300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEA Agent Duties

Hello people, I am considering applying to become a DEA SA. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that can tell me about the duties of a special agent. Do all of them at one point in time or on a recurring basis have to go on raids and busts? Or do some just do investigations and analytical duties while others do the more dangerous stuff?

I know the dea.gov site and the USAJobs job description details some of the duties; however, I just wanted to hear from someone out there that is an actual agent, or that has some information.

I apologize beforehand if this information has already been discussed in another thread. I wont be offended if I am redirected to an existing thread. Thanks in advance. I know this information will be useful to many considering applying under the new announcement coming up soon.

I am not a DEA agent and I don't play one on TV but I do work with them on occasion. Absolutely, as an agent you are expected to participate in enforcement operations when needed. If you prefer analytical work in an office you may be better off applying to be an intel analyst.
    Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by miggitymack View Post
      Hello people, I am considering applying to become a DEA SA. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that can tell me about the duties of a special agent. Do all of them at one point in time or on a recurring basis have to go on raids and busts? Or do some just do investigations and analytical duties while others do the more dangerous stuff?

I know the dea.gov site and the USAJobs job description details some of the duties; however, I just wanted to hear from someone out there that is an actual agent, or that has some information.

I apologize beforehand if this information has already been discussed in another thread. I wont be offended if I am redirected to an existing thread. Thanks in advance. I know this information will be useful to many considering applying under the new announcement coming up soon.
      Based on the context of your post, it seems you don't want any part in the "dangerous stuff." If so, my recommendation is to look at other positions within DEA if that agency interests you. For example, Diversion Investigators in DEA investigate medical prescription drugs, but do not carry a gun, badge, go on raids, etc. like their Special Agent counterparts. Also, if you dig the "analytical stuff," I'd suggest looking into the DEA's Intelligence Analyst positions. All these jobs contribute to the DEA mission, and equally important in getting the job done.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your helpful responses--definitely something I'll really have to consider before applying.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18033 users online. 500 members and 17533 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X