300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasa Oig

Just saw that NASA posted for a SA position on USAJobs. Is that an armed position? Do you pretty much have to have been an 1811 somewhere else first to get it?

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/getjob.as...&rc=4&TabNum=1
    It is far better to remain silent and appear foolish, than to speak and remove all doubt.

- Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by IrishFF70 View Post
    Is that an armed position?
    Yes.

Do you pretty much have to have been an 1811 somewhere else first to get it?
    It's a very difficult gig to get. I have a coworker who worked as a cyber guy (non-1811) for NASA-OIG, and tried to get on as a cyber agent (1811), but couldn't and eventually came on as a cyber agent with us, if that tells you how competitive the process can be.
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone know what will happen with this position once the shuttle goes belly up? I know there will still be NASA, but according to their forecast given to a local station out of Orlando they're looking to lose close to 7,000 NASA jobs at the end of the shuttle program.

Comment

I don't think that'll have any effect on the OIG staffing. There will always be fraud, waste, and abuse in other areas of NASA.
        They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

I know a guy who used to work for NASA OIG in DC (PG county) when they shuttle basically disintegrated on reentry. THey ended up working it as a criminal investigation, locking up people who attempted to sell pieces of it on ebay and the such.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Is that an armed position?
            Yes. It's just like most every other 1811 position out there.

Do you pretty much have to have been an 1811 somewhere else first to get it?
            I would say so, especially since they are starting the jobs off at the GS-9 and 11 (there are a few other openings out there besides this one)

know an agent that works out of the Cape in FLA and he loves the job. He came from another 1811 position and it took him 3 times to get hired. When he took the job, he had about 10 years on.

Originally posted by StudChris
            Anyone know what will happen with this position once the shuttle goes belly up? I know there will still be NASA, but according to their forecast given to a local station out of Orlando they're looking to lose close to 7,000 NASA jobs at the end of the shuttle program.
            They will be there as long as NASA is an agency. They do waste/fraud/abuse plus criminal investigations for NASA. As stated, when the Shuttle went down, they were involved. I know that they were involved with the nutty female astronaut and they are involved with investigating fraud on all sorts of NASA parts and equipment.

Once again, a great gig and I hate to discourage anyone from applying but you will definately have to bring something to the table other than just a few years of Investigative experience in my opinion.

Good Luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14616 users online. 264 members and 14352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X