300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIG-HUD Special Agent Jobs

There have been a few postings for Special Agent positions with HUD on USA Jobs. If anyone has any input on this job please advise. The agents that I have heard from that work in midwest seem very happy.....
    DEA S/A
    Applied 02/10
    COE 04/10
    Initial Testing: 07/16/10
    Passed Phase I 07/20/10
    Panel Interview: 08/12/10
    Passed Panel Interview 08/12/10
    Medical 08/25/10-Passed
    PTT 10/26/10-Passed
    Psych???

Any specific info your wanting? I live in the midwest, have an aquintance with HUD, and have applied for several positions with them myself recently.

Comment

I'm in the housing unit for my departmnet, and Sometimes we work closely with the HUD agent in our area (Central Pa). From talking to the guy, he seems to like it. I think he's about a GS11 and has full authority over a region of more than 3 states. He does alot of welfare fraud investigations, HUD employee violations and just about everything else you can imagine. Realize that if there is a crime in a HUD property, the agent can get involved in the investigation up to and including the door kicking and arrest.

The guy I talk to has a wide area to cover, and travels ALOT. Also keep in mind, like any police/detective/agent job, there is a ton of paperwork, court and less exciting investigations involved.

Good luck

Comment

USA Jobs has posted several openings for HUD Special Agent Jobs and I was basically looking to see if anyone had input on these jobs. From what I have heard, some of the agents in the midwest can actually work from home a day or two a week and really enjoy what they do.

Thanks for the responses.....
        DEA S/A
        Applied 02/10
        COE 04/10
        Initial Testing: 07/16/10
        Passed Phase I 07/20/10
        Panel Interview: 08/12/10
        Passed Panel Interview 08/12/10
        Medical 08/25/10-Passed
        PTT 10/26/10-Passed
        Psych???

Comment

My aquaintance indicated they only go to the field office 1-2 days per week. Most work is in the field or from home. I'm sure they travel, but I'm not aware of any significant travel by this person. They seem to love their job and had mentioned a majority of the work is now with mortgage fraud, but as Champ mentioned, they can get involved in any activities that happen on HUD property.

Comment

Just wanted to wish everyone who applied for a HUD-OIG position good luck. I put in my application for the NY Area last month. Everyone I know at OIG (for various federal agencies) likes their job.

Comment

Right now, in our current economic situation in the U.S., count on working a lot of mortgage fraud cases with HUD-OIG. Working a joint case like this with HUD-OIG, and they can be pretty complicated.
              sigpic

Comment

The HUD OIG journey at GS 13. Travel and work vary by region though the emphasis right now is on mortgage fraud. They can nexus a lot but the depends on what your ASAC wants you to do. Most OIG seem VERY happy.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on the fitness and written test? Alternatively, does anyone know of any prep guides for the same (perhaps have the links)?

Comment

Originally posted by Investigator 26
                    No written and no fitness test
                    Has anyone heard anything regarding this application status?

Comment

Originally posted by JF_NYC View Post
                      Has anyone heard anything regarding this application status?
                      I received a note in the mail that my application was received. Other than that nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeygills View Post
                        I received a note in the mail that my application was received. Other than that nothing.
                        Same here. What area did you apply to?

Comment

Originally posted by JF_NYC View Post
                          Same here. What area did you apply to?
                          NY. I dont know of any other recent vacancies.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeygills View Post
                            NY. I dont know of any other recent vacancies.
                            I believe there were other areas open but I also applied to NY. Best of luck to you Mikey. See you in the field.

Comment

Recently received a call for interview, anyone else?
                              USPIS 2011
                              US OPM 2009-2011
                              US CBP 2007-2009
                              USANG 2006
                              USMC 2002-2006
                              H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                              MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9018 users online. 446 members and 8572 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X