• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tp2020
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2009

DEA, Marshal, FBI Tactical Teams

-----------------------------------
    Last edited by tp2020; 03-24-2016, 01:56 PM.
  • madchiken
    Relocation Expert
    • Aug 2004

Here's another option for you:

USBP SRT

BORTAC

More BORTAC

Comment

• swotivated
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2009

The FBI has a tactical recruiting program (TRP). Getting hired under the program guarantees you a shot at HRT after a few years. The requirements are below, if you qualify it sounds like a great deal.

Must have at least 3 years of tactical experience in either law enforcement or the military.
      Law Enforcement Experience:

* With a Federal Agency tactical team (This category includes all Military Police.).

* Or with a Local/County/State Agency or Department tactical team.

- Full-time tactical team experience will carry more weight than part-time experience.

- Completion of continuing education courses in at least three of the following: Basic SWAT • Advanced SWAT • Hostage Rescue • High Risk Arrest • Barricaded Subject • Basic Sniper/Observer • Advanced Sniper/Observer • Tactical Firearms • Mechanical Breaching

Military Experience – Army
      Combat Arms experience. Service in Special Forces Group or Ranger Regiment will carry more weight.

Military Experience – Navy
      Must have served in the Naval Special Warfare Community as a SEAL or Naval Special Warfare Officer.

Military Experience – Marine Corps
      Combat Arms experience.

Military Experience – Air Force
      Must have served in Combat Controller, Combat Rescue (Pararescue), or Tactical Air Control Party fields.

Comment

• ICEAGENT
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2007

If you really want "tactical" experience you are wasting your time trying to start at the federal level. You have a much better chance at getting on a SWAT team at the local/state level. And if combat tactics experience is what you really want, you should consider the military instead.
        Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

• Bearcat357
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ICEAGENT
          If you really want "tactical" experience you are wasting your time trying to start at the federal level. You have a much better chance at getting on a SWAT team at the local/state level.
          Err....I guess you didn't read his comments...

He is already working as a local SWAT Officer and wants to take it up a step to the Feds......and do the same thing at Fed level......

To the OP...My advice is to get with the local Federal Agencies that have teams and talk to them one-on-one.....and see what they have to say instead of some of the assclowns on here.....

At least you will be getting factal info.....and/or know where to go find it.....

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2002

His profile says he's a student so I think he's using the "working with" loosely.

Comment

• Green_Latern21
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Bearcat357

He is already working as a local SWAT Officer and wants to take it up a step to the Feds......and do the same thing at Fed level......

To the OP...My advice is to get with the local Federal Agencies that have teams and talk to them one-on-one.....and see what they have to say instead of some of the assclowns on here.....

At least you will be getting factal info.....and/or know where to go find it.....
              He said he is a college student working "with" his local PD and "with" the SWAT team.

His profile says he is not a sworn leo. Sounds like he's an intern or something.

Comment

• Jarhead_FBI_SA
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by tp2020
                I am wanting to know any info advice that I could get about these three or any other federal agencies tactical divisions? I am a college senior and have always wanted to work for a federal agency. I curently work with my local department more importantly with the swat team. I have always loved doing the things that they do but I want to do it on a larger scale. I know a little about the FBI HRT and the regional swat teams and that you have to be an agent for a few years first before you can try out. However I dont know anything abot the US Marshals SOG like their requirements or what they do. The one I am most interested in is the DEA fast team, I love that they do alot of overseas work I love to travel and that looks like it would be the one that may fit me best. Although I dont know anything about them I do know what their primary job is. I have tried looking up info on them but to no avail. I have heard that as soon as you become an agent you can try out but I dont know if thats true or not. So I would really like to learn more about them like their training, requirments, what they do when not overseas, and even a lil more about whatthey do when they are overseas because I hve the jist of what they do. If there are any other federal agencies that may fit in with what Im looking for which is lots of travel, and a tactical team please feel free telling me about them.
                Marine infantry. Everything you are looking for, and more.
                Big Brother is watching

Comment

• ICEAGENT
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Bearcat357

I as well as others interpreted the OP as a college student who interns with the local PD. My point was that the federal tac teams like HRT are smaller and much more competitive to join than local ones. Additionally, for federal you have to be an agent first, which as has been stated on here numerous times is not an easy job to get right out of college. Lastly, again as we have discussued numerous times, most 1811's are not out there suiting up and kicking doors every day, so if that is what he wants I recommend looking at local/state LE. JMO.
                  Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

• Jarhead_FBI_SA
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ICEAGENT
                    I as well as others interpreted the OP as a college student who interns with the local PD. My point was that the federal tac teams like HRT are smaller and much more competitive to join than local ones. Additionally, for federal you have to be an agent first, which as has been stated on here numerous times is not an easy job to get right out of college. Lastly, again as we have discussued numerous times, most 1811's are not out there suiting up and kicking doors every day, so if that is what he wants I recommend looking at local/state LE. JMO.
                    Sounds to me like he wants to be a SOF guy.
                    Big Brother is watching

Comment

• Bearcat357
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007

My bad.... I finally was able to decipher through that nonsense to see that he is a college kid....that has no paragraph skills.......
                      Last edited by Bearcat357; 01-25-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• izamsilas
                        Morum Fember
                        • Aug 2009

I am a college senior and have always wanted to work for a federal agency.
                        Not that it matters, but that looks like the confusion. What does it matter? FBI tactical teams are not the same as DEA FAST, and not the same as USMS SOG. To begin with you have to want to be an 1811, and then be HIRED as an 1811, put in your time and try out for a team. If the OP's goal is to do tactical work, there is more than enough tactical work that needs to be done in the USMIL environment.

Comment

• Squared Away
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by tp2020
                          I am wanting to know any info advice that I could get about these three or any other federal agencies tactical divisions? I am a college senior and have always wanted to work for a federal agency. I curently work with my local department more importantly with the swat team. I have always loved doing the things that they do but I want to do it on a larger scale. I know a little about the FBI HRT and the regional swat teams and that you have to be an agent for a few years first before you can try out. However I dont know anything abot the US Marshals SOG like their requirements or what they do. The one I am most interested in is the DEA fast team, I love that they do alot of overseas work I love to travel and that looks like it would be the one that may fit me best. Although I dont know anything about them I do know what their primary job is. I have tried looking up info on them but to no avail. I have heard that as soon as you become an agent you can try out but I dont know if thats true or not. So I would really like to learn more about them like their training, requirments, what they do when not overseas, and even a lil more about whatthey do when they are overseas because I hve the jist of what they do. If there are any other federal agencies that may fit in with what Im looking for which is lots of travel, and a tactical team please feel free telling me about them.
                          All good advice given by everyone else.

The units you are interested in are all high speed/low drag raw dog outfits.

Top notch. Unbelievably competitive.

Comment

• tp2020
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2009

==================
                            Last edited by tp2020; 03-24-2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• CO1259
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2006

You do not "work with" SWAT. You're allowed to hang out around them. Big difference. Guys who work as Patrol officers "work with" SWAT.

As for your question, you're gonna have to put in your time in any job before they let you play with the big dogs. Unless you come out of some high speed military unit, expect a BARE MINIMUM 3 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17871 users online. 20 members and 17851 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...