Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPM Background Investigator

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thanks for the reply

    Good to know Bonekracker. Thanks for the reply.

    Comment


    • #32
      The three or four guys I know work for OPM in the Midwest all are prior-LEOs..... Just opted to get out of LE for more of a M-F/9-5 type job.

      They all like the job and have been overseas a few times (volunteered to go) and had a blast.....

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by matyoka View Post
        I bet that old guy who came out to you (if you ever applied for a Federal Job)... makes more money than most people you know. People should read up on things before posting ridiculous statements.

        My first federal BI was conductor by a woman in her early 20s with the IQ of a house plant. She made about 35k per year in the most expensive city in the US. My second federal BI was conducted by a male in his 30s who was doing it until, "the fire department gives me the call". My 3rd federal BI was conducted by a retired SAC of INS NYC field office. He said he was doing it to get out of the house.

        So I know a thing or two about federal BI. Now go stamp some docs.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SHU View Post
          My first federal BI was conductor by a woman in her early 20s with the IQ of a house plant. She made about 35k per year in the most expensive city in the US. My second federal BI was conducted by a male in his 30s who was doing it until, "the fire department gives me the call". My 3rd federal BI was conducted by a retired SAC of INS NYC field office. He said he was doing it to get out of the house.
          Once again....it all depends if they are contractors or if they are OPM Investigators on how much they get paid..... Those sound like contractors (the jobs I've seen on the contract side don't seem to make jack) as OPM starts most off at the GS-9 level and jouney's them at the 12 level..... Supervisors are 13/14.......

          Originally posted by SHU View Post
          So I know a thing or two about federal BI.
          So do a lot of folks on here....... Yippee for you....

          Originally posted by SHU View Post
          Now go stamp some docs.
          Nice slam..... Grow up....

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SHU View Post
            So I know a thing or two about federal BI. Now go stamp some docs.
            Just wondering what this line was supposed to mean? I realize you may have your own impression about OPM background investigators, but it sounds like you really don't know much about them or their job. Feel free to correct me if I read into that wrong.

            Comment


            • #36
              I recently use to date this woman that is a background investigator with OPM. She liked the job, and they started her at GS9. Most of the days she would work from home and not have to go into the office.
              God Bless America

              101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
              3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

              ICE 1811
              Applied: 6/22/09
              Exam: 7/24/2009
              SI/WA: 3/2/2010
              The Call: October 26, 2010
              PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Anyone know if they will open more vacancies in the Baltimore/DC area. The wife is looking to get into this. I think it would work well for her and the family.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by manstown View Post
                  Anyone know if they will open more vacancies in the Baltimore/DC area. The wife is looking to get into this. I think it would work well for her and the family.
                  My buddy in the Midwest has said to keep an eye out.....he seems to think they will be hiring more in the near future.....

                  Right now they have Atlanta, Houston, Fayetteville NC, and Charlotte, NC open......

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Appreciate it. Did our buddy get back to you?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by manstown View Post
                      Did our buddy get back to you?
                      Not yet....and I did do what I said I was going to do concerning your agency....

                      If he doesn't soon....I will start spilling dirt on him...& you can tell him (tactfully of course) that I said that....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by manstown View Post
                        Anyone know if they will open more vacancies in the Baltimore/DC area. The wife is looking to get into this. I think it would work well for her and the family.
                        I know there's a BIG TDY push from other regions helping out in the Capital region currently. I'm only making the assumption that the workload is too much and that they would be hiring in the near future.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Heard that from some others. Lets hope. I think the working from home and being able to get out and do some work will do well for her. She'll be able to have her time and won't feel too bad for having the kids in daycare. If anyone gets wind or word of it happening give me a holler. Appreciate it bone.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Dude do you feel the need to comment on every single post every person on here makes? I've seen countless threads where you have some comment for everything.

                            Wait, disregard my last, I just took a look at your post count and that answered my question. Get a hobby.


                            Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Once again....it all depends if they are contractors or if they are OPM Investigators on how much they get paid..... Those sound like contractors (the jobs I've seen on the contract side don't seem to make jack) as OPM starts most off at the GS-9 level and jouney's them at the 12 level..... Supervisors are 13/14.......



                            So do a lot of folks on here....... Yippee for you....



                            Nice slam..... Grow up....

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              Dude do you feel the need to comment on every single post every person on here makes? I've seen countless threads where you have some comment for everything.
                              Gee.....I made a contribution to this thread.... actually several.....and ended up meeting someone I should know if I ever go back to the Midwest......

                              WHILE

                              You just ran your mouth and looked like an asshat....because you are in fact a complete asshat that had nothing to contribute to this thread....other than trying to mock a fellow FLEO.....

                              If folks started bashing BOP (where you came from) and/or US Border Patrol (where you are at) you would be the first one whining and crying to the Mods because of sand in your vagina....... and begging folks to be banned...

                              Grow up......
                              Last edited by Bearcat357; 02-19-2010, 02:41 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Grow up huh? You are insulting me like a child on a play ground. Look at your post below. Dude I have never begged for anyone to be banned for anything on this forum. I do not even know who the mods are. Why? Because it is the internet dude. It's no big deal. This thing might be the be all end all to you but to me, it's not my life or my wife. I couldn't care less about your know it all comments. Anyone can talk trash about the BOP. I worked there and I have earned that right but if you want to trash them as well I couldn't care less. It's a hug a thug agency and anyone who has worked in a state penn prior to going there knows it. And the BP is not perfect but I like it a lot but hey it's a free country so if anyone wants to trash it, be my guest. If they are trashing it I doubt they have ever worked for the Patrol but whatever. And what is your deal man. Are you some kind of internet stalker or something? I must have touched a nerve with the post count comment. Now go make the last comment and live your life and I'll live mine. Disregard me in the future and I will pay you the same courtesy.
                                I wish you well.




                                Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                                Gee.....I made a contribution to this thread.... actually several.....and ended up meeting someone I should know if I ever go back to the Midwest......

                                WHILE

                                You just ran your mouth and looked like an asshat....because you are in fact a complete asshat that had nothing to contribute to this thread....other than trying to mock a fellow FLEO.....

                                If folks started bashing BOP (where you came from) and/or US Border Patrol (where you are at) you would be the first one whining and crying to the Mods because of sand in your vagina....... and begging folks to be banned...

                                Grow up......

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9652 users online. 406 members and 9246 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X