big Brother is watching

Comment

Unfortunately, you are severely limiting yourself - as someone with no experience - in applying to a single local area. It can certainly be done, but it's certainly an uphill climb. Have you thought of applying in another part of the country, where jobs might be more plentiful, then moving back when you have experience and, thus, more options?

No one who wants to live in a particular place likes to do it this way, but most have done so in order to get where they wanted.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Green Line is completely right!

If you want a job in LE you have to be tenacious and very flexible on where you are willing to go. Their are a lot of federal agencies that are looking for people.

The best advice I can give you is google, google, google. There are plenty of LEO positions out there you just have to look and apply.

On a brighter note if you look in to the 2011 Presidential Budget Request DOJ and Law Enforcement are huge parts of it. They are expecting and I could be wrong 50,000 LEO type of positions to be funded in 2011.

To get a position it is all about networking and meeting anybody in the field and developing relationships. I wish you the best of luck.

They have a by state section on this forum. Go on there and look at all of the states you are interested in and talk to the people on that forum. Good luck!
        Information Session: May 2009
        Interview: Jun 2009
        Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
        BI Cleared: Jan 2010
        Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
        FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

Dallas PD is a great place for no prior experience.

Standards are a tad below average and a great out of towner testing is great. Contact a recruiter they will tell you all about DPD.

Great retirement too

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10446 users online. 364 members and 10082 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X