300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Police (Uniformed)

Anyone have any information on the US Postal Police, The uniformed guys not Postal Inspectors. Are the actively recruiting, what are their duties and authority?

I see them driving around my city. All I know about them is second hand info, and it was if you like to wear a badge and a gun and make good money this is it, if you want to run and gun go elsewhere.

Comment

Postal police only hire from the ranks of the postal service (Ie letter carrier is hurt so they make him a cop). Some of the larger divisions such as NYC, DC and LA have hired from the postal test but with postal police basically being decimated and not replaced, its going to get hard.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I worked with these guys down in Miami while investigating a hazmat case. VERY hard to get in from what one of them told me. Your better off going Customs. They have their own training academy. Around 6 weeks, but it may have chaged since I spoke to this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDKNIFELOVER View Post
          I worked with these guys down in Miami while investigating a hazmat case. VERY hard to get in from what one of them told me. Your better off going Customs. They have their own training academy. Around 6 weeks, but it may have chaged since I spoke to this guy.
          Ummm Postal police attend FLETC UPTP...

Comment

Here's a post from somewhere else on the net: "We have Postal Police here in Atlanta. They mostly do security work. It is an in house appointment so unless you work for the Postal Service you will not get the job. Pay and bennies are top notch. I hope this helps."
            Different stages with different agencies...

Comment

Originally posted by fedorbust1811 View Post
              Here's a post from somewhere else on the net: "We have Postal Police here in Atlanta. They mostly do security work. It is an in house appointment so unless you work for the Postal Service you will not get the job. Pay and bennies are top notch. I hope this helps."
              Like I stated before, they have some divisions were they have hired from the postal test. Mainly NYC and DC.

Comment

Postal Police (Uniformed)

I used to see them at a facility in Saint Paul MN, but I think much of that has been contracted out in my area to private security companies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5922 users online. 345 members and 5577 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X