Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USMS/DEA Resume Question

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • USMS/DEA Resume Question

    I'm currently wrapping up a degree in Criminology within the next year, and will then move immediately into my masters program. For the past three years, I've been in Army ROTC, but am now considering quitting this program. One reason is that because of budget junk, and govt. cuts, I only had two years of school paid for by the Army, but they expect me to continue paying out of pocket, and still owing them 8 years of my life.

    I would like to quit, and continue working part time in LE while going to school, as well as EMS. If I have a background with LE training, EMS/Fire, and military training, would I even have a chance for applying to USMS or DEA? I feel like by quitting I won't have much to prove myself with. Also, I'm only 21, so young and dumb.

    Very unsure at this point as to what I should do, so I am looking for any feedback. Thanks all!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Zach Smith View Post
    I'm currently wrapping up a degree in Criminology within the next year, and will then move immediately into my masters program. For the past three years, I've been in Army ROTC, but am now considering quitting this program. One reason is that because of budget junk, and govt. cuts, I only had two years of school paid for by the Army, but they expect me to continue paying out of pocket, and still owing them 8 years of my life.

    I would like to quit, and continue working part time in LE while going to school, as well as EMS. If I have a background with LE training, EMS/Fire, and military training, would I even have a chance for applying to USMS or DEA? I feel like by quitting I won't have much to prove myself with. Also, I'm only 21, so young and dumb.

    Very unsure at this point as to what I should do, so I am looking for any feedback. Thanks all!

    8 years? I've never heard of that lenght of obligation in any ROTC. I've only known 4 year obligations. Have you talked to a recruiter? They have 4 year scholarships, so I'm not sure what the problem is. If you can get it straightened out, by all mean, stay in ROTC and get your commission. Being an officer is solid gold for federal employment.

    Be warned, you might fall in love and stay 20 years.
    Big Brother is watching

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
      8 years? I've never heard of that lenght of obligation in any ROTC. I've only known 4 year obligations. Have you talked to a recruiter? They have 4 year scholarships, so I'm not sure what the problem is. If you can get it straightened out, by all mean, stay in ROTC and get your commission. Being an officer is solid gold for federal employment.

      Be warned, you might fall in love and stay 20 years.
      I thought the 8 years was for Active Duty soldiers. I think what he is referring to Jarhead is that IRR program, or whatever it is called. I think it is Individual Readily Reserve or something like that
      God Bless America

      101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
      3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

      ICE 1811
      Applied: 6/22/09
      Exam: 7/24/2009
      SI/WA: 3/2/2010
      The Call: October 26, 2010
      PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
        I thought the 8 years was for Active Duty soldiers. I think what he is referring to Jarhead is that IRR program, or whatever it is called. I think it is Individual Readily Reserve or something like that
        Yeah, but I don't count IRR time

        4 years active, 4 years IRR...no biggie. Do your 4 years, and then happy job hunting. I still say if you can get the scholarship situation straightened out, stick with it. Actually, since he'll be paying for college anyway, I'd still stick with it.

        You can't go wrong in the military, especially as an officer. Remember, infantry infantry infantry.
        Big Brother is watching

        Comment

        MR300x250 Tablet

        Collapse

        What's Going On

        Collapse

        There are currently 13170 users online. 332 members and 12838 guests.

        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

        Welcome Ad

        Collapse
        Working...
        X