Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Abilities Assessment Test???

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of trying to get hired onto the Hillsborough County Sherrif Department. I passed the CJBAT easily and the Civil Service test, now I'm scheduled next month to do the Physical Assessment Test. I was hoping that many of you would'nt mind sharing your experience in doing the PAT test. Was it hard or easy for you? Did they give you a break in between certain parts of the test to regain your Stamina. Do they ride your *** as a way to encourage you to push yourself? In the 1.5 mile run do they make you run on a track or do they have a mapped path for you to run? Etc. Here are the requirements through HCSO that are, up until until a few years ago, PASS or FAIL.

-20 Push-ups in 1 minute(minimum)
    -25 Sit-ups in 1 minute(minimum)
    -14" Vertical Leap(minimum)
    -300 Meter run 69 Seconds(maximum)
    -1 1/2 Mile run-15 Minutes(maximum)

If the test were today I would not have a problem passing the first 4 requirements with flying colors. On the other hand the 1.5 Mile run in 15 minutes would. It has been a long time(up until 5 days ago)in which I excercise running. Since its been a while, I just have a problem with the learning how to control my breathing while running long distances for a period of time part of it, without running out of breath. Fortunately I still have a month to prepare and in the past 5 days of running I can already see some improvements. How did some of you do on this part of the test espescially? Your input would be much appreciated!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8310 users online. 181 members and 8129 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X