300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which announcement to apply under

I'm considering applying to a few jobs that have 2 announcements: 1 for the public and 1 for "status" candidates, but both for the same position.

Is there any advantage to applying to one type of announcement over the other? Any advantage to applying to both?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    I'm considering applying to a few jobs that have 2 announcements: 1 for the public and 1 for "status" candidates, but both for the same position.

Is there any advantage to applying to one type of announcement over the other? Any advantage to applying to both?
    You have to have "status" to apply for the those particular announcements. This basically means that you are currently or formerly a federal employee with the ability to be reinstated.

Comment

From 911 Fourms..... The guy that answered your question over there knows his suff....

Originally posted by nsedet View Post
      The candidate pool is often different between status and competitive announcements, as are the cert lists and selection options available to the selected official. With a merit promotion announcement, the selecting official can select any eligible candidate on the list, whereas under competitive announcements the selection usually has to be made from one of the top three candidates. With merit promotion, the selecting official may receive multiple lists, one with merit promotion eligibles and another with candidates eligible under non-competitive means (VRA, lateral transfer). This means that for any one announcement opened under both merit and public methods, the selecting official will receive at least two and usually more separate lists, even more if it is a multiple grade announcement.

Most candidates who are eligible for merit promotion announcements are better off applying that way because they have better odds at making the list and being reachable, as opposed to needing to be in the top 3 on the public list. Applying to both public and merit announcements is even better, though, if you can do it because it further increases your odds of making one or more lists and getting your name/application in front of the hiring manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
        This basically means that you are currently or formerly a federal employee with the ability to be reinstated.
        Or prior military and fall under VEOA or VRA status.....

Comment

Also, if you are a Status candidate, you can apply under both announcements if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            From 911 Fourms..... The guy that answered your question over there knows his suff....
            Yeah, I cross posted here just for the broader exposure.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13228 users online. 350 members and 12878 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X