Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about POST requirements for jobs

Hey everyone

So I'm filling out some job applications for LE and Corrections and I have a question regarding POST that I'm thinking too much into...dont ask why

I came across a job for the Nevada Dept of Corrections for a Correctional Officer and one of the notes on the jobs states :Applicants must meet current Peace Officer Standards Training (POST) requirements as established in the Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Code.

Does this mean I have to be POST certified when I apply? I'm not from Nevada and I dont want to travel there to take a POST exam just to come back home and apply online. I've never held a job in LE or Corrections obviously so i'm a rookie for this stuff. I would've asked this on the Nevada board but no one is on that ever. Thanks and I hope i'm not sounding to ignorant with this question, school has made me think too much into things.

Yes, all peace officers (including corrections officers) must be certified by POST in one fashion or another. Generally, uniformed cops like Metro and North Las Vegas are Category I POST certified. Investigators are usually Category II by statute (but some agencies still require you to get a Category I by preference). Corrections officers are Category III. You must go through an amended type of academy to get this certification. Nevada is a reciprocity state which accepts POST certificates from most states. I hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8794 users online. 471 members and 8323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X