300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Proposes To Freeze Agency Budgets

"The White House says Obama will propose a three-year freeze on domestic agency budgets, though the savings would barely make a dent. It hasn't said whether Obama will proposes tax hikes or cuts to spiraling benefit programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security."

Dont know how will this affect hiring. It probably will.
    Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
    --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Read the rest of the announcement. Military, DHS, and anything related to National Security will be explicitly excluded.

Will there be cuts, sure, but it's not going to stop all hiring. Not to mention it wouldn't go into affect until October, and even then the first year will only result in no more than $15 billion in budget cuts government-wide.

Comment

Yes, these "cuts" are a serious joke.
      Last edited by flyer2007; 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I agree that is a complete an utter smokescreen and a sound byte for him to look like he is doing something.

I just don't know what exactly will this affect. I don't know if DOJ is excluded or just DHS. The article i read did not get into specifics.
        Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
        --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

Originally posted by nycfed View Post
          "The White House says Obama will propose a three-year freeze on domestic agency budgets, though the savings would barely make a dent. It hasn't said whether Obama will proposes tax hikes or cuts to spiraling benefit programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security."

Dont know how will this affect hiring. It probably will.
          lol way to read the entire announcement.

Comment

15 billion is a nothing for the US government compared to all the money spent on bailout packages. This will do nothing.

Comment

A great way to help pay down a $ 12,399,563,363,619 national debt.
              They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                A great way to help pay down a $ 12,399,563,363,619 national debt.

That's much more managable!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post

Now that's some serious CHANGE!!!

Maybe they should contact Kevin Kline and Charles Grodin from the movie Dave. They balanced the budget in a night over a bratwurst.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD Once View Post
                    Now that's some serious CHANGE!!!

Maybe they should contact Kevin Kline and Charles Grodin from the movie Dave. They balanced the budget in a night over a bratwurst.
                    They'd need a year in a bratwurst factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post

And I was worried about 30K in student loans....

Comment

This would be a freeze, not a cut, in discretionary spending for non-defense and non-national security related programs and agencies. So basically whatever your agencies budget is for FY2010 will be their budget for FY2011.

Dept of transportation/interior/agriculture/energy etc will have their budgets frozen. One article I found stated that some DOJ law enforcement initiatives may be scaled back, because of the freeze.

Again, his freezes would have to be approved by Congress, which is now far from a sure thing. Budgets for FY2010 will not be affected. Should be an interesting speech tonight and I can't wait to see his budget when he releases it on feb 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
                          One article I found stated that some DOJ law enforcement initiatives may be scaled back, because of the freeze.
                          Isn't that precious? They'll scale back DOJ LE initiatives just so they can throw money at crooks with suits.

Comment

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

I hate Obama. He is ruining our country, making it worse then it was before. I'm so glad that all the people who are to lazy to work are now abel to have insurance on us. Your welcome. I guess he needs to help the "people" who voted him in.

Comment

Here comes the haterade.... Can't we keep it professional?

You do realize lots of working class folks can't afford insurance right big guy? Maybe we should just execute them. Would that appease you Mark?

Your post is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors and reeks of prejudice and racism. I don't speak for anyone else on the forum, but it doesn't belong here.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10842 users online. 511 members and 10331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X